January TS buddies

Something else I wanted to ask - my other half is doing mostly TS but having some protein as well (boiled eggs, biltong etc). He weighed himself today and he's only lost 1kg, he's pretty miserable about it.

Anyone know why he'd have lost so little in his first week?

Hi everyone, Lots of good vibes bounding around on here. Glad everyone is having a good day. Positivity is uplifting isn't it, My first weigh in tomorrow, must say the week has flown by. Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow x

Cherryhead, it may be that the biltong is causing some fluid retention as I think there may be quite a lot of salt in it. A lot of the 1st weeks loss is water. Not sure if eggs are good, fairly high in calories compared to the 600 calories allowed on TS. Is the calorie limit the same for men?

Cherryhead, it may be that the biltong is causing some fluid retention as I think there may be quite a lot of salt in it. A lot of the 1st weeks loss is water. Not sure if eggs are good, fairly high in calories compared to the 600 calories allowed on TS. Is the calorie limit the same for men?

Yes unfortunatly it is.

Cherryhead..... step AWAY from the vodka...!!! :)

First weigh in & lost 8lb. Very pleased as that moves me into the 14s. Have to go to work now so will catch up with everyone later. Hope you all have a good day & anyone weighing in has good losses x

Brilliant first weeks weight loss Susie, well done you xx

Well done Susie, great loss.

Day off for me today dog walk completed, just "enjoying" a strawberry shake whicha re my least favourite. Bearable, but not one that I would knowingly re-order.

No headache, feel a bit hungry but have walked 2 1/2 miles before having my first shake.

Onwards and downwards hopefully!

Well I survived without the vodka!

I remembered about OH, he weighed himself on his 3rd day, and had been in ketosis for over 24hrs, so maybe he'd already lost some of the water weight? We've had a look at the calories (and fat content!) of boiled eggs and peperami (which he admitted to eating as well) and hopefully he'll exercise a bit more willpower this week...

Fantastic, well done Cherryhead. Peperami would be high in fat so that was probably why your OH didn't lose as much as he hoped.

Brilliant losses so far well done everyone x

Hi everyone I started On Monday with bumper pack shakes and bars , I'm on day 6 today feel great but I have a very dry mouth can anyone recommend anything ??

I have around 6 stone to loose to get to a 10 stone target can't wait to get there so for end of jan 1 st off would be lovely.

I've just ordered some food packs do you like them ???

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah, welcome aboard and well done for getting to day 6, the hardest bit is over for you xx

I too struggle with a dry mouth and water just doesn't seem to help. I've now got the drink flavourings and the flavoured coffees and they really seem to make a difference so maybe try those?

Hope you have a great 1st weigh in xx

I'm on day 5 and although day 3 was super tough I think I'm through that barrier now and well on my way. I too have about 5/6 stone to shift x

Susie well done on your loss, that's brilliant :D

Hi Sarah, I've been adding the tesco high juice cordial to my water and that's helped with the dry mouth and because of it I'm also drinking more water, hurray.

Feeling a bit grumpy today, I think I'm finding it hard cos the weekend for me is usually about eating nice food and having a few drinks :sigh: Haven't lost my resolve just feeling a bit Meh! Roll on Monday, never thought I'd say that ha Anyone got any good tips for getting through the weekend without feeling so deprived??

I've just been for a haircut, that was my treat this week but I'm not sure what I'll do next weekend, if anything!

How about a pedicure?

My treat this week was a new hand cream as my hands are cracked and dry at the minute. I think lots of this diet is about learning to take better care of yourself and pay off that is learning to treat yourself without it being food related.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah maybe it's a good excuse to buy a little something with the money saved from wine and takeaways ;-)

Sent from my C6833 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Feeling a bit grumpy today, I think I'm finding it hard cos the weekend for me is usually about eating nice food and having a few drinks :sigh: Haven't lost my resolve just feeling a bit Meh! Roll on Monday, never thought I'd say that ha Anyone got any good tips for getting through the weekend without feeling so deprived??

That's me too, I used to have weekend off on my last diet so last night was really hard. No real tips yet just focus on the reason you want to loss weight.

Back