JanD's Maintenance Journal. The 1st 6 weeks.

Thurs 2nd July

Breakie - wholegrain oats with blueberries & skimmed milk

Bed all day.

Tea - fresh tuna salad with balsamic, 2 TINY apricots.

Work - Smoked salmon & lf cream cheese salad wholemeal wrap & a pear.

Piece of thornton's toffee

Drinks - Water & black coffee xx

Last edited:
Friday 3rd July

Breakie - 2 Oatibix with raspberries & skimmed milk

Bed all day

Tea - Turkey breast fillet slow cooked with onions, mushrooms & potatoes in stock & thickened with gravy granules.
Ff fromage frais with a nectarine.

2 tuc crackers with a teaspoonful of cheese & onion sandwich filler on each.

Work - avacado salad wholemeal wrap & a pear.

Drinks - water & black coffee.

I had a few 'cravings', they started in the early hours of this morning (at work) and were still there when I got up this afternoon - I don't understand why and they weren't for anything in particular. It wasn't thirst. I wasn't hungry I just wanted something. I found it a little unsettling as I haven't felt that for 19? weeks or so. I had my tea earlier than usual to try to beat them but that didn't work so that's why I had the tuc crackers. I'm still feeling a bit of a 'nag' I have no idea why - and I don't like it! I'm a bit worried because I have to get up early in the day tomorrow to go to a(nother!) grandson's birthday party and I don't feel as strong as I did going to the other one last week. I'll also be sleep-deprived, which won't help.
Ah well ... all these things have to be faced sooner or later I suppose :eek: xx

PS. Still feeling that 'nag' I had a fruit shortcake biscuit - still at work which is why I couldn't choose a healthier option. I then had a (very unofficial) doze for an hour and I feel fine now - 'nag' seems to have gone ...... go figure!!

Last edited:
Glad the nag has gone Jan, can be quite unsettling in the first few weeks of maintenance. I now find when I have a nag, I eat a ryvita or something similar, but I seem to have cracked it now by making sure I am full after my meals, because previously I was thinking I was full up, but I wasn't.

Good luck for the party today - be strong hun.

Thanks Mary!

Sat 4th July.

Strange day!

Breakie - wholegrain oats with raspberries & skimmed milk

Got up at 12.15, had a nectarine before I went to the party.
At the party .... deep breath .... 5 chicken nuggets, 3 dessertspoons of a chicken cous cous mixture thingy, slice of pizza, 2 dry roast peanuts, half an Asda chocolate cup cake (which was GORGEOUS!), a MINUTE piece of birthday cake and 1 & a half small glasses of dry white wine.

Since coming home I'm on my 4th glass of wine - I'm becoming a bit worried I could easily go back to the way I was pre LT re alcohol :( - I haven't had anything to eat yet ... I feel as though I'm scared to! I know that's pathetic. I didn't have what I cooked for DH & 2 grandkids because I used a jar of bolognese sauce and didn't know if I should have that after all I had at the party. So up to now (9.30pm) I've had nothing. I'm wondering whether it'd be better to do without & therefore maybe make up a little for the damage I've done today or have a wrap or something to soak up some alcohol!

I'm disappointed in myself that I feel so insecure and scared and don't really know how to cope. :(

Then again .... this is only my 5th week of eating after 15 weeks TFR so perhaps I shouldn't be so hard on myself :eek:

Will edit later as to what I have to eat. xx

10.45pm - Have had more wine (will probably finish the bottle :eek:) and a wholemeal wrap with lf cream cheese, ham and salad leaves. :( x

(Finished the bottle :()

Last edited:
Hi Jan, hope you are feeling better today . You had a rough day yesterday , it happens to us all at some stage . Dont beat yourself up too much . I agree with Mary ,you need to eat more at your meals and what happened yesterday is that the nuggets ,pizza , bun,cake you had at lunch are all foods that turn in to sugar (My nemesis) very fast in the body which left you with a sugar crash (Wine didnt help either!!!) This is why you felt so down . You would have beeen better toeat some good protein when you came home to settle your tum .

Anyway its only a blip girl so slap your bum and get straight back on the wagon . :grouphugg:

I consider myself slapped thank you Lol :)

I 'sneaked' on the scales this morning and it doesn't look as though I've done too much damage.

I'm annoyed I don't seem to be able to just enjoy a glass or two of wine. It's all or nothing. I really hoped this journey would change that but I'm not sure it has.

At the same time I'm sure it's going to take some time to get into any sort of stride and be comfortable, knowing my limits and what to avoid etc.

Don't know what I'd do without this board tho' :eek: xx

Sunday 5th July

Breakie - granola with raspberries & ff fromage frais

Lunch - ham, lf cream cheese & salad leaves wrap

Snack - nectarine

Picked - tiny bit of icing, 2 chicken pops (had to make sure thay weren't too hot for the boys & wasn't sure after 1 ;) - don't know how they managed when I was TFRing - Lol!) BTW - licked spoon after serving baked beans - eeeeeuuuuuuwwww!! It was sooooooo sweet! YUCK!!!

Tea - Chicken breast with salad & potato salad.

Drinks - Water - only about 500mls up to now!! Will rectify before day's over! Black coffee and 4 vodkas with lime & soda. xx

Last edited:
Jan I know how you feel after the party, but try not to put too much pressure on yourself to eat everything healthy, not drink alcohol etc etc, we are human hun and as humans we like non healthy snacks, but the old motto ' all in moderation ' is a good one, but if you do over-indulge, dont cut down the next few days, just ensure you eat 3 healthy meals a day and I am sure any small gains will soon shift. Thats what I have been doing since maintaining and its certainly working. I dont stop myself from eating or drinking anything that I want to, but I stop non healthy snacks for the next few days.

Thanks Mary .... it's the 'moderation' thing that worries me! I don't seem to have 'moderation' where wine is concerned .... Vodka I can just have a couple or 3 ;) - well it's still early days I know. Still finding my feet so to speak - but thanks again. Nice to have somewhere to come and 'share' ;) xx

A whole bottle of wine isn't that bad, you could be on worse things and its not every night of the week. I have to admit, I changed back to vodka, as wine makes me so drunk and I was easily on 1 and a half bottles, I am not very good with moderation myself, thats why my trick of healthy eating for a few days later seems to be working. I binge on the wine.........hehe.

I know Mary - us old winos hey? HeHe ;)

Lost 0.6lbs anyway so not bad.

I'm off on a course till wed night but will prob get wifi in hotel so might see yas all later xx

hi jan hope you are doing ok, I can sympathise as I put on kered thread having a drink made me feel chilled and less stressed, problem is I always want to eat as well. We had to follow the rules on TFR so I feel for me I have to set rules now. I am strict Mon-fri but more relaxed at the weekend. I think we are adjusting when we are trying to maintain, thing is if we fall off the wagon, the next day we should just carry on as before. good luck xx we are here for you.

Well done on the loss Jan, there you go, all your worrying for nothing chick.
You are spot on Joy, rules need to be set for this phase of our healthy eating lives and its finding what works and what doesn't work for each of us. I work 4 shifts and I am extremely good, then I relax a bit on my 4 off, this seems to work for me.

Hi Jan . Congrats on the loss . How are things since. Back on my "no Sugar" regimne (cant spell for nuts!!!!) . Think it will take a while to get in to a routine but hanging in there. :sigh:

Hi Guys and thanks for the kind words and support. I'm back from my course and will post diaries tomorrow - too tired now after long day and long drive! Didn't take wifi in hotel as I thought £13 a day was just plain silly!!! xx

Too Right :eek: Robbers.

SO!!!

Monday - 6th July
Breakie - granola, raspberries & ff fromage frais
Lunch - ham & lf cream cheese salad wrap
snack - banana
Tea - Restaurant meal. "il Bertorelli" in Old Amersham. I had "Salad Romagnola" .... grilled artichoke, torn roast chicken, cos & rocket salad with crumbled goats cheese & red pepper dressing served on a sardinian crisp bread ... which was just like a poppadom, didn't like it much so only had a couple of bites. The meal was really nice though.
Glass of Pinot Grigio.

Back at hotel some vodka & coke zero, also drank water & black coffee in day.

Tues 7th July
Breakie - Maintenance bar
snack - baby bel light
Lunch - ham & lf cream cheese salad wrap & a satsuma
Tea - small tin heinz vegetable ravioli, raspberries & vanilla yoghurt

Drinks - Water, black coffee, vodka & coke zero.

Wed 8th July.
Snack - cheese string
Lunch - Tuna salad, pear.
snack - cheese string
Tea - M&S salmon with potato salad, watercress & cucumber
snack - baby bel light

Drinks, water, black coffee, vodka & coke zero

Then - just before bed, sneaked 2 chocolate T cakes and a Mars mini roll :eek: ..... ah well, I'm not actually trying to lose any more so that should be okay.

Thurs 9th July
Lunch - 2 sm slices wholemeal toast with lf cream cheese.
Tea - Turkey thigh pieces done in slow cooker with tin tomatoes, onion, mushrooms & cinnamon. Asparagus, broccoli & cauli. 2 plums & ff from frais

Work - lf cream cheese & pork loin salad wrap and a pear. Fox's cookie bar.

Drinks - water & black coffee.

Last edited:
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have i been missed?!!!! lol

Have i missed anything new around here? I have noticed the maintanence forum :)

How are you doing? xxx

OOOOOOO HIYA!!!!!! Love the photo! Did you have a sooper dooper time???!!! Yes you've deffo been missed!
Not too much has changed except for the introduction of the maintenance forum. I haven't been on for a few days myself tho with being away so I might have missed something too! xx

Oooh where have you been swanning off to?!!! x

Back