Jaqys, defection complete......

:brainfart: <-- what a lovely little person!

The thing though is, Vicky, that the person went straight to "PV only" from "Christmas eating" on Monday so was bound to lose weight. (Heck I'd have lost weight had I cut down from 10 choc bars to 5!). She's not in ketosis yet though and is hungry. Hunger is wrong.

aah right. yes lodger was saying she could lose a stone on the first week of dieting cos they do on biggest loser. i had to point out they had a LOT more to lose before her and would lose by cutting out a pasty from their diets, whereas lodger doesnt eat that bad so will be harder.

All the women on biggest loser are totally apple shaped, they must have been picked as the group that have the biggest initial loss(am just bitter thought that most of them looked bigger than me when I started this but first weigh they were less, am atributing it to their skinny out of proportion legs).

Hungry is not good, I'll pass on that then ;)

I think I could do atkins again with mostly fish and leaner meat with fat from oil/mayo/eggs, am looking/thinking.

I dont want to go off plan, and its not that I feel I will fall off right now, mostly I'm feeling rubbish.

Silly question Jaq - are you taking multi vitamins regularly? Just wondered cos you've been on this diet a while now and you sound a bit low... perhaps you need one of those lamps to brighten your day... two people here have them on.

Oh Jaq :( sounds like you need a weekend of you time babe x

Maybe you have hit that point where a more regular/balanced diet such as WW or SW would be better for you? I have to say that looking to the future I can't see myself at all doing the last two phases - consolidation for me is about 20 days short of a year, if I actually get to that stage I was thinking about maybe switching to WW but that is wwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy in the future for me.

Take care of you Jaq...

Unfortunately Lajlaj, without a proper Conso, it piles back on really fast... I've tested that theory more than once! The very slow reintroduction of fats, sugar and carbs is essential to stand a chance of stabilising the loss.

Big hug Jaqys, sounds like you need a decent rest. I always find January a bit rough (weather very cold out, still dark a lot) so be kind to yourself. I hope you can sort a diet out that suits.

Lajlaj, I love conso - you wouldn't believe how nice it has been having veg (nearly) every day after only having for half the week, that alone seems a real treat but you can also have bread and cheese and fruit and a couple of gala meals (where you eat what you want - reasonable quantities). It does make PP days harder (because you're not in ketosis so you need to eat because you're hungry) but it's worth it. I only gained because of Christmas/New Year (all my own fault) but it really does work - I managed to stay stable until then and Anja has done brilliantly. I don't feel deprived at all on phase III (but am not looking forward to phase IV apart from the fact that we get extra bran) and wouldn't mind continuing as I am doing rather than doing the next (scary) stage.

Thats the thing I think Dukan conso is a very sensible plan and would like to follow it when I get to goal.

I cant do ww it really did send me loopy last time and just reinforced my bad habits, I know its changed but its not changed enough. I dont want dukan to send me the same way, it was getting there before my holiday, skipping meals etc and I've obviously no guarantees that any other diets will help with that. Its down to me to keep an eye on myself.

It'll be a low carb plan, probably atkins or protein power, I need to work on eating more cals and its easier to do that on one of those.

I'll be off plan for a few days, let my stomach sort itself out, get some sleep, get some daylight, do some reasearch, shop and be back on track.

In better news likely to have a slower day at work today.

Hi Jaqys, sorry you sound so low. I was relatively good over Xmas, and have STS after doing Atkins induction for nearly 3 weeks! But I haven't put on (apart from a few of the usual fluctuations). I am enjoying the food and I am enjoying being able to have veggies every day. I think I am enjoying the food because it is nice to have a change, when you still have quite a way to go like I do. I am going to give it until Tuesday I think and see if I have lost - although I feel I might lose a little this week.....

hey hun ....i think a few of us have found getting back on track hard after xmas , prehaps that says a lot about jumping off the diet !!!
Why not try something else then if your not happy come back ...i see more and more are yoyoing between atkins and dukan lately , i think both diets lack something we crave so we span both to make up for it

Morning Jaq - feeling any brighter this morning?

Mouse (and vicky, morning) is transit any better on atkins with the extra veg/fat? I dont remember it being an issue last time, but my tum was ten years younger :D

I dont have a problem half as much as Dukan cos of all the greens etc and especially if you have flax mims/porridge.

I think thats been my main problem this week, feeling like an inflatable beachball, the choice of food etc hasnt been an issue, just the digestion of it.

Back