JanD's Maintenance Diary. Into the 2nd year :o)))

Ha Ha ... there speaks someone who knows exactly what it feels like!!! xx

Wednesday 22nd December

Breakie - 2 weetabix, skimmed milk, splenda & blueberries

Lunch - Batchelors pouch soup - chicken & veg with a piece of seeds & oats, toasted. I was still hungry so had sarnie of 2 pieces of milk roll spread with tesco lf soft cheese & filled with chicken :eek:

Tea - Chicken breast, baked, roasted toms, courgette & mushrooms

WW yog

Work - Chicken & cottage cheese with toms, radish & cucumber. 2 satsumas, pear & plum

Have done loads of housework today & got rooms/beds ready for visitors. Just the downstairs hoovering to do now which DH can do on Friday with the porch floor (minging with all this snow!)

I can't believe I have ANOTHER flipping shopping list!! I'll go to Tescos on my way home from work on Friday morning & brave the crowds ;)

Hope you're all keeping warm and are nearly ready for the festivities!! :D xx

Shopping seems endless doesn't it!
Are you doing Xmas dinner for all the family this year jan? Xxx

Yep - well some of them ... 10 for Dinner, 4 overnight. Then on Monday all the kids, partners, children, my sister & bil and my mum ... I think that's about 18 altogether :D xx

Oh btw - just had a HUGE cob of cheese whilst putting tea in the oven!!!! :( xx

18!!!! Yikes! Lol :eek:

JanD said:
Oh btw - just had a HUGE cob of cheese whilst putting tea in the oven!!!! :( xx

Oh yum!! Shame you ain't got any of the sticky toffee cheese!!!! ;)

HaHa - I'm used to it. What used to annoy me was that as I've always done the dinner I've always missed a lot of present opening .... till last year when I suddenly had the brain wave that we wouldn't do prezzies till after dinner. That worked, so that's what we'll be doing this year too :) xx

Crikey Jan, I hope they all help? Must admit though we used to have big family Xmases when my parents were still alive and they were wonderful, this year I only have to cook for four so it will be a breeze!

Still need lists though:D

Oooo - cooking for 4 .... I don't think I've ever done Christmas dinner for so few except the 1st year I was married (1st time .. ie 1974!) when I cooked for 2!!

Son-in-law does the carrot & turnip and placenames - I do the rest except for drinks which DH sees to. My sister does a lot of the clearing away and sorting of left overs and son & son-in-law the dishes, it usually works quite well.... still knackering though ;)

Apart from the cob of cheese I said about earlier I also had 2 tree chocs before coming out to work :( I wouldn't mind but I buy the cheap, nasty ones thinking I don't really like them but who am I kidding? - They're chocolate when all said & done ;) xx

Sounds like a good combination Jan, and no need to invest in a dish-washer when the Son and Son in law are there to offer their services.

Chocolate is chocolate eh! I had some dark proper chocolate this week in my M&S Hamper that I had from work. 2 small squares are enough at a time though, so it might be wise to invest in real dark chocolate in future, I couldnt eat it the way I eat milk chocolate.

I don't like dark chocolate. That's one time I would refuse chocolate if that's all there was. I know 'real' stuff is supposed to be different but I don't know xx

Only milk or white for me ;) xx

Good taste ;)

Just had 4 sqs choc and a mini choc chip muffin :eek: xx

Back