JanD's Maintenance Diary. Into the 2nd year :o)))

Yessssss!! Weetos cereal bar is 2pp .... yum :D xx

(sorry Tan ;)) xx

Enjoy :p x

I did :D ... and so much more as it was 'legal' ;) xx

Feels good dunnit ;) x

Thursday 16th December

Breakie - at Mum's before I went to the dentist .. 2 weetabix, skimmed milk (4pp) - horrible without sweetener but Mum didn't have any.

Bed

Tea - Slow cooked chicken with onion & mushrooms in one of the new shwartz slow cooker sauce mixes, chicken casserole (it was okay but a bit too much oregano in it for me) served with boiled sweet potato - weighed & measured & pointed everything, worked out to 11pp per portion (11pp)

WW yoghurt (1pp)

Work - same as Tea (11pp) pear, satsuma, plum

Total - 27pp

I'll have to go back to the flippin' dentist in the morning as he must have caught the tooth behind the one he filled with something, it now has a huge sharp point which is sticking into my cheek! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!! I just hope he'll have a look and I won't have to make another appointment for some other time! xx

Food looking great jan :)
How is the filling now? Hope he sorts it for you tomorrow xxx

The actual filling is fine Tan - I just have this jagged piece of tooth sticking in my cheek now! I wouldn't mind but I didn't have a problem before - he 'found' I needed a filling at my check up last week :( xx

What a pain, literally! I'm sure they always just happen to find something! :s

Did ya get it sorted chick? x

Yep .... A different partner drilled off the offending spike!! :eek:

I now have to eat my words regarding people staying off work because of a 'bit of snow' ... I have never known it be the way it's been here this evening!! The snow came down too thick and fast for the cars on the main road I live on to keep it at bay .... and I don't think we've been gritted which didn't help. Cars were sliding everywhere and I was unable to get out of our drive ... well to be fair I possibly COULD have but it was sooo treacherous out there I decided to give up trying. The mother of the lad I sit with had already text to say the snow was thick there and it was okay if I didn't want to go out in it. It wasn't a case of not wanting to! I normally go to my Mum's too but couldn't do that either. Pig sick to waste a night's annual leave though! I'd rather be off when I CHOOSE to be!
ALSO - I left my lap top at my mother's this morning coz of going to the dentist so I'm on my silly little notebook which is really frustrating!!
Ah well - could be worse :eek:

Actually my main worry tonight is that DD has gone on a work's night out - next to nothing on and silly shoes (before all this started) and God only knows how/if she's going to get back - I shan't settle till I know she's safe and warm!!! :( xx

Friday 17th December

Breakie - 4 slices milk roll toasted with phili light - disappointingly realised that 30g of phili light is 2pp not 1pp as I'd thought as it's more than 5% fat (more like 12% actually :() (6pp)

Bed

Tea - 150g cottage cheese & an apple (3pp) Sugar free jelly, blueberries & ww yoghurt (1pp)

4 V&Cs :eek: (16pp)

150g cott cheese & pkt melba toast (5pp)

31pp (2 from 'lush' fund)

Edit - had another V&C :eek: 4pp so 6 gone from my luch fund leaving 43

Last edited:
Glad you're tooth is sorted. What a pain having to use annual leave :( its better to be safe than sorry though!

Hope dd has a lovely night and doesn't have any slips in the heels & snow! :giggle:

Food looking grand too mrs xxx

Saturday 18th December

Breakie - 2 weetabix, skimmed milk, splenda & blueberries (4pp)

Lunch - Turkey & cranberry sarnie in Tesco's - worked out as (8pp) using calculator

pear

Tea - Chicken breast - I didn't weigh it but it was only small (4pp) brocolli & leek with balsamic.

Wine - (18pp)

Total - 34pp - another 5 from lush fund leaving 38 :)

Done LOADS of food/drink shopping today - only need fresh stuff in the week now :) xx

Yo mrs!
You done your xmas shop have ya?
Me and stevie need to go shopping monday for our food for the week but im already worrying about it - just know its guna be busy lol When do you finish work for xmas? Hopefully you got some time off:confused:

Yeah we go the big shop done £150 big :eek: ... one advantage to being off last night.

We don't get time off as such - if it's on our rota we work it, but this year I'm fortunate enough to finish Christmas morning then go back in on 29th but I'll work New Year's eve. This will be my first Christmas off rota for YEARS!! :) ... how about you?? xx

Yeah we go the big shop done £150 big :eek: ... one advantage to being off last night.

We don't get time off as such - if it's on our rota we work it, but this year I'm fortunate enough to finish Christmas morning then go back in on 29th but I'll work New Year's eve. This will be my first Christmas off rota for YEARS!! :) ... how about you?? xx

£150 big shop?!!!! :eek: that'd last me 2months atleast :giggle:!!!!

I finish xmas eve morning 6am and go back thur30th 1am which is ideal - they were tyring to make us go back wed 29th 1am - then we finish 31st dec 6am so lovely really.

Can't believe you've got to work nye!!! :( me and the bf are staying at home so i'll be around online if you are!:giggle: Can't believe how close 2011 is! x

Last edited:
Wee-eeeell I HAVE got 10 for Christmas dinner and all day and 16 on the Monday!! And that did include 3 for £20 packs of beer, 3 for £12 bottles of Cava, a case of 6 bottles of Pinot (bet you can't guess who they're for ;)), 2 for £15 bottles of liquor (sp?) .... Oh Yeah ;) and a frock ;) .. just kinda 'fell' into the trolley ;)

To be honest - with a bit of luck, the family I work for may tell me not to go on NYE but if I do go I won't go till after midnight. I don't really mind, it's nice to be off but at the same time if we're needed and we're rostered on that's fine. I guess I'm used to it after 24 years. xx

6 bottles of pinot ..... i honestly cant think who'd they'd be for!!!! :giggle: so your xmas shop consisted mainly of booze .... sounds like a perfect shop ;) hehe

Hope you can get nye off - will keep :fingerscrossed: for you - even if you do have to go in atleast you get to see it in with dh before hand :) xxx

Well perhaps not 'mainly' but certainly 'plenty of' ;)

Thanks for the crossed fingers!!

I really hope you have a SUPER Christmas honey - you deserve it! xxx

Back