JanD into the third year of maintenance :-D

Ahh thanks Mary .. much appreciated :) xx

Glad you had a nice time out with John. Hope everything is ok with your mum x

Hope all is well with your Mum. Take care xx

Thanks peeps :)

Mum's fine ... better than last time because she could see with the other eye - which she couldn't last time!

I ended up doing really badly food wise :( .. it's a 'when I'm with my mum for long periods of time' thing!! ;)

Anyway - whatever the excuses, this is what I can remember ..

Thursday 30th June
I had my mousse for breakie as usual but very early, so by the time Mum went to theatre I was hungry. At 9.30 I ended up having a piece of bread, a butter patt and 2 rashers of bacon (I removed all the fat) - I completely forgot that Mum had made a special request for bacon & egg with all the extras for her tea. This is something she doesn't have now because it was the one thing my Dad used to cook. I had decided to join her but as I say that went completely from my head in the morning.

Lunch - Asda meal bar

Tea - Bacon, black pudding, beans, fried bread :)() & poached egg.

6 thornton's chocs
small piece birthday cake
2 biscuits
mars bar

wine

OOOOOOOOPS!!!!! ;)

Needless to say - as a result, today is proving a bit of a struggle but I've managed to keep the snacking to just cooked meat (though some of that has been salami - not the best choice :()

Friday 1st July
Breakie - vanilla mousse

2 cherry toms

Lunch - exante choc orange bar

2 slices ham
3 slices salami

Tea - chicken salad with balsamic.

Work - Meal bar

Hope to pick it back up in the next few days to compensate for my 2 nawty days before wi on tues, but I WILL be having me l'il dwinkies over the weekend! ;)

Hope you're all doing good :) xx

Good news about your mummy. Always a worry no matter how routine at her age.
Have a good weekend.

I'm glad things went well with you Mum.
You will be fine, just put those days behind you and carry on as you were! Are you going to Zumba on monday?

Actually no :(

I fully intended to but it's (yet) another grandson's birthday tomorrow! I thought it would be okay and we could go & see him today as he'll be at school tomorrow etc etc but then my son asked us to go for tea tomorrow!
At first I said we won't have tea, we'll just stay for an hour and then I'll go & meet my friend for zumba but when I told my friend she convinced me that I should have tea there & miss zumba again. I feel bad because I'll be away next week but I was easily persuaded. Alex will only be 7 once!

Anyway - to try to compensate a little I have just done a 20minute zumba workout dvd ..... better than nothing I suppose :eek:

Sunday 3rd July

Breakie - vanilla mousse

Lunch - Mushroom exante soup

Tea - chicken salad with el salad cream

V&Cs xx

Monday 4th July

Breakie - Strawberry mousse

small banana

Lunch - BL fruit & nut breakfast bar (nice!)

Picked at bit of chicken breast :eek:

Tea - don't know yet but son said he was doing 'healthy stuff' ;) xx

Last edited:
Aww I agree with your friend. Exercise can't wait but it is great that you have done the DVD.
Have a lovely time at the party!x

I hope you meant it CAN wait ;) xx

Yes I did- sorry! Gone from doing a late shifts to early's and my brain is a bit frazzled!

Lol I knew you did ;) xx

Glad your Mum is okay Jan, and well done on doing the exercise DVD. That is a big step hun, you wouldnt have thought about doing that a few months ago - would you?

Thanks Mary - It can't make up for what I've eaten though! :eek:

Yes okay my son DID do some healthy stuff and I did eat the salad and the carrot & cucumber sticks with houmus AS WELL AS **ahem**
hot dog (white roll, turkey sausage & ff salad cream)
2 small pieces of pizza
a few fries
a few skips
3 dessert spoons of pasta salad
2 squares of choc topped flapjack
2 bite size crispie cakes
a butterfly cake with buttercream
a mini milky way
piece of birthday cake

Only water & coffee to drink but as I won't be drinking tomorrow night as I'm baby sitting AND I've already decided not to get weighed in the morning for obvious reasons, I'm gonna have a l'il tipple tonight instead. :eek:

Back on track tomorrow .... I go away next monday for a few days so I need to make up for this AND last week ... June & July are busiest birthday times :(!! xx

The birthday boy x

267735_10150317638934009_732044008_9301631_6577458_n.jpg

Glad the birthday celebrations went well. The little extra food is fine once you are applying the 80/20 rule. Just get back on track for the few days before your trip.

Thanks Molly .... just had 4 .. yes 4! galaxy cake bars. Left over from mum's party 2 weeks ago - forgot they were there :( xx

Mmmmmmm..... Galaxy! Love the choccies. Hope you enjoyed the cakebars.

I did!! A bit too much :D

Despite what I said last night I DID get on the scales this morning and I'm going to report it as it wasn't as bad as I expected ;) A gain of 2.4lbs ... provided I'm right back on track for this week before i go away that'll come off!

Looking after the little ones today so early start ..

Tuesday 5th July

Breakie - Vanilla mousse

Lunch - Exante thai chicken soup

Tea - Tesco meal bar

Babysitting the bigger ones tonight so no dwinkies (though there is about a glass & a half of wine left that I might have when I get home ;) )xx

Last edited:
That gain is easily addressed. I see you are in the attack with total TFR for the day. Are you sticking with that for the rest of the week?
Hope babysitting went well .

Back