JanD's Maintenance Journal. The 1st 6 weeks.

Tuesday 21st July.

Breakie - 2 oatibix with skimmed milk & splenda

snack - 32.5g bag of Food Doctor seed mix (In three lots throughout the day)

Lunch - Wholemeal wrap with sm tin of sainsbury's be good to yourself tuna, mayo & sweetcorn and tomato.

Tea - Baked salmon & stir fried veg.

snack - 3 oat cakes, goat's cheese, lf pate, lf cream cheese.

Tesco reduced fat biscuit & raisin bar (90 cals)

Drinks, water (not enough) & black coffee. (editing to add in some wine :eek:)

Last edited:
Well done on your loss Jan, but like you say, maybe it would have been mentally better for you to have had a small gain, but you have been good since your little bingies - consider this your kick up the butt for those.

Anyway, great advice given to you and I do agree with the bread and jam. Once you get that sugar fix, it does tend to have the affect of making you crave more, your little packet of seeds are much better for you.

Having said that, I bought a bag of brazil nuts, sultanas, cashews, all unsalted in the healthy dept of Morrisons a few months ago, they were going well until I needed a nut fix........needless to say, I have not bought any more since.

Probably the sugar in the sultanas.....I love being a broken record!!!!!!!!!!. Dried fruit is very high in sugar :wave_cry:

Probably the sugar in the sultanas.....I love being a broken record!!!!!!!!!!. Dried fruit is very high in sugar :wave_cry:

I just dont buy anything now that will make me crave more - it seems to work (most of the time) until I munch my way through my DH's Fathers Day choccies ;)

I totally agree with the sugar thing ...... I'd just like to know why sometimes you 'have to have' the first one!!!
I've been fine since saturday ...... go figure!! :eek: xx

Wednesday 22nd July

Breakie - 2 oatibix, raspberries & skimmed milk.

Been out all day so perhaps not as good as I could have been .....

Lunch - Baked potato with tuna mayo & salad

snack - 1/3 of piece of caramel shortbread :eek:

Tea - African restaurant .... a stewie type thing (can't remember what it was called) Lamb, onions, carrots, mushrooms in rich gravy (far too nice to be low in fat ;)) served with boiled rice.

Drinks - cider (South African v v strong! HICC! :eek:), water & black coffee.

south african cider ... mmm!

I used to glug pints of cider an black on nights out before my LT days now i wont touch it - infact i havnt had anything other than vodka and diet coke i dont think :) go me! lol far too many calories in cider right? its just as bad as a pint aint it? or am i wrong? x

Yeah - same as beer. xx

Thurs 23rd July

Breakie - Raspberries, fromage frais and a handful of fine oats.

Lunch - Wholemeal wrap with lf cr cheese, ham and salad.

Snack - nectarine

Tea - Swiss meatballs in sauce made from onions, mushrooms & passata with new pots.

Drinks - wine, water & black coffee xx

Edited to add ...... drank FAR too much wine which then resulted in .... a small tub of full fat ambrosia custard, a cheese string and a tesco biscuit & raisin bar. I've been beating myself up for this all day but when I think about it it's a hell of a lot less than a binge would have been a few months ago! Not happy about the wine though :eek: xx

Last edited:
Friday 24th July

Breakie - 50g Jordan's muesli & skimmed milk

Lunch - Wholemeal wrap with lf cream cheese, ham from a hock & salad.

Tea - A tesco frozen chicken breast with garlic & herb crust, half a baked sweet potato and half a tin of ratatouille.

Ff fromage frais with raspberries & blueberries.

Work - Wholemeal wrap with lf cream cheese, ham & salad. Pear.

Handful of Milo crunchie chocolatie things.

Drinks - water, black coffee.

Last edited:
Saturday 26th July

Breakie(s) - Sm slc wholemeal toast with lf cr cheese at Mum's & 3 oatcakes, 2 with lf pate and 1 with goat's cheese at home.

Bed all day

Tea - Diet Chef chilli pouch and 10 chippie chips. Very end of crispy batter off DH's chippie fish.

Total 0% greek yoghurt with a nectarine.

Work (longer shift tonight - started 3 hrs earlier) Cheese & tomato topping off half a slice of pizza. QS green triangle :eek:

Wholemeal wrap with lf cr cheese, ham & salad & a pear.

Drinks. Water & black coffee.

Okay well .. lost it big time this morning. Started before I left work, continued at my mother's and went on when I got home. I doubt if I could remember everything if I tried but it involved biscuits, cake bars, and lots of toast.

I think I need to leave work!! LOL! Or at least find something to do that keeps me more occupied and where there isn't anything edible available!! Well as that isn't an option I'd be better trying to understand why I do it! It's not hunger, that's for sure. I know Mich you'll tell me it's sugar - what I don't understand is why I have the first thing I have. I can understand why, having had one I would want more but why start??
I'm not convinced it is sugar with me tbh because - given a free choice I'd rather have toast and butter or cheese spread or something. I think I have the sugar (biscuits, cakes or whatever) because they're more readily available and seem like the easier option. Okay then I want something else but again I'd go for bread or maybe crisps (oh yeah - there were pringles in there somewhere this morning too, LOL)

Anyway, I've decided to try to cut down on the carbs a bit for a few days - just seems like the right thing to do when I'm feeling this bloated. I KNOW my wi when I get up tomorrow won't be good news but as I'm nearly 4lbs under goal it shouldn't be TOO bad either.

I think I'm also going to start a new maintenance thread tomorrow. The next 6 weeks as it were.

Anyway - for tea tonight I had a chicken breast baked with lemon & tarragon, a roasted courgette (out of the garden!) and salad, and a nectarine.
I've brought to work a salad with a slice of ham, a slice of turkey, a cheese string and 2 cornichons, Ff fromage frais with raspberries & blueberries and a pear.

I'll probably be fine foodwise while I'm not at work but I'm only off Mon & Tues and I'll probably have a drink ..... can't wait to find my happy medium with everything :eek: xx

Oh Jan, what are we going to do with you. I think you should request to your Mum that she just starves herself because if she has no food in the house you cant binge !!

Seriously though, it can be upsetting when we binge on ridiculous things, especially when we aren't even hungry and its ok to say you are 4lb under goal, but if you were at goal and this was happening regularly, you would soon be 4lb above goal.

Consider this your ass whopping girlie. Hopefully you can find your trigger as to why this is happening.

Have you tried waiting for ten minutes when you are snacking and ask yourself after the 10 minutes if you do indeed really want it?

Fingers crossed for you and I think to cut down on the carbs for a few days is the most sensible approach.

Having said that though Jan, its similar to what I do, but I might not have maybe eaten as much as what you did (dont know since you didnt say what you ate lol).

Good luck for your wi today.

It was LOTS Mary! Not as much as it would have been at one time but still TOO much :eek:

I deserve the whooping :eek: .... thank yooooo ...

And I hear what you say about the 4lbs thing - but it IS what the leaway is for - as long as I don't go over 10st 7lbs I'll be (relatively) happy. Serious bud nipping going on!! :) xx

HI Jan , sorry didnt see your post last night . I wonder if it has something to do with the timing of your meals. When you come off work in the morning seems to be a flash point for you especially at your mothers house . At that stage you areprobably so tired you dont even see really that you are picking. I think you would be better to have a good breakfast at that time (scrambled egg and a good wholegrain cerial ) with protein to (a) fill you upand (B) stop you eating mindlessly . Arrange to have the stuff there at your mums. I know it might seem like a lot of hassle as you are usually knackered but it might stop the picking.Just an idea !!!!!!!!

Thanks Mary - I was relieved too! :)

Mich - that's a thought about eating at Mum's. I'll have a think about it ... I'm not sure I wouldn't still want something when I got home .... and I'm not sure about having such a lot just before going to bed .... but then I've been having 'a lot' anyway haven't I?? :eek: Oh bother!! Thank you for the suggestion though - I appreciate it and I will give it some thought.

Having a nice day with grandchildren. Looking after 2 for 2 days a week during the hols and DIL has just left with another 2. The 4 of them had a 'picnic' on the dining room floor .... well I'd packed one but it was raining :). The little one -Ted 13 months - took a few steps which was lovely and I actually managed to catch on video! Will see the 5th tomorrow so the 3 can play together. Have to take these 2 for their swimming lessons later and visiting other family on the way there - I should lose weight this week ;) xx

Sounds jam packed jan - have fun :)

Who is a busy Grandma then! Aww that must have been lovely to see Ted taking his first steps today, and even better to have caught it on camera.

Have fun swimming.

It HAS been a lovely day - if a tad tiring ... I wasn't swimming though - just supervising changing and showering of 5 & 8 year old who have swimming lessons half an hour apart!

(Feel I've earned the vodka tonight though ;))

Back