JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 38 onwards.

:rotflmao: and heres me thinking you made it from scratch and everything!!! :giggle:

PPPPPHHHHHHHFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah .... I did .... silly me :p xxx

O-OH!!!!
Was V V V bad last night :(:(:(

Had wholemeal deli roll with olive light, cheese & beetroot, 2 tesco choc & raisin bars, a pkt of weightwatchers tortilla chips and a piece of bread with egg & bacon sandwich filler on half and houmous on the other half :(:(:(

I don't even know how I had time for all that - I didn't have my tea till after 8pm!

Ah well - today's another day.

I think it may have been because it was weigh day - normally I'd get weighed in the morning and have a bit of a treatish type lunch and that'd be it. But because I worked Sunday night I got weighed at about 6pm so I guess maybe subconsciously I was looking for my post weigh in treat ..... went a bit overboard though :eek: xx

post weigh in treats are a b***h! lol

Just catching up and saying hi :) You are doing well and going in the right direction Jan :)!! Well done on your 1lb loss this week.

I am doing ok - got the reunion a week on Friday so well and truly focussed for that at the minute.

Hello stranger! :):) Lovely to hear from you. Glad you're doing ok :) I'm sure everyone will be well impressed at your reunion.

Tues 9th March

Breakie - 2 weetabix, blueberries etc

Lunch - Bacon roll :eek: hmmmmmmmmmm :eek:

1/3rd of a caramel shortcake bar in sains cafe :( hmmmmmmmmm :(

Tea - baked salmon, roasted tomatoes & courgettes & vlf salad cream

V&Cs :eek: xx

Boots shapers bar

Last edited:
well you appear to be heading in the right direction, but be careful you dont put that pound back on again.

How have you managed after losing so much do you have spare skin etc?

well you appear to be heading in the right direction, but be careful you dont put that pound back on again.

I KNOW!!!!!! :eek:

How have you managed after losing so much do you have spare skin etc?

Hi Blodwen :)
Yes I do have a lot of loose skin ... though actually I do prefer what you said .... 'spare skin' sounds as though you might be able to use it one day whereas 'loose' sounds ... well pretty revolting really ;) :D Lol!!

I'm 54, have yo-yo-ed for over 30 years and was a 20 a day smoker up until 10 years ago so I didn't expect anything else. I look at it this way - do I prefer to keep all that skin full of fat, hate the way I look, how much I weigh, feeling awful, unable to climb stairs without having to stop, unable to play with grandchildren, finding everything a chore, always feeling tired and bloated and hiding from every camera I can - crying at the result if anyone does catch me with one?? Or do I prefer to have none of the above - the only price being a bit of loose skin?? .... no contest in my book. :):)

Okay - maybe I still don't particularly like the way I look with no clothes on - at least now I quite like the way I look WITH them on :D

Best of luck with your journey - keep coming on here it really helps xx

Thanks Joy ..... just hope I can carry on maintaining! :)

Wed 10th March

Breakie - Just an Alpen light bar because we were going out for lunch.

Lunch - Apsaragus & cheese risotto stuffed mushrooms with new potatoes and peas. Mushrooms were tiny (2 of them) precious little rice in the risotto but there WAS loads of cheese :eek:. Just had 2 new potatoes and didn't eat the peas - don't like frozen peas. Also had the salad you help yourselves to in Harvesters. All the good stuff except for a few kidney beans and 2 bits of potato salad.

Tea - Chicken & veg soup & slice of toast.

Mango & fr frais.

Have packed for work - a deli roll with salad and vlf salad cream, a tub of pickles & gherkins, a pear and 2 yellow plums and a pkt of weightwatchers cheesey bites.

Only 6 days to my sister's wedding now xx

Edit - 2.15am - 4 squares of wholenut :eek::(
Edit - 5am - 6 pringles :(

Last edited:
Thurs 11th

Had crust off both ends of a slice of Mum's toast with clover on :(

Alpen light bar

Tea - Diced turkey thigh, onion, leek, mushrooms & sweet potato cooked in creamed tomatoes & moroccan seasoning.

'eat natural' kid's lunchie
yellow plum

Have brought to work - wholemeal seeded deli roll with salad & vlf salad cream, tub of pickles & gherkins & 3 yellow plums. xx

Edit - 5am slice of seeded batch bread with vitalite & jam :(

Last edited:
Oh no! You broke it Jan ... you had something at mothers!!! :p lol x

I KNOW Tan!!!! **slaps hand against head** But I'm sooo glad you said that because it makes me more determined not to have anything when I'm there this morning - in about 20 minutes in fact!!

Mind you I came back on to own up to the piece of bread & jam I had before so swings & roundabouts I suppose :eek: xx

:giggle:

Well atleast you have cut it down and not eating there everyday now :D :D :D xxx

LOL!

:(:( Just been there as I do on a friday before work to do her hair and had 2 mini doughnuts with chocolate on and a viennese cream biscuit :(:(

I DIDN'T have anything this morning though! (thanks to you ;))

Tea - the very end of the batter off DHs chippie fish, about 10 chips with a pouch of Chilli. A boots shapers bar

The above 'lapse' at my mother's :eek:

I've brought to work a maintenance bar, a tub of pickles & gherkins, a pear and 2 yellow plums and an 'eat natural' kids lunchie ... strange combination but it was one of those times when I didn't know what to bring and the maintenance bar - my last one, went out of date in January so I thought I'd use it up - just hope it's okay, sure it will be xx

Edit :(:(:( Go Ahead yoghurt breaks & Cadbury's Brunch Bar :(:(:( x

Last edited:
Saturday 13th March

Had 2 more of those rotten little doughnuts with choccie on at mum's and a spoon of cheesey coleslaw. AND the crusts off a piece of toast with clover on.

Boots shaper bar

When I got up I had 2 ryvitas with a banana on.

My sister & future brother-in-law's hen/stag 'do' - chicken & mushroom melt, a few chips and about 2 peas (yuck - frozen)

One of my sons brought my mother's day pressie to the pub and I could see a box of chocs in the bag - shared them with DH when we got home .... not putting a sad face coz I'm entitled!!!! :);):)

Drank lots of wine xx

Sunday 14th March.

Breakie - Bacon buttie - 2 slices wholemeal, clover & 2 rashers of bacon.

Lunch - My sister did a buffet at my mother's so I've had ... Bread, clover, cheese, pate, corned beef, a mini quiche, half a scotch egg, a slice of pizza, a few tortilla chips, a spoonful of potato salad and 4!!! mini caramel shortcakes :( (they're my very fave :() and 2 glasses of wine.

Don't think I'll be getting weighed in the morning :( - it'd be a false reading and probably very depressing :) xx

Last edited:
Sunday 14th cont .....

Went to pub - had 2 V&Cs & having a couple more at home. Will have something to eat not sure what yet.

I'm off to Scotland in the morning - Taking my mother up ready for my sister's wedding at Gretna Green on tues. The rest of the family are coming up - one son & family tomorrow night and everybody else on tues. I won't be on line till I'm back on wed.

.... Missing you already ... :):):) xxx

Awww Jan hope your sister enjoys her day and you have a fab time away too :) xxx

Thanks Tan! We all had a lovely time :) I've eaten and drunk for England (or maybe Scotland as that's where we were ;)) I couldn't begin to list it all. But I finished off with a chippie tea tonight as I was really tired. I'll start diarying again tomorrow.

I haven't been near any scales and I'm not sure when I'll pluck up the courage to do that :eek:

Back in work now and really struggling to stay awake! I've posted a few photos on FB xx

Back