JanD's Maintenance Journal. The 1st 6 weeks.

Tuesday 23rd June.

Breakie - Lizi's granola (cut down to 30g instead of 50g), raspberries & ff from frais.

Lunch - best I could find in Sainsbury's cafe. Egg salad, it was quite high in fat as it had mayo in it 17.6g/100g :( but was only 269cals. Best they had anyway. It had slices of potato in it and I left some of them but felt hungry again soon after so had snack of half a slice of ham followed by a pear.

Tea - Baked fresh tuna steak with roasted cherry tomatoes & courgette and 2.5ozs of baked sweet potato with a teaspoonful of from frais. Then finished off the pot of from frais and the pkt of sugar free jelly crystals from the week before last.

Supper :eek: Wholemeal roll with salad & 2 sm slices pork loin. Think that might be too many carbs today but I'll have less tomorrow - I just fancied that roll ;)

Drinks - water & black coffee. xx

Last edited:
Wed 24th June

Breakie - 35g Lizi's granola, raspberries & 0% greek yoghurt.

Lunch - Wholemeal wrap with chicken salad.

Tea - (out) - Greek Chicken ... "breast of chicken stuffed with feta, basil, pine nuts & sun blushed tomatoes served with roasted mediterranean vegetables" HA HA!! Doesn't that sound nice??? Instead read .. dried up chicken breast with a couple of burnt tomato skins 3 pine nuts and some mottled vomit-like substance (presumably melted feta?) served with one cherry tomato, a quarter of a small red onion and a tiny piece of courgette in a tomato and HOT chilli sauce!!! Trouble is I was SO hungry I could have eaten a scabby horse so had to make do!!

snack - cheese string

Drinks - water, black coffee and 3 dry wine & sodas with lime xx

Last edited:
Your maintenance sounds pretty good well done you have done brilliant

Thanks Adam! x

I know Mary - if I hadn't felt so ill (I was soooo hungry!) I would have but I couldn't have waited any longer to eat. I don't know what it was ... maybe a blood sugar thing, maybe because I'd been sitting in the sun for a couple of hours (though doubt it) but I needed to eat!

Anyway .... Thursday 25th June

Breakie - 35g granola, blueberries & 0% greek yoghurt

Lunch - Wholemeal wrap with low fat cream cheese, smoked salmon and salad.

Snack - pear

Tea - Chicken breast baked with tarragon & lime juice with stir fried (in frylight & soy sauce) veggies

0% greek yog with no sugar jelly crystals.

babybel light

Drinks - water, black coffee and 2 large vodkas with soda & lime.

Last edited:
How are you enjoying the Greek yogurt Jan?

I love it as a desert or mixed with other ingredients to make dips, sauces etc. I have it today mixed with honey and mustard for my pork.

I'm liking it Mary - I used to have it on SW actually. The only thing is it's awfully thick, particularly on my b'fast. I might have to get nat yog as well for that coz it makes it very 'gloopy' ... unless you know a way of thinning it down a bit?

I've got 2 lamb shanks in the slow cooker for tonight - not really the weather I know but they were reduced in tescos and we love 'em. 1st time using the slow cooker so playing it by ear & hoping for the best! I'll let you know later ;) x

I'm liking it Mary - I used to have it on SW actually. The only thing is it's awfully thick, particularly on my b'fast. I might have to get nat yog as well for that coz it makes it very 'gloopy' ... unless you know a way of thinning it down a bit?

Once its been open overnight, it produces a runny liquid, I mix this with a chunk of the thicker stuff and its a juicier consistency. I used to pour this bit out!!

Yeah I've been doing that - still dead thick on the granola tho'. Lovely for deserts! Haven't used it for sauces yet. xx

Friday 26th June

Breakie - 35g granola with blueberries & 0% greek yog.

Lunch - Maintenance bar

Tea - Lamb shank done in slow cooker (yum) cooked a few carrots & gr beans with it and had brocolli separately.

0% greek yoghurt with no sugar jelly crystals.

4am - Low fat cream cheese & smoked salmon salad wholemeal wrap & 2 apricots.

Drinks, water & black coffee.

Sat 27th June

Breakie - had a change today, I got some Fine Wholegrain Oats in Lidl yesterday. So I had 30g of them with blueberries and skimmed milk. They were nice but I don't think they'd have kept me going the same as the granola if I hadn't been in bed today. I'd have 50g next time. They're an awful lot cheaper than the granola tho' - The granola is £3.09 for 500g - the oats were 39p for the same amount! LOL ;)

Bed all day.

Tea - Again from Lidl - "Ocean Trader Gourmet Fillet a la Bordelaise" A frozen 400g fillet of Pollock topped with a savoury mix of herbs & spices. It's 137cals /100g - I had about 1/3rd of it so at the very most 150g - It was gorgeous!! Had it with a small (2oz) piece of a baked sweet potato and brocolli.

0% greek yoghurt with no sugar jelly crystals

Taking a wholemeal wrap with avacado salad to work and 2 apricots (also from lidl - ripe and lovely!!)

Tiny weeny piece of thornton's toffee

Last edited:
I need to go to Aldi and Lidl a little more often, just a little out of the way for me, but they have some lovely foods and much cheaper than the larger supermarkets.

Yes - I like both of them and we're lucky to have both fairly close, Lidl closer than Aldi.

The fish you had sounded ..... erm .... interesting ;) Mary ..... what was it like?? xx

Its just like smoked haddock Jan, tesco do river cobbler in smoked and unsmoked, its about half the price of haddock and cod, its lovely. I think Asda sell it too.

Ooooo might try that - I've never been a 'fishy' person but I now find myself not wanting to eat red meat and there's only so much you can to with chicken & turkey ;). So I'm going to try everything now! xx

I haven't eaten much red meat either since after TFR, trying to avoid the higher cholestrol foods. Loving chicken and fish though. Tesco have some really good deals, I even had a few packs of fresh kippers today at the fish counter, reduced to 49p for 2 kippers, good size too and really good for you.

My memory of kippers is gazzillions of bones .... couldn't be doing with that - are they still the same? x

So what does that mean? Soft ones? You don't eat them do you??

Back