January TS buddies

Hi guys, sorry I've not been around. I've been a bit fed up with talking about the diet. I've been strictly on plan though.

Glad making the shakes up early has been working for people. I know you're not meant to leave them too long before having them, but it's never done me any harm. I tend to blend a couple of ice cubes in as well to keep them cold in my bag.

I'm having a weird week. My overall loss for January was 2 stone, which I am really pleased with. But this week I've lost nothing at all. My final WI isn't until Thursday but the scales are just not moving this week at all. Any ideas? It's not my period, I'm not eating or drinking anything different. I've been sticking to plan really religiously and drinking 2-3 lts of water.

Wow .... 2st .... That's totally amazing! Well done.
Let us know how you get on with your WI Thursday. I know it can be disheartening when those scales won't budge but I'm sure it will move again very soon. You're doing amazingly and a great inspiration to me and I'm sure many others. Hang on in there ?xx

Brilliant loss Hendricks, well done for staying on track - if this is your first week of not losing then I wouldn't worry about it, it may be just a water fluctuation or anything - also you may still get a loss on Thursday.

Thanks for being so nice to me guys, when I know I'm whinging about nothing.

My weigh in this morning was exactly the same as last week. This is the first week that I've lost nothing at all; although in week 3 I did only lose 2lbs. I've lost inches though and I feel like I am taking up less space than I used to, so it's all good really. I hope the scales start moving again next week.

You quite often find that you lose inches on the weeks that you don't lose weight - I'd rather lose inches than weight if I had to choose, it's the inch loss that you and others see. It's lovely taking up less space :D

Hi. Its all a bit quiet this week. How's everyone doing? I soooooo fancied a take-away tonight but I'm not giving in. I would only feel very disappointed with myself afterwards. Instead I am looking forward to lunch with a friend on Sunday. As much as I would love a sunday lunch I will opt for steak and salad. It will be worth it (I keep telling myself).
Hope you all have a lovely weekend planned :)

Ooh Roxi, what you're having would always be my meal of choice, much rather have that than a roast. So glad you're not giving in to a takeaway :)

Hi ladies,

I started the first week in January but I've been missing in action for over a week now.

Started food week (week 4) but totally lost the plot and ate and ate and ate for 10 days solid!! Well, weighed in on Thursday and put on 3lb....

I'm gutted :( I'm so determined to do this as I know how good it works. I lost 1st 2lbs in 2 weeks so I've got to get back to it.....

I'm starting again tmrw. I love the support from everyone on here and it's so motivating to see how everyone else is getting on :) x

Hi

I started on January 8th...I've only just found this site, so I hope it's not too late for me to join. So far I've lost 1stone 3lbs. I want to lose another 2- 2.5 stone, so still a way to go. I'm loving exante so far.

I did add a meal week last week. I was going to skip it but my time if the month was a week late. I'm usually really regular, so I figured the diet was messing me up and hoped the increase in calories would help. Couldn't face food, so I added milk...in the form of lattes. Mmm. The problem is I lost the same as I've been losing in other weeks, so now my brain's telling me it's ok to have a latte everyday. But I haven't cheated so far so I'm determined to stick at it.

I think I've probably found you all at the right time...otherwise starbucks could have been my downfall! Hope everyone's having a good weekend x

Last edited:
Oh mishelly, I've been the same - managed to steer clear of McDonald's last Sunday but I had a terrible day at work on Monday, and I had beer and hula hoops for tea :eek:( I wasn't too bad for a couple of days, then since Thursday I've just been eating junk... I lost 0.3kg on WI so at least I didn't put on, back on it tomorrow though!

I've started doing some exercise as well (I'm doing a sponsored walk this month, then a sponsored swim in March), I'm hoping that'll help speed up the weight loss and keep me motivated.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend, xx

Don't be disheartened Mishelly, a 3lb gain will be gone in no time, you know you can do the diet so just give it another good go.

Oh mishelly, I've been the same - managed to steer clear of McDonald's last Sunday but I had a terrible day at work on Monday, and I had beer and hula hoops for tea :eek:( I wasn't too bad for a couple of days, then since Thursday I've just been eating junk... I lost 0.3kg on WI so at least I didn't put on, back on it tomorrow though! I've started doing some exercise as well (I'm doing a sponsored walk this month, then a sponsored swim in March), I'm hoping that'll help speed up the weight loss and keep me motivated. Hope everyone's having a good weekend, xx

Oh dear Cherry:(
I suppose we all have a blips and slips but fundamentally it's knowing that we've got to do it! And by the sounds of it, you're on the right track with your exercise as well. It's learning to draw a line under it and move forward....
So here's to tmrw, let's get this done, lol :)

Hi mishelly, Tinky and all the gang.
Had such a good week .... until today!!! :cry:
On the bright side I lost 4.75lb this week. Then went to lunch and stuck to steak and salad which was pretty darn hard as my friend had Sunday lunch that I really really wanted. Came home and lets just say its been a bad day. Need to get back on track tomorrow. I will be off plan next weekend as going to a family wedding and it will be an all weekender so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I do need to do what I can until Saturday though. Normal WI day is now Sunday so will WI Saturday before the merriment begins. Feel a little disappointed with myself but I think it may be the 4 week blues. On a brighter note I've been to the gym 4 times this week and I'm really enjoying it so hopefully I can keep that up. Would love to get to the point where I feel comfortable joining a few classes.
I hope you guys have all had a good weekend and fingers crossed for some good results for you :) xx

Hey Roxi

Don't beat yourself up over yesterday. Sounds like you did pretty good under the circumstances! And with all the gym time your putting in, it's all going in the right direction hun :)

Plan ahead for next week, try and stick to low carb if poss but if not, know that after you can draw a line under it and get straight back on plan!

Your doing fantastic!!! :)

Hi mishelly,
thanks for the encouragement, some days I could really do with it :(
I was planning to try and stick to low carb but the meal is a set menu and there are a couple of other family meals planned over the weekend so I think I will struggle. Especially sitting in front of the bread basket (probably my favourite food!!!). I'm not going to get down about it and just see how it goes. I've kind of accepted that I'm going to be off plan from Saturday morning til Sunday night so we shall see. You know what, if I put anything on I will hopefully lose it by my next weigh in the following Sunday.
Feeling quite good today as some people have actually commented on how well I'm doing. I really can't wait to pick my dress up on Friday for my Niece's wedding as I had to have it taken in and I think it will look much nicer. Especially with the support wear hahahahaha. I'm so determined to stick to this and even if I get to 11 1/2 stone that will be the least I have weighed for many a year.
Good luck everyone. Hope you're all having a good week ;)

Hi roxy

I think it sounds like you've got the right attitude towards it all. At the end of the day we can't all be on exante forever, so I guess if we can learn to plan for 'cheat' days and then get right back on it that's a realistic way of doing it. Hopefully it means that when we come off the diet we'll be able to carry on with that attitude, if that makes sense. Good luck for the meal!

Its so exciting being able to fit into new clothes, and the compliments are pretty great too right? Although I have to say I'm struggling to notice my weightloss in pictures/the mirror as much as ther people seem to be. I guess it'll take a while for my brain to catch up x

How does everyone make up juice, mine is lumpy!!!

Back