JanD's Maintenance Diary, wk 25 onwards.

I'll write a book about it Tan - call it 'The (other) Secret' and make a FORTUNE!!! Lol!!!

Well - got weighed when I got up tonight and have done more damage than the flippin' holiday .. Up 2.8lbs :eek: ... I'm now 10st 12.2lbs - after TFR & 2 weeks refeed I was 10st 7lbs. That might not sound too bad I know but I lost a bit more and found I was most comfortable around 10st 3 or 4lbs - therefore I need to lose 8 or 9 lbs.

I totally understand and realise that might not sound like much to some people but these things are relative and it feels like a chunk of weight to me. What's more I WILL NOT go over 11st!!!!!!

So can I please have plenty of arse-kicks to set me on my way??? :eek:

For tea I've had 2 grilled rashers of extra trimmed bacon, a poached egg and some bbq beans ... I'm still having a few v&cs ... stubbornly I won't give them up - I'd rather eat less. I know that's silly - but there we are, nobody said grandmothers always have to be sensible ;oP xx

I'll write a book about it Tan - call it 'The (other) Secret' and make a FORTUNE!!! Lol!!!

Well - got weighed when I got up tonight and have done more damage than the flippin' holiday .. Up 2.8lbs :eek: ... I'm now 10st 12.2lbs - after TFR & 2 weeks refeed I was 10st 7lbs. That might not sound too bad I know but I lost a bit more and found I was most comfortable around 10st 3 or 4lbs - therefore I need to lose 8 or 9 lbs.

I totally understand and realise that might not sound like much to some people but these things are relative and it feels like a chunk of weight to me. What's more I WILL NOT go over 11st!!!!!!

So can I please have plenty of arse-kicks to set me on my way??? :eek:

For tea I've had 2 grilled rashers of extra trimmed bacon, a poached egg and some bbq beans ... I'm still having a few v&cs ... stubbornly I won't give them up - I'd rather eat less. I know that's silly - but there we are, nobody said grandmothers always have to be sensible ;oP xx

:whoopass: :whoopass: :whoopass: :whoopass: :whoopass: :whoopass: :whoopass: :whoopass: :whoopass: :whoopass:

Enough? :giggle:

Could you be ever so kind and repay the favour?! haha

Jan, Jan, Jan!!!!!!

Come on! Get a grip :) the last thing you want is to get over 11st, and if you dont stop it now, it will start to creep up!!!!! Did that help :)

You know you can do it; if you can apply your stubbornness about your V&C's to your picking, brill!

Ok for me being on TFR, but I know you will just hate that feeling of knowing you are heavier than you feel comfortable with, but only you are able to put a stop on it. So, we are all willing you to get to that point.

Have the three weeks before your sister gets married to spur you on!

You are my inspiration, so dont let me, Tan, and Mary down ;-)!

Am I helping????? !!! :) hope so!

Tan ... have been over to your thread to oblige :) xx

Iris!!!! Thank you for coming out of - I was going to say hiding but I don't think you've been 'hiding' but hopefully you know what I mean - thank you for caring ... you have no idea what it means to me to have you come and tell me off ;)
It just shows that - no matter what - we are here for each other and no matter how we might feel and be doing ourselves we still want to give our help and support and try to stop others getting totally out of control even though we may feel that we, ourselves are.

I LOVE this place.

Thank you all!! :grouphugg:

Have had pkt weightwatchers nachos, cheese flvrd tortilla chips (78cals) and a slice of corned beef with philli light. x

Not a bad day today ...

Tues 9th Feb

Breakie - 50gms granola, blueberries & skimmed milk
Lunch - Tomato, chicken & courgette soup & wholemeal roll
Snack - yellow plum
Tea - Pork casserole - pork (funnily enough), onion, carrot and a colemans casserole mix.

v&cs :eek:

Will edit later - sure there'll be something else.

Feeling bloated all the time lately. Don't know if it's something to do with that totm (that 1st for about 3 yrs totm!) which started before I went to Marrakech and is now in its 3rd week!! :( xx

Boots Shapers blueberry yoghurt snack bar (89 cals)

Slice roast beef with phili light

Last edited:
Yesterday looks good Jan!

Re the totm thing - im the same and i always feel very bloated/fat around the totm so could be that! :) Hope it stops soon for you :) xxx

Finally got round to reading the leaflet with my HRT yesterday and I should have stopped taking it 2-3 weeks ago in light of the unexpected totm OOOOOPS! :eek:
I didn't take it yesterday or today and if anything I think it's getting worse! I'll give another week or so then I might go to docs.

Anyhoo ... Wed 10th Feb.
Got up very late - lay in coz of starting work tonight so first meal I had was ..
lunch - tin of tesco asparagus soup and a piece of wholemeal toast.
snack - small pear & yellow plum
Tea - baked salmon and stir fry, small pear & yellow plum.
teaspoon of phili light (?)

Have brought to work , chicken breast coated in lime & coriander, silverskins, gherkins and an 'eat natural' lunchie bar.

Had cup of bovril today. Haven't had that for years - enjoyed it too! xx

Thursday 11th Feb

Breakie - 2 weetabix etc etc, 1 crispbread with phili light

Bed till 3pm when the dog barking frantically woke me up & I had to go & see what was up ..... so you'll all understand perfectly that it is the DOG'S FAULT that I had a piece of bread with olive light spread, phili light, a slice of roast beef and a squeeze of extra light salad cream while I waited for her to 'perform' outside. (This isn't what was wrong with her - I still don't know what that was!)
Anyway - went back to bed for a couple of hours

Tea - Lightly dusted river cobbler, roasted cherry toms, courgette & mushrooms, 2 yellow plums.

A baby beetroot with a teaspoon of phili light.

Have brought to work - a pouch of green giant veg soup, a yellow plum, a pear and a Boots shapers bar. xx

edit - 4 squares wholenut :(

Last edited:
Friday 12th Feb

Breakie - Crust off a danish white loaf with icbinb at Mum's. Oat so Simple porridge with golden syrup made with skimmed milk when I got home.

Bed all day

Tea - Pollock a la bordelaise with carrots, cabbage & leek and 2 yellow plums.

a baby beetroot

8 pringles and a pear at my mother's

Have brought to work - Some chicken coated with tikka seasoning, left over carrots, silverskins, gherkins and an 'eat natural' kiddies lunchie bar. xx

edit - wrapped a piece of thick white bread and vitalite round some of that chicken :(

Last edited:
sounds good to me. x what's the granola like I get confused, cos some I have looked at seem to be loaded with sugar?

Looking good Jan, I am sure you will soon lose those few lbs, and dont you dare go over 11st Mrs! ............ Not like me!

502024b.jpg

Lizi's cereal is famous for it's Low GI qualities helping the nation to lose those unwanted pounds where necessary with absolutely yummy granola cereals. This toasty roasty cereal includes cashews, almonds and hazel nuts. Wow, what a great start to the day.
Ingredients

Jumbo rolled oats, Rapeseed oil, Agave syrup, Dessicated coconut, Concentrated Apple Juice, Pumpkin Seeds, Black Treacle, Pistachio Nuts, Cashew Nuts, Flaked Almonds, Golden Linseeds, Sunflower Seeds, Hazel Nuts.
Nutritional Information

Per 100g:
Energy 2058kj/493kcal, Protein 11.3g, Carbohydrate 48.6g (of which sugars 10.2g), Fat 28.1g (of which saturates 7.3g, of which mono-unsaturates 12.5g, of which poly-unsaturates 8.3g) Dietary Fibre 7.4g, Sodium 0.013g, Glycaemic load 12g
Cautions

Contains Gluten (oat), Nuts (pistachio, cashew, almond, hazel). Made in a factory which handles peanuts and sesame seeds. The oats used in this product may contain traces of wheat. //
Suitable for Diabetics, Dairy Free, Organic, Vegan, Wheat Free

This is the one I use Joy .... I find the others too hard to crunch tbh - big clusters and my teeth aren't too good! And this is the one Diet Chef supply - which is where I first started using it. xx
http://www.google.co.uk/product_url...2=TN1hlaWz_Tmj8fOO2WP5eQ&gl=uk&hl=en&sa=image

Mary - I'll be mortified if I go over 11st :( I don't have the excuse of giving up smoking ;)!!

I didn't come on here yesterday (tbh I really wanted to last night but me and DH were having our valentine's evening as we've got 2 of the grandchildren from today for a couple of days so I thought going on the laptop might be a bit rude - however DH fell asleep at 9pm so I could have - but then I wouldn't have been able to claim the moral highground would I ;))

Anyhoo - yesterday - Sat 13th Feb

Breakie - crust of toast with icbinb at Mum's - shopped in way home and then had 2 weetabix, blueberries, splenda & skimmed milk when I got home.

Bed all day

Tea - Succumbed to Tesco's Valentine Meal deal - Chianti roast beef with rosemary potatoes, green veg, Belgian chocolate torte, a bottle of fizz and a small bag of thornton's chocs (3ozs - 7 chocs, 3 for him and 4 for me ;))
I was sitting here thinking that - although I'd 'broken my diet' - it actually could have been a lot worse and it need not necessarily have done too much damage at all when DH left the room - came back and said - 'I think I'm in trouble' - and handed me a box of assorted Lindor chocolates.

Well needless to say I said 'Oh darling thank you for the thought but if you don't mind I'll save them until I'm in a more comfortable place weight-wise'

HA!!!! If you believe that!!!!! ........................ I actually said 'YOU B*****D' - ripped open the box, shared them into 2 piles (I don't like the dark chocolate ones so he got all of them and a 'couple' of others) and scoffed the lot !!!!!!! :(:(:(:(

Later on I had a slice of roast beef with phili light because I felt like something savoury. **big sigh** ... ah well .... my fault I can't say 'No'!!! xx

Sunday 14th Feb

Breakie - Oat so simple golden syrup porridge with blueberries.

Had this quite late and wanted to eat with grandchildren ie. early tea, so didn't have any lunch except for a slice of corned beef - oh - and 2 wine and sodas in the pub.

Tea - Lightly dusted river cobbler with brocolli, 3 wedges & extra light salad cream.

Few v&cs tonight :eek:

Pkt weightwatchers cheesey tortilla chips.

Yeah .... why should I be the only one gaining weight??? LOL!! xx

yes that made me laugh too. My hubby's a bar humbug when it comes to valentine's did not even get a card, but we did go out on the 13th for a meal with friends, and he bought me an mp3 player for the gym, so will forgive him. Jan where can I get the granola from it's sounds delicious and I would like a change.

They sell it in the larger Tescos Joy. The only other place I've seen it is in an International supermarket in Liverpool ... not a lot of help I know ;) It's not cheap - about £3.20 for 500gms, but it IS nice xx

Happy to report a 3.8lb loss this week :):). I don't think I can take all the credit - I think part of it might be that pesky unexpected & unexplained totm finally coming to an end (almost) - but I must have done something right ;)

Monday 15th Feb

Breakie - Oat so Simple golden syrup porridge with blueberries

Lunch - 2 slices soya & linseed with olive light spread, pork loin, rocket, cucumber & vlf salad cream.

Eat Natural kiddies lunchie bar.

Tea - Pouch of fragrant Thai curry with green beans.

v&cs ;) xx

Back