Lauren's diary - a new year, & a new beginnings!

Struggling today, feel pretty hungry & been daydreaming of chocolate and cream cakes all bloody day! But I've stuck to plan 100%, and refuse to back down.. it's been sunny here today and it reminded me that soon enough it'll be summer, & I want to enjoy it this year and not have to hide away in the house!

Yes, summer is def a motivation, keep up the good work, I am always miserable when summer comes, not this year!!

xxxxxxx

Had a bit of a slip up last night, not my regular binge but did eat more calories than I was meant too... I had a tuna pasta bake for tea with bread & butter, two aero chocolate mousses and a cream cake. Not sure how many calories it came too but it's done with now and I felt like crap for it so no more of that..

I was listening to a jillian michaels podcast, in which she's talking about the benefits of low & high calorie days, and this is what she says..

"Your weekly calorie allowance is set. So lets say for example, you eat 1400 calories a day. So if you're eating 1400 calories a day, you're weekly calorie allowance is 9800. And what that means is that that's your target for the week, how you hit that is up to you... The idea behind this, is when you dramatically reduce your calorie intake, your body goes into a state of famine, and thinks oh my gosh food is scarce, lets slow down our metabolism. Now the high calorie day, that allows you to trick your metabolism, so your body never adjusts and slows your metabolism down. You just gotta make sure you don't exceed your weekly calorie allowance. I kinda perfected it on the biggest loser, so I would keep them low all week long, and then give them one high calorie day."

So I'm considering adapting that method. I've been wearing a fitbit for two days, and it's telling me I burn 2500 calories a day without exercise. And that's the same number that TDEE calculators give too.. so I'm believing that it must be accurate. So if I create a deficit of 1000 calories a day to lose two pounds a week, I can eat 1500 a day..

Over the course of a week that's 10,500 calories. Seen as I'm big on my treats and by a treat I mean something like an entire tub of Ben & Jerry's and not a measley small chocolate bar, I'm gonna stay low all week & have one high calorie day. I won't go crazy on my high calorie day, if anything I'll probably eat good all day but have a nice healthy meal & a tub of ice cream or big chocolate bar.. I'm guessing my calories will change week to week depending on social occasions, like if my OH wanted to go out for food then we'd do that on my high calorie day, and say that day totalled 3000 calories, well I'd just stay to 1250 calories the rest of the week to make sure I stay within my weekly calorie goal.

& seen as last night was a slip up, I'll enter the calories into MFP as best I can, which gives me an estimate of 2215 calories.. I think it's probably a bit higher than that but I can't remember if I ate anything else. So I'll call it 2500 just incase..

So based on that, 10500 minus 2500 means I've got 8000 calories left for the rest of the week, but it's Thursday and I've already stuck to plan Monday & Tuesday, so I've got 1350 calories a day for today and the remainder of the week :)

Weigh in is Monday, and now I'm off to do 30 day shred & sweat some moodiness away! (having a shoddy day).

Had a bit of a slip up last night, not my regular binge but did eat more calories than I was meant too... I had a tuna pasta bake for tea with bread & butter, two aero chocolate mousses and a cream cake. Not sure how many calories it came too but it's done with now and I felt like crap for it so no more of that..

I was listening to a jillian michaels podcast, in which she's talking about the benefits of low & high calorie days, and this is what she says..

"Your weekly calorie allowance is set. So lets say for example, you eat 1400 calories a day. So if you're eating 1400 calories a day, you're weekly calorie allowance is 9800. And what that means is that that's your target for the week, how you hit that is up to you... The idea behind this, is when you dramatically reduce your calorie intake, your body goes into a state of famine, and thinks oh my gosh food is scarce, lets slow down our metabolism. Now the high calorie day, that allows you to trick your metabolism, so your body never adjusts and slows your metabolism down. You just gotta make sure you don't exceed your weekly calorie allowance. I kinda perfected it on the biggest loser, so I would keep them low all week long, and then give them one high calorie day."

So I'm considering adapting that method. I've been wearing a fitbit for two days, and it's telling me I burn 2500 calories a day without exercise. And that's the same number that TDEE calculators give too.. so I'm believing that it must be accurate. So if I create a deficit of 1000 calories a day to lose two pounds a week, I can eat 1500 a day..

Over the course of a week that's 10,500 calories. Seen as I'm big on my treats and by a treat I mean something like an entire tub of Ben & Jerry's and not a measley small chocolate bar, I'm gonna stay low all week & have one high calorie day. I won't go crazy on my high calorie day, if anything I'll probably eat good all day but have a nice healthy meal & a tub of ice cream or big chocolate bar.. I'm guessing my calories will change week to week depending on social occasions, like if my OH wanted to go out for food then we'd do that on my high calorie day, and say that day totalled 3000 calories, well I'd just stay to 1250 calories the rest of the week to make sure I stay within my weekly calorie goal.

& seen as last night was a slip up, I'll enter the calories into MFP as best I can, which gives me an estimate of 2215 calories.. I think it's probably a bit higher than that but I can't remember if I ate anything else. So I'll call it 2500 just incase..

So based on that, 10500 minus 2500 means I've got 8000 calories left for the rest of the week, but it's Thursday and I've already stuck to plan Monday & Tuesday, so I've got 1350 calories a day for today and the remainder of the week :)

Weigh in is Monday, and now I'm off to do 30 day shred & sweat some moodiness away! (having a shoddy day).

Sounds good ... But a work today I went 8 hours without food and I could have killed lol so I I ow I'd be no good at this up day down day lark ... But I know it's very popular at the mo .... I think it could work for you x

Sounds good ... But a work today I went 8 hours without food and I could have killed lol so I I ow I'd be no good at this up day down day lark ... But I know it's very popular at the mo .... I think it could work for you x

I looked at before, but tbh I haven't seen enough good weight loss success stories to be able to convince me to try it.. I've got 90lbs to lose & I don't wanna waste time by messing around with other diets anymore. I've done enough of that the last 12 months :( and I don't think I could eat 500 calories on down days and not wanna rip someone's head off lol. I'm up at 4:45am and don't go to bed till 10 or 11 so I know I won't last that long x

I looked at before, but tbh I haven't seen enough good weight loss success stories to be able to convince me to try it.. I've got 90lbs to lose & I don't wanna waste time by messing around with other diets anymore. I've done enough of that the last 12 months :( and I don't think I could eat 500 calories on down days and not wanna rip someone's head off lol. I'm up at 4:45am and don't go to bed till 10 or 11 so I know I won't last that long x

Yes agreed there's no way I could eat that low :)

Today's food diary -

B -- coffee with 100ml skimmed milk & 1 kingsmill 50/50 pancake with 15g philidelphia Cadbury cream cheese = 154 calories

Morning Snack -- medium banana = 100 calories

L -- quavers and asda mild cheddar stick = 171 calories

D -- asda reduced calorie beef lasagne & 100g tesco light choices oven chips = 508 calories

Evening Snack -- new york cheesecake muller light, two kingsmill 50/50 pancakes & 30g philidelphia Cadbury cream cheese and highlights milk chocolate sachet = 373 calories

Total = 1306 calories
-- 292 calories burned through 30DS but not eaten back
Net total calories = 1014

Hi. I'll subscribe Lauren. I really want to see you succeed. You seem to really want to lose weight and know everything there is to know about every diet but don't seem to be able to stick to anything (not a dig, just an observation. Sorry if it's too direct) and I'm intrigued why not

And as this my umpteenth time on here (ie I don't always succeed at this weight loss malarky) I don't feel too cheeky ;-)

Can I ask about the time before you were really slim? Have you always been slim historically or are you usually bigger but lost weight which you then regained?

You seem a lovely girl and very pretty from your pics. I hope this doesn't upset you. I'd really like to support you honey

Tricia
X

Hi. I'll subscribe Lauren. I really want to see you succeed. You seem to really want to lose weight and know everything there is to know about every diet but don't seem to be able to stick to anything (not a dig, just an observation. Sorry if it's too direct) and I'm intrigued why not

And as this my umpteenth time on here (ie I don't always succeed at this weight loss malarky) I don't feel too cheeky ;-)

Can I ask about the time before you were really slim? Have you always been slim historically or are you usually bigger but lost weight which you then regained?

You seem a lovely girl and very pretty from your pics. I hope this doesn't upset you. I'd really like to support you honey

Tricia
X

Hi Tricia,

I've always been chubby I guess.. I was a big kid cause my parents were overweight and fed me what they ate, then when they cut down I lost weight along with them.. From the age of 17 onwards I always stayed at 11st 7lbs and a size 12, and was happy for a while but then decided I wanted to lose weight and slim down.. that's when I shrunk to 9st 7lbs at 19 years old and a size 8-10.. I stayed that weight and size until I fell pregnant in November 2010 and gained 5 stone during the pregnancy. My son was born July 2011 and I lost a stone automatically through the baby, placenta etc so had 4 stone of fat to shift.. I managed to lose that four stone within four months and by November 2011 was a size 8-10 again & 9st 10lbs.... It was January 2012 that things started going downhill, I'd started a new job and the stress and depression of having to leave my son at 5 months old to come to work full time was difficult, & then I got settled into my job and the job is an environment full of fat people & there's canteens everywhere, vending machines, and people being cakes and sweets in all the time. The temptation was too much so I'd give in all the time, and also would go home and eat utter junk food everyday, probably hitting way over 5000 calories a day... So over the year I gained weight quicky & gained clothes sizes even quicker and now a year on I'm 15st 12lbs and a size 16-18 :(

Finally in the right frame of mind to change my lifestyle & lose this weight once and for all. I don't want my son following my footsteps and being a chunky child. I won't let that happen to him. x x

Sooo proud of you! Had a slip up and got straight back on it! No more 'restarting' and never getting to WI!! Well done!! xx

Thanks for your reply Lauren. It explains a lot.

I've got 2 kids. I put on 1 1/2st with my first and only 1st with my 2nd, I was sick a lot :-(

Both are pretty impressive pregnancy weight gains considering I really did eat for 2 both times. However, I didn't lose a bloody ounce afterwards so basically I'm the same weight as I was at 9 months pregnant and losing it defo gets harder in your 40's

In my opinion/experience, when your body has reached a certain weight, it finds it easier to get back up to that weight and we have to fight/work so much harder to get to the weight we once were

The point I'm trying to make Lauren is try not to focus too much on the time when you were uber slim and concentrate on a smaller more achievable target, say losing 7lb. Don't think beyond that

Forget about swimsuits and holidays. Forget about being a chubby kid. Forget about what you could do at the gym. Forget about November 2011. Focus on now, focus on January 2013 and focus on losing a measly (but actually a bit bloody marvellous) 7lb because I think you're not able to stick to one thing as you're placing too much pressure on yourself and it's making you desperate to find a quick fix

I guarantee a month of sensible eating and you will be 7lb lighter

That's my plan 7lb a time with a month to lose it

Are you with me? :) xx

Thanks for your reply Lauren. It explains a lot.

I've got 2 kids. I put on 1 1/2st with my first and only 1st with my 2nd, I was sick a lot :-(

Both are pretty impressive pregnancy weight gains considering I really did eat for 2 both times. However, I didn't lose a bloody ounce afterwards so basically I'm the same weight as I was at 9 months pregnant and losing it defo gets harder in your 40's

In my opinion/experience, when your body has reached a certain weight, it finds it easier to get back up to that weight and we have to fight/work so much harder to get to the weight we once were

The point I'm trying to make Lauren is try not to focus too much on the time when you were uber slim and concentrate on a smaller more achievable target, say losing 7lb. Don't think beyond that

Forget about swimsuits and holidays. Forget about being a chubby kid. Forget about what you could do at the gym. Forget about November 2011. Focus on now, focus on January 2013 and focus on losing a measly (but actually a bit bloody marvellous) 7lb because I think you're not able to stick to one thing as you're placing too much pressure on yourself and it's making you desperate to find a quick fix

I guarantee a month of sensible eating and you will be 7lb lighter

That's my plan 7lb a time with a month to lose it

Are you with me? :) xx

I'm hoping to lose more than 7lb a month tbh.. I've got 90lbs to lose and it should come off pretty quickly at the beginning and then start slowing down. I'm aiming for a 3lb a week loss so that's 12lbs a month & I'm still in the team to hit a goal by February 1st and my goal is 14lbs. So fingers crossed :) I'm not pressuring myself though don't worry, I've learnt recently to take things one day at a time x x

hi lauren

Its always interesting to hear peoples story and their battle with food.
When i was doing some soul searching trying to figure out demons in my head i realised i was holding onto the past. im no longer the person i was when i was at my thinest im new i have kids and a new reason for lufe. i went through my old clothes and got rid of a load and it really helped. i now just have to work out a stress relief rather than food. Sorry my point is are you wanting to be what you were before or the person you are now but jys in a better place maybe that may help a little.

sarah x

hi lauren

Its always interesting to hear peoples story and their battle with food.
When i was doing some soul searching trying to figure out demons in my head i realised i was holding onto the past. im no longer the person i was when i was at my thinest im new i have kids and a new reason for lufe. i went through my old clothes and got rid of a load and it really helped. i now just have to work out a stress relief rather than food. Sorry my point is are you wanting to be what you were before or the person you are now but jys in a better place maybe that may help a little.

sarah x

Hi Sarah, I definitely wanna be a new person & don't wanna be the person I was before. Like you said I have a new life now and a child & a good job and all the great things in life except I'm overweight and that area of my life is making me unhappy. x x

Really hungry today, having an early dinner at 3 cause I'll be busy this evening and don't wanna end up grabbing something unhealthy while I'm out.. then using my remaining few calories for two kingsmill pancakes and chocolate philly & an aero chocolate mousse when I get home tonight.

I was hoping the hunger & want for junk food would fade after a few days.. maybe it'll take longer? I'm only on day 5 so should quit being impatient really!

Really hungry today, having an early dinner at 3 cause I'll be busy this evening and don't wanna end up grabbing something unhealthy while I'm out.. then using my remaining few calories for two kingsmill pancakes and chocolate philly & an aero chocolate mousse when I get home tonight.

I was hoping the hunger & want for junk food would fade after a few days.. maybe it'll take longer? I'm only on day 5 so should quit being impatient really!

I'm having a hungry couple of days too. I have decided to blame the weather - the drop in temperature is making us peckish!

You are doing the exact right thing by recognising it and then planning your day to minimise any detrimental impact. You are doing so well- Day 5 already - just keep taking each as it comes :) Have a lovely weekend

Back