LL June Starters

Hi AJB,
Yep have been 100% abstinent, for me it's all or nothing!! I'm lucky as i'm a student, live with my housemate who is a veggie and makes all her own meals, so I don't have to cook for anybody else! And I don't buy any food so have nothing to tempt myself with. Haven't been into Sainsburys or Tesco's since I started which has been great! I just eat the packs and know that's it, and I actually find it so much easier as don't have to worry about portion sizes etc.

Most of the others in my group have all lapsed at some point, and that does show in their losses but most of them have children/partners etc. to cook for, so think it must be alot more tempting with more food around.

Thats brilliant Laraa, well done!!!

would you have ever dreamt that on any other weight loss programe?

you could well be on a stone loss in 3 weeks at your next weigh-in so keep it up and congratulations.

Indeed Lind that's the plan! My birthday is 8th December and somehow the work Xmas party always seems to fall on it! Would be great to wear a skinnie minnie dress :)

Feel like I'm properly on my way now - first week weigh in last night and I lost 8lbs! But more importantly I woke up this morning and for the first time in ages I actually felt like I'd had a proper sleep! I usually wake up after a night shift feeling more exhausted that when I went to bed - if the diet has anything to do with it I'm dead chuffed!

Well done everyone with their losses this week - looking forward to lots more fabulous results this week :D

5lbs off this week :)

Well done Preeti!

Thank you Hannah :)

Gud luck girls.

It definately does work. Just stay 100% abstinent and the weight literally falls off. I have just finished 15 weeks and am loving it :)

IWGT, Your losses have been amazing!
It's knowing that there are people out there that know all about the weeks to come and have been successful.
Good luck! !

Thanx Lind. You are doing excellent Luv - keep it up.

I have not so much as licked a spoon since I started. Have stayed 100% abstinent the entire time.

Any time I think about eating I think of the £70 each week I am spending. I want to finish my journey and know I am doing everything in my power to get there. Cheating is only cheating myself and will make me fork out more £70's as I would end up on the plan for even longer - no way am I going to let that happen :8855:

Well done on all your amazing weight losses :)

I've been for my session tonight and now lost just over a stone in 2 weeks.

It's amazing - I have been 100% on the plan also as it wouldnt work for me any other way notice most of the others in group talking about cheating they don't have as much weight to lose as me though so perhaps they are more relaxed about it don't know.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Yay! Preeti! Knew you could do it :D over a stone in 3 weeks - you must be grinning from ear to ear!

Sam, you are so right - £70 a week is a lot of money and like you say the more you faff about the longer you will have to pay out!

I've just finished another horrendous night duty and resisted the usual middle of the night treat (I won't mention what exactly!) being dished out as a "thank you" for our hard work - was difficult watching everyone else eating them but I know it will be worth it in the end :)
Isn't it funny how food is used as a reward?!

Well done on all your amazing weight losses :)

I've been for my session tonight and now lost just over a stone in 2 weeks.

It's amazing - I have been 100% on the plan also as it wouldnt work for me any other way notice most of the others in group talking about cheating they don't have as much weight to lose as me though so perhaps they are more relaxed about it don't know.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

wayda go Pam (or is it Sam - i cant read your sig) a stone a week, even more heavy people I know have not hit that. good stuff.

Yeah I dunno how people think they can cheat. I have not had anything other than the packs and water...I have been massively tempted but like IWGT, I can not justify the £70 longer than I have to. PLus I am stubborn as a mule and I am going to do this properly otherwise I will always be fat and never be happy.

Keep us posted Doves.

Good luck

I've just finished another horrendous night duty and resisted the usual middle of the night treat (I won't mention what exactly!) being dished out as a "thank you" for our hard work - was difficult watching everyone else eating them but I know it will be worth it in the end :)
Isn't it funny how food is used as a reward?!

I know this is bad to say and probably not with the LL ethos... but I still and always will see food and drink as a treat. That is why we go for meals for anniversaries, have cake for birthdays, have a drink of bubbly at a wedding.

HOWEVER

as I have said before, the treat will be more of a treat if it is infrequent and managed. e.g. have the cake at a birthday but the days leading up and before and after I will judge what i have consumed and offset it by eating less or doing more...now I know its been only two months, but I really will do this as I can not fail and need tto succeed.

I will never have a food/drink treat at the end of a hard as I would acctually feel guilty now.

I promise once I have done this initial stage and maintain, I will continue to post to keep myself right and also to remind me of where I came from and why I am doing this. I read over my past posts all the time atm.

As for treats at work, its mad, it is not really a treat its just stupid custom....if it was me I would rather they popped whatever the equivelent value is in my pay packet (to help me pay for LL for another week :p).

FB you are right, we will always see food/drink as a treat because that is how people celebrate.
The only thing we can do is recognise that we can not eat all the cake and we can not use it as a reward.
I like your promise to always keep posting, I can see sense in this and I think I will be doing the same.

But 100% is the only way to be on this, I have not made any "crisps" or anything else with the food packs because to me that also feels like cheating and I know it would put the seed in my head for real food!

Aren't we all doing do well?;):D:)

Aren't we all doing do well?;):D:)

Yes you are doing extremly well and I hope that you and I and everyone who wants to, keep this up.

Hopey your dont get any more sabbateurs this week coming round.

Lind im exactl the same as u - i havent made crisps or anything with my packs as i would feel as if i were cheating too, Im an all or nothing type of girl lol

Back