JanD's Maintenance Diary, wk 25 onwards.

:giggle: say sorry to the clover for me if i have offended *slapped wrists* lol

:p :p

Have had 8 rotten squares of choc :(:( xx

Sat 16th Jan

At Mum's this morning had half a piece of bread with clover, 2 mini marshmallow biscs, half a matchbox size piece of cheese and half a bourbon.

At home - had breakie of Granola, blueberries & skimmed milk.

Tea ... I slow cooked mince, onions, leeks, mushrooms in a cottage pie mix which was supposed to be for DH, DD & friend & 2 grandsons. DD & friend had been out for a meal so I ended up having a bowlful (BIG bowlful!). I then put out the Asda chocolate trifle DH had got for afters, I didn't have a dish of it but I might as well have for all the spoonlicking I did.

Having a few v&cs .. really fancied some wine tonight but managed to resist!

I'm going to be so annoyed with myself if I haven't lost anything on Monday :( xx

Alpen light bar before bed

Last edited:
Sun 17th Jan

Breakie - 50gms Lizi's granola , blueberries & skimmed milk

Fruitie snack bar

Main meal - Pub Sunday roast. Half a (very small) chicken, 2 roasties, bit of mash, carrots, cauli, bite of stuffing & yorkshire pud, bit of gravy.

V & Cs

1 pumpkin seed ryvita with phili light

Last edited:
Hey Jan,

Been keeping up to date with your diary (quietly lurking!!) and I will certainly be picking up some tips from you!!! When I finally get to maintenance!!

Ooo crumbs! Better pull me socks up then ;):) xx

Lost 3.6lbs .... makes me wonder what it could have been if I'd been 100%!! Does give me the incentive to try to be really good this week before going away. xx

Hey Jan,
As a minimins lurker-cum-occasional-poster, thanks for sharing this nugget! It gives great hope to all of us dieters who can rarely achieve perfection and thus think we've blown it. Your honest account of what you've eaten, and then your results means there *is* a point to not giving up along the way.
Congrats! you deserve the loss because you've been really mindful and honest. Keep up the good work, and keep posting!
Melanie

Thanks Melanie ... maintenance is the hardest part imho - I find posting regularly and honestly on here a great help!

Hope you're doing okay! xx

Hi jan I have not been on for a while, I put on 7 pounds over christmas too, basically I thought sod it. Went back to cutting down last week, and have managed to lose a couple of pounds, and I am determined to keep going until I get back to 9:12 which I feel is my ideal weight. I love coming on here and seeing how every one is doing. I keep telling myself this time last year I had over three stone to lose, so what's a few pounds this year. I am determined to maintain and I find this forum so useful, and such as yourself an inspiration, thankyou.

:wow: well done on your loss Jan - fantastic :D :D :D :D :D

Grovergirl - im with Jan - maintainence is the hardest thing i think ive ever tried to do but coming on here and writing it all down helps big time :)

Thanks Jan :D

I've been maintaining, plus or minus a bit, for about 6 years now. Finally lost 9 stone in 2002 and I intend to stay in 'real' shop clothes for the rest of my life now! I agree, maintenance isn't easy. There's no beginning and end. It's a lifetime of good/bad/compromise. I did TFR before Christmas to get me into great clothes - and more importantly a good mind set before I went on hols for the festive season. Have been low carbing since. Like most people here, i'd say I've tried almost everything but really, we just have to constantly keep ourselves in check.

You'll defo lose another bit before your hols now, and will go away with you head up high. Congrats and keep fighting the fight!!!

wow grovergirl hadnt realised you had lost so much weight before you dabbled into LT - thats fantastic, well done! And to have maintained for so long - trooper :)

Took the words right out of my mouth Tan :):) xxx

Monday 18th Jan

Breakie - 50gms granola, blue&blackberries & skimmed milk

Lunch - Tomato & basil soup & half a roll

Snack - 'Eat Natural' kiddies lunchie

Tea - Chilli pouch meal with baby spinach & 4 corchinons (cornichons? - like gherkins)

Going to have some wine tonight :) xx

Edited to add ... didn't enjoy the wine so went back to v & cs ;)
1 pumpkin seed ryvita & 2 oatcakes with phili light & silverskin pickled onions x

Last edited:
Thanks Girls :D

Jan - great day, especially as, according to my radio on the way home, it's the most depressing day of the year (third Monday in Jan) and the day when everyone breaks their NY resolution diets... apparently...?

Good to see your still going strong Jan

Thanks Adam - nice to 'see'you ... not doing so bad yourself!! ;) x

Well done on the loss Jan, thats really great, especially for your holidays. YOu will easily do another couple of lbs before you go away.

Keep it up girl.

Thanks Mary xx

Tues 19th Jan

Breakie - Granola, blue & blackberries & skimmed milk

Lunch - celery & blue cheese soup & seeded roll

2 celebrations

Tea - Sainsbury's cheese & bacon pasta & baby spinach

v & c s :eek:

1 pumpkin seed ryvita & 2 oatcakes all with phili light and pickled onions

Last edited:
Back