LL September Starters/Re-starters

Hi ladies ,
Back in the saddle third time lucky. I did LL maybe 5 years ago and lost four stone , finances didn't allow me to do maintenance and sure as eggs are eggs it all came back plus two more stones!!
Then a completely uninspiring and faltering 6 week stint about a year ago and gave up.

So here I am three weeks in and still to get into full abstinence, but I will get there the only person I am cheating or disappointing is myself, however I'm not gonna beat myself with a big stick , I'm already a stone down and this is giving me the incentive to carry on knowing full well that when I'm properly in ketosis it's gonna be sooo much easier.

I have another 6 stones to lose, so little by little I will be my ideal goal weight around March I think. But like all journeys it begins with the first step and this time around with joint pain and such, it's more of a health issue than ever to become fit and an appropriate weight for my height.

So I'll check in here when I'm feeling good or bad, to chin with you lot if that's ok. I want to embrace summer next year not think oh crap it's too hot, sweaty, no clothes to wear, bleh bring on winter.

Bring on the porridge :)

Last edited:
I'm having a crap day today :(
It my day three and I can really feel it. I'm really cold and irritable. To top that I started my TOTM last night so it's not great. I feel like I want to start feeling a bit sorry for myself now but I'm not going to. I got myself into this situation and I will get myself out of it now.
I can't wait for the bars now...
:(
Mags xxx

So sorry to hear you're having a crappy day :(, but we both know this will pass. If you have time maybe go through your clothes? And remember how it felt to wear the stuff you really loved? That's my goal for this afternoon , go through and remind myself (if I even needed to too the mirror tells me enough !)why I am putting myself through this. To look at the things I used to wear and how looking good made me feel good, and that is still within reach.:)

Anna, Well done:D:D What a great loss! mine won't be anywhere near that much - i usually get about 6/7 in the first week .... i tell myself its because I'm a shortarse & don't carry much water/glycogen so I'm burning fat quicker:p stops me feeling bitter & twisted - lol!
Ladybug, glad to have you back .. love your foto - how is your loverly pampered pooch? I remember you telling us how you were feeding him fish from the chippy while you were on your packs;)
Dora, your story sounds just like mine:rolleyes::rolleyes: ..... I've done abstinence properly twice but both times didn't do RTM so gained all my weight. I've faffed about with LL, WW, SW, Tony Ferguson, W8 in the last 12 months but with no success. So am back as a last chance to get this right! Great idea about going throguh your clothes - i did that last weekend & it did inspire me through the tough first couple of days:)
Mags, sorry you are feeling low. Be good to yourself, have a nice hot bath, LL hot choc & another early night - tonmorrow might be the day you feel full of bounce;)

As for me, still going strong depsite another headache kicking in this afternoon:(. WI tomorrow woop woop!

Nutty, let us know how you get on with your wi tonight.
Hows everyone else doing?

yoyo
xx

Had lunch with an old and very good friend today. I mentioned the diet plan and wish I hadn't as he was really shocked and worried. Says he hopes it isn't 'one of those fad starvation diets'. Aargh. He was fine in the end but I wish I'd kept it to myself. What do you all plan to do re telling/not telling friends?

@ Spangly. It's good you mentioned it! You should not feel ashamed or embarrased. You have made that decision and it's YOUR decision. People will get shocked, some may even criticise you but who are they to judge you?! Thankfully in this day and age we are all entilted to our own opinion but we are also entailed to making choices. I chose to tell people because I do not see anything wrong in what I'm doing and also I feel like hiding it almost feels like fear of failure. We should be thinking positively. Yes we can do it! If so why be ashamed of it?!
Thanks for your support ladies. I really need it today. I'm ok mentally but phisically I feel *****. Hot bath and and early night for me again! :(
Mags xxx

Hi ladies!

Anna, fantastic loss!! Well done!! And please keep posting on here :)

Yoyo, so lovely to see you, and thanks re the photo ;)) Yes, Molly is still one very pampered girl! And she still gets the fish treats when we go to the caravan at weekends. ;) I remeber never even flinching at the smell I was soooo determined...I have had one or 2 this summer ( :rolleyes:) but am fine in giving it all up again to get to goal.

Good luck Dora this time ~ we're with you!!!
And Bea, I remeber all the health issues...let's hope it's better this time hun. x

Spangly, when I started last Sept, I was a size 22/24! I was disgusted as I had never been that big, but thiongs just spiralled after a ack injury ( which turned out to be my knee, hence I had an op in April)....I didn't go out, had no idea why Lee stayed with me. I was seriously in a bad place.
I decided not to tell anybody about my LL aside from Lee and my younger brother.

However, 6 stones down later in 6 mnths and I modelled a bridal gown for LL and Cancer Research in Feb ( pics on my profile). I invited my friend, and I was on a stage in front of hundreds of poeple! It was amazing!! I had to start telling people about my diet because the weight dropped off so quickly.
Many people had their own opinions ( often I was advised out of their own insecurities!)....but Lee stood by me and he was so impressed at my willpower.
That's why I'm back after gaining 2 stones because if I leave it any longer, I might spiral out of control....I need to do RTM this time.

It's up to you who you tell or what you say...I went through all last Christmas in abstinence...I just enjoyed nights out with friends ( after SOOO long hiding away!) drinking sparkling water and saying I was driving/on antibiotics etc.

Don't let anyone force their opinions on you. Just smile and say, " It's what I want...I want to be healthy!"

Day 1 for me...and Mags, I eat bars from day 1. I did last time and lost 9.2 in the first week. It's up to you. :)
Have kept busy, and I will do what I did last time....get on here every night to pass the hunger and stay focused!!

Good luck everybody. xx :)

LB well yeah I kinda had a choice to get the bars this week but honestly would they make that much of a difference? I did my first week without them. Twice. And lost 11lbs both times. Will stick to my shakes for now. Just had to have a 'moan' ;)
Mags xxx

LB well yeah I kinda had a choice to get the bars this week but honestly would they make that much of a difference? I did my first week without them. Twice. And lost 11lbs both times. Will stick to my shakes for now. Just had to have a 'moan' ;)
Mags xxx

I know...I am feeling hungry and getting ready to sleep it off! :p

Yes, bars are important to me as I have dogs to walk every day ( not just my own) so I can't do 4 soups ~ it all gets there in the end tho! :)

Hi Ladies,
I need some cheering up please .... I only lost 4.4 lbs & I stuck to the programme 100%:confused: Even by my standards that's low.
It just feels a bit unfair :(

I won't waiver & know it'll come off soon but would've liked a bit of a bigger boost for week 1 ... feeling a bit sorry for myself!

yoyo
xx

Aww Yoyo, don't be disheartened! 4.5 is a great loss... well on the way to a stone in your first month. It is horrid when you compare yourself to other people and see they have had good losses. I was that way the first time around when I did LL, and it was rubbish - but it did balance out - I then had good losses when others had quite low ones, and we all hit our three stone off during Foundation give or take a few pounds... so it will even out.

I know what you mean about needing a good boost - but at least it is 4.5 off, and not on! Go and grab that weigh of lard at the supermarket and carry it around for a while - it's pretty damn substantial!

In fact, check this out - 1lb of real body fat... you've lost more than 4 of these!!

A x

Attachments

• jim.jpg
    jim.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 32
Oh and forgot to say it could be for many reasons... either you were retaining as much water, or you weren't on a very high carb diet leading up to your start date etc - less body shock and less glycogen to get rid of... not forget that TOTM all of us ladies have the pleasure of. Our weigh fluctuates massively through the week/month. Good luck with your next weigh in next week, I'm sure it will be a goodie :) xx

4.5 lbs is very good! Come on girl, don't beat yourself up! All those people who have massive losses in the first week usually slow down after so don't worry, you will catch up.
Keep your head up!!!
Mags xxx

Thanks ladies ... I know it will come off - fingers crossed for next week:p
The daft thing is my diet leading upto week 1 was appalling :eek: - so I thought the shock of abstinence itself would mean a big loss!!
Anna, thnx for the pic. It does put it into perspective:)

Onwards & downwards :)

yoyo
xx

Went to my class last night and day 1 today so excited and nervous! I had to tell my 18 year old yesterday who was very against me doing it again but actually was fine when I explained I was worried about my future health and needed her support.
Keep going everybody :)

Well done, yoyo. Try not to compare yourself too much. Easier said than done! But I'm sure the others are right, and anyway I'd love to be 4 lb lighter right now! You've done great!

Good luck, Kathryn. I'm going to pick up my first packs tonight and am really excited. I love my food (doh) but I'm going to LOVE being fit and (gasp) energetic again!

Best of luck to all of us, in fact. So glad the Internet exists!

Good luck spanglymum!
I have done it before and the first few days are hard.
Just drinking my first shake vanilla with coffee - tastes much sweeter than I remember

Hi ladies,

day 3 for me and it's a hard day I'm hungry and tired...OH is out and I am nursing my little girl ( dog) who was spayed today :(. Poor love is very sore.

And I feel a bit weepy...don't remember this feeling from last time.

Well done Yoyo....any loss is a loss hun. x

Awwwwwww babes. Hope you feel better soon (and your lil dog too).
I think day 3 is the hardest. Just think that this time next week you'll be not only feeling much better but also you'll be a lot lighter ;)
Stay strong hun :)
Mags xxx

Awwwwwww babes. Hope you feel better soon (and your lil dog too).
I think day 3 is the hardest. Just think that this time next week you'll be not only feeling much better but also you'll be a lot lighter ;)
Stay strong hun :)
Mags xxx

Am so glad I got some Bouillon yesterday because those 2 extra drinks are helping to get through this tough day!

I don't drink tea or coffee ( except decaff once in a blue moon when at Costa) so the Bouillon is a nice hot drink for me.
My feet were freezing last night!

Thanks for the kind wishes about my dog...here I am moaning about being a bit down and my poor lil girl has a swollen tummy and won't even touch water...:( xx

Back