JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 38 onwards.

Hi jan I have been to olu deniz for the day it is lovely, it can tend to be a bit more expensive than other parts of turkey, simply because it is very beautiful.

Ooo thanks Joy that's good to know - we haven't been to Turkey before so wouldn't see the price difference probably - the holiday itself seems very reasonable to us - we're used to Greece.

Eating myself stupid :( I actually went & bought over £3 worth of chocolate last night and ate the lot :(:( I've come up to the hotel now to pinch their Wifi and have more wine :eek: but worse than that - on the way here I went into the tearooms and bought a slice of coconut & lemon cake to have after my tea :eek::eek: ***big sigh***

I'll be sort of glad to get on the scales and sort myself out - now why I can't think about 'sorting myself out' before I can get on the scales I don't know! xxx

hi jan you are on holiday, read on another thread that you are thinking of going on tfr? how long for?

Jan.........stop it right now girl, ya hear!!!

Joy, Jan has gone to Montgomery for a few days to do some painting, she went last year as well and had a great time.

Hiya Joy ..... I've been trawling through the other threads because I didn't remember saying I was thinking of TFR-ing again and all I can find is where I've said to Mary that I found myself slightly jealous of the simplicity of TFR but doubting whether I could do it again. I totally accept I may be wrong as my memory lets me down a lot lately but I haven't seriously considered TFR again yet - though never say never. I'm planning on getting weighed in the morning - I have a horrible feeling the result of that may lead to all kinds of rethinks :eek::( ......... Don't know what I'd do without this place :eek: xx

Jan.........stop it right now girl, ya hear!!!

Yes Ma'am ....... !!!!! Better not tell you I've just had fish & chips from the chippie and am half way through a bottle of wine then had I??? ... All will change on weigh in tomorrow :eek: xxx

Well at least you are prepared for a gain tomorrow on the scales, then get back to it Mrs D. Dont end up like me, a stone and a half gained. You wouldnt want that would you, or to be back on 3 shakes a day, simplicity yes, boring yes, so knuckle back down to it.

I repeat 'Yes Ma'am' Lol! :) I'm terrified of those scales Mary, I don't mind admitting it, and I can't decide exactly how to go about fixing it ...... ****sigh**** xx

Jan, i can picture you like that lady in the advert led on the floor feet in the air with holding the scales up with her feet - quick simple way of getting to 10st hahahahahahhahahahahaa

Jan, you know the scales are evil but you have enjoyed yourself and like mary says hop to it tomorrow chick :) Its ard though init getting back into it. xxx

scale+cartoon.jpg
:eek: xxx

:rotflmao: Jan where an earth do you find these pictures?!!!!

Good ol' Mr Google :) xx
fsm-google-doodle.png

Jan, I have every faith in you, I know if anyone can do it, you can. Dont worry, you had a good time, but the holiday is now over. Its only if you didnt have a good time, plus a gain then its bad.

Tomorrow is a new day hun. Big hugs xxx

Thanks Mary - 'she said whilst guiltily stuffing down a smarties easter egg she hopes she can replace for one of the grandchildren before the weekend' :(:(:( xx

Oh God I'm soooo dreading it (so why keep on stuffing sensible ones might say??? Wish I knew :) ) x

Okay! I faced the music this morning and have gained 6.6lbs in the last 3 weeks making me 10st 12.6lbs now. I could kick myself but there's not a lot of point and at least I haven't gone over 11st which I'm really pleased about. My trouble now is deciding how to put things right ..... Today I've had ...

Breakie - 2 weetabix, splenda & skimmed milk

Lunch - carrot & coriander soup and a wholegrain seeded roll

Tea - Apricot & Date Chicken tagine, morroccan cous cous and green beans

So I've had my 3 meals and I'm having a couple of V&Cs - my excuse is that it's the last night of my holiday week before going back to work tomorrow - if I needed an excuse ;)

I'm only working 2 nights this week - my excuse will then be that it's Easter of course ;)

I need a plan ........... xx

Well the damage is done Jan, and there is nothing that can be undone,but hey as long as you enjoyed yourself, then thats fine.

..............now its time to knuckle back to it, or else you will get closer to that 11 stone.

Come on now Jan, do it with me, we are the same weight, dont let all your good work go to waste.

NO MORE EXCUSES.......you can have a tiny nibble of easter egg, and nothing else Mrs.

Aww know how you feel, its a slippery slope, thats exactly where I was when I was eating, always something coming up this weekend, or next Friday etc etc, but the inevitable happens.

Back to it woman.........big hugs xxx

I AM going to be trying hard!!

Have finished off today with a pkt of weighwatchers tortilla chips and I'm going to bed soon. I just don't feel as though I have enough of a plan ..... I'm maybe thinking along the lines of diet chef - I don't really want to cut out a whole food group or I'd do Atkins. I have stuff in to be able to do diet chef or similar so that's where I'll probably go.

Same weight hey?? Hmmmmmm - challenge!!! Mind you I don't think I can equal LT results whatever I do! Lol xx

Not as bad as you thought then mrs!

You and me both need a plan ..... my trouble, its easter weekend and as of friday morning at 8am i dont have work again untill the 13th and of course i have Paris during that time!

You know you can knuckle down, youve done it before and you are determined not to go over 11st so you wont, every faith :D :D :D xxx

I have cancelled Easter this year, besides, I am nights on Sat and Sun anyway, so it will make it a bit easier for me.

I should have been working the whole weekend but the family are going away so I'm doing tonight & tomorrow instead and having a night off. DH keeps talking about our unexpected weekend and 'what shall we do'? .... I'd like to hibernate actually! Lol!

So ... today ... it's been a strange one because I've been out & about ..
Breakie - 2 weetabix, splenda & skimmed milk.
Teaspoon of grandson's spag bol
Alpen light bar
pear
2 baby beetroot
3 cherry toms
slice ham

Tea - smoked river cobbler, roasted butternut squash, cherry toms & courgette with vlf salad cream. Plum

Options hot chocolate

Taking to work a left over piece of river cobbler, salad & vlf salad cream. A small pack of cut up fruit from tesco (pineapple, kiwi, melon, that sort of thing but it's really small) xx

Last edited:
Back