LL September Starters/Re-starters

Go YOU darling!
It must feel bloody brilliant and make all the hard work worth while!
Well done! :)

Way to go Spangly! Glad those trousers are gone for good it must feel brilliant!

Wow girls - fab thread !!!
Well done you girls.
FAB story about the trousers Spangly - just have to let go !

Wow, well done everybody on your amazing progress! I've had a couple of positive moments this week...went over the 1.5st mark, got my bmi down to less than 30, tried on a size smaller top and it fitted and tried on a 2 sizes smaller jacket and it very nearly fitted - going shopping in Birmingham today with my eldest daughter so I'm going to buy the jacket and wait for it to fit me in a couple of weeks. I'm just so excited by the whole process and I never cease to be amazed at the way my body is changing shape. I am struggling to feel proud of myself though for some reason, I think because one of the biggest influences in my life (and my previous weight) - my mum- has already told me how hard it will be to keep it off. I love my mum dearly but her own obsessions with weight/food have always had an impact on my attitudes and self-control. Any tips on how to overcome this negative attitude I have with myself...I guess in the back of my mind I have the constant feeling I'm going to fail at the end :(

Thank you all for your support - I totally agree with MK that this board is an inspiration!

Pink x x x x x

Oh, Pink, I so sympathise with you re your Mum. My Mum has always had food/diet issues too. She put me on a diet when I was 13 because I got to ten stone (I was almost the height I am now) because "ladies shouldn't be in double figures".

When I became anorexic at 17/18 she kept telling me how lovely I looked (!) and for years after I'd recovered she kept a photo of me at 6.5 stone in her wallet! When I got well again she kept telling me how ugly and fat I was. Great!

Not sure what to say to you except that you have to remember you are doing this for YOU. It doesn't matter what anyone says to you - only you have the power to succeed at this. You can choose not to listen to the naysayers. If you believe you can do it, you WILL do it!!

Would it help to listen to the negative voice, acknowledge it is there, but then tell yourself you will succeed anyway? I find it helps me to acknowledge negative/uncomfortable thoughts and feelings (because I used to always hide them by using food!!)

Just a thought.

For what it's worth though, you're doing brilliantly! (Jealous re the 30 BMI thing - I'm not quite there yet!!) Isn't LL great?!

Hi Ladies,
I've been keeping up to date with you all over the past few days but have kept a low profile this week ... mostly because i have lapsed this week & didn't want to bring the mood down :eek:
Anyway, its over & done with & its been hard to get back on track. I'm not quite back into ketosis yet but at least I lost 0.8 lb this week so don't feel like a complete idiot:rolleyes:.
Well done to you guys who are doing so fantastically - your losses are awesome compared to mine. Hey ho, at least its coming off even if it is a bit slower than most.

To help get re-focussed, I've been on a bit of a shopping spree as lots of my cothes are too big for me now :) I've aatually managed to fit into some stuff I bought last time I was slimmer too! Anyhoo, it was nice to try stuff on that i actually liked rather than because it would hide all the lumps & bumps and "would do":rolleyes: I've aslo re-sorted my wardrobes out -the biggest pile of clothes now is in the "too big for me" section:D

Am back to full positivity now ...bring on the week ;)

yoyo
xx

Welcome back YoYo. I've been wondering where you were!
Look I won't say much to you lapsing. Sh%* happens. It's over and done with and the main thing for you to focus on now is moving on and getting your modjo back.
You know it's there! :)

Hi, yoyo. Good to see you back. Would it be worth thinking up some more goals for yourself? Not sure if it's connected but was just wondering if your lapse this week might be because you've achieved most of your goals?

Xx

Hi Spangly,
I lapsed because I was feeling deprived & sorry for myself ... simple as that :(
Although, i agree i need to add some more goals .... need to have a think about what else to add - watch this space :)
BTW Loved your trousers story:D .... and blimey it must be tough for you to have a good relationship with food based on your past experiences & your mum's attitude to your weight. You are such a strong lady :)
yoyo
xx

welcome back yoyo, glad you came back! Nevermind about the lapse - you still lost weight which is good! Just move on and stay motivated! you're doing excellently well with your weight loss and it must feel great to have sorted out your wardrobe! I am not brave enough to do that yet as i fear i would be disheartened if i couldn't fit into things i used to when i was this weight before - i don't think my body is quick at reflecting the weight loss at all!

Good luck and great to see you back! :)

Well done Spangly, that's fabulous!

I wanted to say thank you for replying to my post the other day too - it really helps to hear kind words and know that I'm not alone. I'm feeling far more positive now anyway - have definitely dropped a full dress size and am hoping to hit the 2 stone mark this week!

Thanks again :D

Pink x

Hi Ladies,

I haven't posted for a while but I have been very busy with work. I only just got home from a 12 hour shift followed by a quick weigh in so tonight is going to be a quick one.

I lost further 4lbs last week which puts me exactly in the middle of my weight loss journey. Wow! I fell kinda emotional and excited at the same time!
Can't believe how qiuckly the time has flown by...

Hope everyone is doing alright.
I will post more soon (once I get a minute to breath lol)
:)

Congratulations Mags! Thats fantastic!

I weighed last night - another 4.4lbs down, taking me to an annoying 0.1lbs off my 2stone! haha. Next week for sure! :)

Well done, Mags - so exciting. No wonder it's an emotional time. Halfway is quite a milestone! Good for you!

Good luck for your weigh-in, Pink. Which day is it? I hope you get to your two stone marker!

Thanks Ladies! It does feel good!
I saw a friend of mine I haven't seen since the summer and she couldn't believe how much weight I'd lost! :D

Well done on the weight loss Kim! :)

Well done Ladies ... brilliant losses :D
yoyo
xx

Can I ask for some help with some "crooked thinking" please? Have been doing really well so far (if I humbly say so myself lol) but this morning have had some really odd moments. It's to do with my boss - I'm really intimidated by him - and asking for things. I have real difficulty asking for things anyway, in any context, because I think people will say no and (worse still) get angry with me for asking. However usually I manage to get past the feelings and ask anyway. The thing is I have asked for something, workwise (travel budget to go to a couple of conferences) but AM REALLY SCARED because I've asked!

This is, surely, ludicrous? I'm a senior member of the management team so am entitled to ask - and in fact if I didn't ask to go to industry events I could be perceived as not caring about my career - but I feel so weeeeeeird. Really exposed and scared he's going to (a) say no and (b) get angry.

Usually I'd go out and buy a food item to take my mind off it, but with LL I have nowhere to hide. Help!!!

(Edited to add later: he said yes!!!)

Last edited:
Back