JanD's New Year, New Start, Maintenance Diary

Yeah! Okay!! Now you only have to persuade John ;) xx

Friday 7th January

Breakie - None - slept in late, starting work tonight.

Lunch - Tin Be Good to Yourself tomato & 3 bean soup - 6pp & 2 pieces of milk roll toasted - 2pp

Banana
pear
tiny little clementine

Tea - 100g steak -3pp fried in frylight - 1pp with roasted butternut squash, onion & mushroom & half a sweet potato 2pp

2 ww yogs (they're out of date) 2pp

Work - Wholemeal wrap 4pp with asda el mayo, ham 2pp & salad.
Fruit (sliced pineapple, melon & mango)
Cadbury's brunch break 3pp

Coupla chunks of chicken in Mum's - 2pp?

Alpen light bar 2pp

Total 29pp
33 lushies left

Last edited:
Looking good so far :D xx

All those lushies and a weekend to look forward to:D

Dunno bout the Maldives Bev but fingers crossed, you never know ;)

No weekend for me Sandra .. OH actually I lie! I should be doing fri, sat & sun nights but I'm actually off on sunday so I WILL have a sunday evening ;) xx

Sunday evening in prep for dancing on ice!! Do you watch it Jan?xx

Ooooo yes great!!! I'm a sucker for all these types of shows. There's a few things 'coming soon' that I like. The VERY best ever being Brothers & Sisters but this series is only 18 episodes and is probably the last series ... noooooooo!! :( will have to make the most of it! The Good Wife started last night and I forget what others. But they make up for the 'loss' of Strictly, X factor and I'm a celeb. How sad am I??!!

Gotta go do some ironing ... boooooo :eek: xx

Ironing done and been to Asda ... sweet & sour ww sauce is £1. Frozen ww meals are 5 for £5 for the ordinary ones and 4 for £5 for the 'special' ones. They are the old ones but I took a chance and got a few ... fyi converting to pps they are all less than double the old ones as a rough guide.
Beef Hotpot is 6pp (3.5)
Ocean Pie is 5pp (3.5)
Beef Lasagne is 7pp (4.5)
Shepherds pie is 6pp (4)

I got some cadbury's brunch bars on offer at £1 for pk of 6. Sunflower seeds, hazelnuts & raisins ones are 3pp.

I've seen on a thread somewhere on the ww forum somebody saying that Asda Extra Light Mayo is 0pp for either 3 or 4 tblsps. It isn't! 1 tblsp is 0pp but 2, 3 or 4 tblsps work out to 1pp. I got some coz i couldn't get any laughing cow extra lights (0pp for 1!! 1pp for 2) and I wanted something to spread on my wrap for work. It's okay but not as nice as extra light salad cream, but that's 1pp for 15g.

Sorry ... rambling a bit :eek: xx

Ramble away Jan.
Am off to asda on monday so will check out the ww deals. I'm sure there is bound to be a few on at the mo. Like the idea of the meals though and 5 for a fiver is a bargain, that'd be my meals for the week sorted and on a budge! :giggle: Im such a cheapo!!!!! :p

Got to admit, i buy the asda elf mayo but i dont like it much so always end up adding a bit of pepper to it just to make it a bit less blurgh.

Good find with the laughing cow ex light too :D xxx

Ta - they used to have them in tescos - tbh I didn't like them much but I thought as a bit of moisture on a wrap they might be ok.

There's loads of varieties in the meals & you'd only need to get a bit of veg to bulk them out ... bargain! :) xx

And of course, veg is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :D

M&S had all their Count on us on special offer yesterday, two for the price of three so I bought six. All about 400 cals or under per meal and quite a good portion, I haven't worked out how many pp's they are yet.

I wish that we had Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury's, we're getting Waitrose in March which will be a start.....our supermarkets are rubbish!

LOL!! Oh that did make me laugh!! 2 for the price of 3 eh?? :8855::8855: ;) xx

What there are no main supermarkets on jersey?!!!!! :eek:

The Co-Op and Morrisons/safeway and, of course, good old M&S. It costs a fortune to live here.......the average price of a 3 bedroomed house has just been published as £475,000 down from £495,000 ....

I usually buy the Hellmans Extra Lite Mayo, I love that one, but not as nice as the full fat one.

I bet you are getting excited about Oz now Jan.

Still think it's scarey :eek: .. dunno why really. :D
I love ff hellmans too! xx

OH I do too Jan, mixed with lots of Tuna and Sweetcorn.

Hey, actually drooling over something healthy here :D well with the exception of the FF Hellmans.

Have you tried a brand called Maille? I swear I can eat it with a spoon, it's delicious with chips! They do wonderful grainy mustard too.....

Back