LL September Starters/Re-starters

Tonight is the night .....7.30 meeting.x

Good luck Nuttyme!! xx

best of luck nuttyme x

Good Luck Nutty ... hope you get a good group going.

My meetings start tomorrow night ... just think, this time next week we will both have got through the worst bit :D

I've finally told my Mum I'm doing this again ... i know she really doesn't want me to because she is a real worrier. Anyway, we've had a chat & I know she will support me as she has done before. I just need to be able to see this thing through & once I get to goal be able to maintain it ....:eek:

Starting to feel a bit anxious now about the next few days but i know you guys will get me through it:)

I'll post tomorrow night after I've been to my group & when I will be officially in abstinence;)

take care
yoyo
xx

best of luck yoyo x

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd swing by to wish all the new starters luck!

I started (again) today too... but on Exante rather than LL for financial reasons. Not a bad word to say about LL however, it changed my life... took me from morbidly obese and miserable to "normal" and nifty in five short months! I still read through my LL work books as there is some sterling advice in them!

In brief, I lost 5 stone - finished in Jan 2009. I never reached my goal of 10 stone... I stopped instead when my BMI said Healthy (11.6). Since then I have crept up to 13 stone and want to finally kick these last 3 stone into touch... Preferably by my birthday on 10th December. Wish me luck!

Anyway... despite officially being a TRAITOR (grr grrr), I will probs post here quite a bit because I feel a bit of a kinship to you crazy LLers!! (*if that's ok?*)

Right, well, I'm lying in the bath with my mushroom soup and then I'm off to bed. Less time awake = less time thinking about food!!

Good luck fellow starters and restarters!

A xxx

Thanks everyone for your support. Had a great meeting look forward to starting tomorrow. Good luck yoyo tomorrow.x

good luck to the September starters, this was me 1 year ago and I remember the excitement I felt. LL has changed my life, it works and is simple, but also extremely mind challenging. Good luck all! remember those first few days do pass!

Hi everyone! :)

I started LL one year ago today with Gemma ( not same groups, but we made the journey together on Minimins in Sept starters ). I lost 6 stones in just under 6 months.

In Feb, I re-introduced food and swung from LL Lite to personal food choices. I am now about 1.5 stone back on, but still positive as the summer was a bit "foody" :rolleyes:, and I'm still 3.5 stones lighter than this day last year!

So, on my 1st anniversary, I restart my diet, but, like Anna, I cannot do LL again for financial reasons. I am trying Optislim, but am a massive fan of LL. It changed my life so I will journey with you if that is ok, but will just be having different packs. :D

I am lucky in that my LL counsellor still lets me call for advice, and understands my situation. But to have support on here would be excellent for me as I have no classes. I do still have my books, and a massive boost has been re-reading my posts on Sept Starters thread from last year.

LL can rid you of weight at such a speed that you barely recognise yourself!

Good luck to everyone, old and new. x :)

Hi ladies.
I am starting on Monday the 6th (hopefully) or should I say restarting.
I have done LL in 2007 and lost 4 stones in 3 months. I was on top of the world and stupidly I thought I can now manage on my own and failed to do the management stage.
I of course put it all back on and then some so last year in June I decided to give it a go again. I was doing so well and then my circumstances changed suddenly that made me quit after a month.

So... Here I am again giving LL another go. I am going to see my new LLC on Sunday and I'm hoping to start day after.
I am really looking forward to it but at the same time I feel ashamed and embarrassed that it had taken me this long to sort myself out.
In last year alone I tried 4 different diets, spent an absolute fortune and I'm still no slimmer or healthier.
I can't begin to tell you how frustrated I am!

LL works and that is a fact. You just have to stick to it, go to your group meetings and most importantly don't leave to cope with it on your own without doing RTM!

I personally know I will definitely see this till the end this time.
It's scary and like all of you newbies I need all of the encouragement and support I can get.
I am sure though we can all help each other get to where we want to be!
We deserve it and most of all we are worth the effort!!!
Good luck
M. X

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all your support & wise words.

Gemma & Ladybug, I remember being a 2009 September starter with you both but unfortunately I fell off the wagon :eek: but ....WOW.... you have both done brilliantly :D

Magiclove, I know exactly how you must be feeling .... this is the last chance saloon for me too & I MUST do RTM this time:rolleyes:

Anna, please keep posting here ... i need all the support I can get :)

So, I've officially started & am now in abstinence (well since 5.30 anyway:p).

The group tonight was fairly small (7) but everyone seems really excited, positive & chatty - got a chilli & nut fudge bar to try as these are new since i did LL last time - I'm sure the chille will be a marmite kind of thing ... love it or hate it! Gotta give it a try anyway:)

Hope everyone is feeling well today & not having too many carb withdrawls - I've got my ketostix at the ready & will give it a whirl maybe Monday.

wish me luck ......

Let me know how you are all getting on in these first few days - will post my tomorrow with my tales of Day1;)

lots of love

yoyo
xx

Good luck hun! Make sure you keep us posted!
I'm starting on Monday.. so excited!!! :)
I'm also going to post in the LL Diaries section as I find that sharing my thoughts and struggles (and hopefully successes) helps a lot.
I'm curious about the two new foodpacks.. i'm not the biggest fan of the soups so chilli might be a good alternative to the sweet foodpacks.
M x

Hi,completed first day of lighterlife.... its gone well. Drank 3 litres of water with no problems. Porridge for breakfast (not so sure about this one) I think its gonna take some time to get used to the taste and after taste. Had mushroom soup not keen and was really looking forward to hot chocolate which was ok. Tried the vanilla in coffee which was ok.
Trying not to be negative about the packs. Overall Ive had a good day. Lets see what tomorrow brings. Good luck yoyo.

Nutty x

Hey Peeps,
I am joining a refreshers group on Monday 6th sept and CANNOT wait to get goin on this journey second time round,
I lost about 6 stone on lighterlife 2 years ago and have never felt better about myself. I gave birth to my first daughter in May this year, and during my pregnancy and since having my baby I have regained the weight plus a stone!!! Feeling abit crap about it but decided not to give myself too much of a hard time and just deal with it and sort it out! Loving this forum and all the support it gives, good luck girlies xxxxx

Hi everyone! :)

I lost 6 stones in just under 6 months.

In Feb, I re-introduced food and swung from LL Lite to personal food choices. I am now about 1.5 stone back on, but still positive as the summer was a bit "foody" :rolleyes:, and I'm still 3.5 stones lighter than this day last year!

So, on my 1st anniversary, I restart my diet, but, like Anna, I cannot do LL again for financial reasons. I am trying Optislim, but am a massive fan of LL. It changed my life so I will journey with you if that is ok, but will just be having different packs. :D

ARE WE THE SAME PERSON????

Haha - everything you said is exactly the same for me!!

Good luck. I'm not familiar with Optislim - is it TFR like LL? I'm doing Exante, which is the same except I am on 3 packs a day, not 4... :( Although saying that, they are no where near as nice as the LL ones so it's ok, hehe.

Will def keep posting over here. Keep in touch fellow September Starters/Restarters! :family2:

Anna x

Hi all! :)

Anna, I know Jez's sister did Exante at the same time as Jezabella did LL and they both lost a huge amount! Her sister did just aswell on Exante. I'm sorry to ask this on a LL thread, but how much is Exante? I'm not familiar with Optislim either and it's Australian so am having trouble getting info. I am worried as the one food meal they supply contains carbs and I don't think the packs contain the same essential nutrients as LL so Exante may be an alternative for me at the moment. ( Finances etc...).

To those unfamiliar with the new LL packs, I LOVED the chilli! It was introduced midway through my abstinence and I loved having something a bit more "foody" sometimes :p I also didn't like mushroom soup, but loved the chicken soup ~ I made it into bhajis sometimes and I could happily blend it for soup with 800ml of water cos it tasted a lot thicker than some of the others.

The nut fudge bar was my favourite, along with the Cranberry one. The bars are a Godsend when u are out and about.

I also bought an " on the go battery powered blender" for my soups. I got it on ebay for about £3. I think Tesco sell them.

Anna, can ulet me know about costs for Exante as I don't think Optislim will put me in Ketosis. I found abstinence very easy so packs are prob much better for me.

Oh and PS...I'm still 4.5 stones lighter..not 3.5! Calculation error! ;)

One thing that I have never stopped thanks to LL is drinking at least 2 litres of water every day. On abstinenc, I drink much more, but I also found sparkling water much easier to get down. I spent all last christmas drinking soda water whn out with friends and i never once fell off the wagon. ( Just remember to ask for no lemon! It takes you out of Ketosis).

Good luck everyone! xx :)

Hi all! :)

I'm sorry to ask this on a LL thread, but how much is Exante?

No probs... it's £99 per month, plus delivery - so around £105... for a bumper pack of shakes, soups and bars. You don't get to pick and choose though - you can see what you get on their website. So, it works out around £25 a week, which is just brilliant! I do miss having my 'group', but the guys over on the Exante board on here are just as supportive, so it's all good. :)

A x

Hello, everyone! Went to the information session on Tuesday and today got my form signed by the GP. The group starts in Friday. I'm quite excited, weirdly! Just the thought of finally doing something about this... Hope I can manage to stick with it!

Back