LL September Starters/Re-starters

I suppose that technically I started in August, but it was the 31st so I count myself as more of a September starter. Two weeks in, and I'm a little demotivated because I only lost 2.64lbs in week 2 :( Hope it's a bit more next week, but hey, a loss is a loss.

Best of luck all.

I feel really sick today :(
Day 7 and technically I should be feeling better but instead i feel really bloated and have a really unpleasant watery taste in my mouth. I only managed 2 packs today as i feel so sick :(
I really hope this is just a blip...
Mags xxx

Hi all i'm starting again back at class at the end of this month when i get paid. I am a returner, did LL last year and some of this year and lost around 5 stone but have about 2 or 3 back on :( Have some left over packs at home so going to start (have started) today back on the packs although i don't have enough to tide me over for the next 2 weeks so might just do 2.5 packs a day (is that enough? will i get in ketosis from that?) until i get back to class in 2 weeks time. Failing that i can have a pack for breakfast and lunch and sensible dinner until i get back to class.

Well done all of you who have started and done well so far :) x

Hi, can I please join you all? :) I go for my first meeting tomorrow and start the day after, for the first time. Really anxious and excited, too. Think I am going to struggle as have a clingy 7 month old son and would still have to cook curries for the in-laws. Also can't imagine what a slim-me would look like.
Well done to those who've had losses and good luck to those starting soon.

Hi Jennifer and CerealKiller, welcome aboard!
good luck to you both on your exciting journey xx

Welcome ladies and let me wish you all the best of luck on your journey to gorgeousness ;)
@ Jennifer I don't think 2.5 packs are enough to be honest. You might get into ketosis but it will not give you enough nutrition which is a concern esp in the first week.
I'd contact your LLC and ask for some advice on that.
Good luck :)
Mags xxx

Welcome Jennifer and cereal killer,

Good luck with your journey, look forward to sharing your journey.

Nutty x

Bye bye ketosis :(

Hi all,

Looks like ketosis isn't for me. I've had a severe migraine all weekend, and most of today. I suffer with migraines but they're generally short-lived and respond to my prescription meds. This migraine's been extreme and constant, and meds haven't made a dent.

The last time I had a migraine this bad was when I was on LL Lite briefly (five day migraine!), and before that when I was on LL Total, and I was within a stone of my goal weight.

So I called NHS Direct (couldn't get a doctor's appt) and my LLC, and they reckon it's a) something peculiar to me (NOT an LL side effect!) and some complication from maintaining ketosis when I get under a certain body weight (all of these instances of weird migraines were when I was in ketosis, and around or under 9 stone) - although I had zero migraines for the first couple of months on the plan.

What is weird is that within an hour of having some conventional food my headache, which was SO severe, has pretty much disappeared.

So I've agreed with my LLC to come off the programme and do calorie-counting instead, aiming to lose half a pound every week to start off with. I'll go to LL maintenance group and I can use packs to replace one meal a day while I'm trying to lose.

I'm disappointed because I won't lose as quickly, and I'm terrified that without a blunted appetite I'll EAT THE WORLD (and I do feel a bit cheated because it was so difficult getting into ketosis!), but to be honest I am excited about taking control of my diet.

Either way, my health does come first. And I just cannot handle another five day migraine with no relief. Anyway, I have had a proteiny/carby lunch and am having some soup for dinner, and I'll see how I go. I will still come onto the forum though, as the support is amazing and it does help keep my head in the game.

Hope your weeks are all going well :)

Hi Bea,
Sorry to hear you have had to come off the full programme, but glad to hear your migraine has cleared:):)
I hope you hang around here to keep us posted on how you get on x

Welcome to Jennifer & CK :welcome2: .... look forward to hearing how you get on over the next few months :)

Hi Joiya, i only had a small loss in week 1 so am crossing my fingers for better this week! Everyone's different but as long as we stick to the plan we WILL lose 3 stone in 3 months - at least!! :D

Mags, sorry to hear you are still suffering ... do u think it might be to do with you not having enough foodpacks? whatever it is, I hope you come through it soon :hug99:

I've been posting most of my thoughts/feelings/experiences on my LL diary rather than on this thread - nothing exciting to report really other than stinky breath :eek:

yoyo
xx

Oh Bea! Sorry to hear you've not been well but yes you are right, your health comes first. Sometimes unfortunately things just don't suit us and we have to find an alternative. Have you thought about SW? My best friend did it and lost 3 stone on it. Yes it does take longer but you DO lose weight. I am sure you will get to your goal regardless of the path you take. As long as you're healthy and well, that's the main thing.
I just had my first weigh in and I am pleased to inform that i lost 10 lbs last week! I'm over the moon about that result! :)
Saying that I did not enjoy tonight's meeting. Our LLC wasn't there so the locum run the group and she didn't do the best job I must say. It was morelike a casual chat about what we did in the past, how we're getting on and so on. I was kinda hoping we will dig into some deeper stuff but to make things worse we had a new lady in the group who really shouldn't be there.
She was lovely but she said she only had 7lbs to lose and not only she wasn't on abstinence but was also insisting on talking about food, what she eats, how she prepares it etc. It really sounded like she needed to be in the RTM group not with people who JUST started their journey. I must say I found it a bit uncomfortable so i'm not sure how that is going to work in the future. I just don't think it will help us (the rest of the group) or benefit her.
Other than that all's been well. I feel much better today, no bloating, no sickness AND have made up with my man ;)
Most importantly I have my bars now!!!! YAY!!!
:D

Thank you for the warm welcome ladies.

Magiclove, wow..what a wonderful loss. A loss is a loss anyway, but having lost so much, you must be over the moon. Glad to know you are feeling much better.

I was just wondering if any of you have (had) a male LLC? I have one who lost 3 stones in 6 weeks and has been maintaining for 15 months. When I saw him 2 weeks back, it didn't occur to me to ask how long he has been a LLC for, etc etc. I just hope I am comfortable around him and that, it wouldn't be too difficult to discuss any food issues etc.

Welcome Jennifer and cereal killer! And best of luck to you both! I agree with the pp that 2.5 packs probably isn't enough to keep you healthy. I hope you manage to work something out. Do be careful!

Bea sorry to hear ketosis didn't agree with you and that you have to stop ll. But much more important to feel well. I'm glad your migraine finally cleared. I had couple a few years ago and they are horrible.

So. Day 4 and my first pop in tonight. Eek! Am excited as I have stuck 100% to the plan, but also convinced I will be the one person not to lose on this diet. Mental! Will update later.

Xx

Ooh, Mags, I was on here earlier on my mobile and didn't see your post re the amazing 10lb loss!!! Well done you!!! That's great!

Glad to see everyone doing so well, and a shame about not being able to stay on LL, Beeswax.

This is the start of my third week and for no real reason today I've been miserable and depressed all day - not like me at all, and nothing particular happened... wonder if it's a food/lack of food/caffeine thing. I've had to read all the LL success stories over again just to keep myself feeling positive. I think maybe it'll get easier when I've reached some kind of milestone, like 4 weeks or 1st or something. At the moment I've got myself convinced I'm not losing weight at all - and yeah, I know, never weigh yourself at home... but it's a serious compulsion, I physically can't leave the bathroom in the morning until I've weighed myself and I swear that needle isn't moving. MOVE damn you!

Woops rant over.

Hello, Joiya. Sorry to hear you're feeling low. Maybe have a bubble bath and candles and an early night? Guess we're all in this for the long haul so need to find ways to look after ourselves.

I'm sure I'll be back to my normal self in no time! Very unlike me, really I've felt nothing but happy/excited so far so I'm sure it's just a temporary glitch... well, I hope so anyway. So does my boyfriend :p

I'm sure I'll be back to my normal self in no time! Very unlike me, really I've felt nothing but happy/excited so far so I'm sure it's just a temporary glitch... well, I hope so anyway. So does my boyfriend :p

It will pass. :) Some days are harder than others.

I would STRONGLY urge you to get rid of your scales. The number of times we have seen heartache and stress throughout the week with habitual weighers- only to find they lost loads by weigh in time - well, its just not worth it!! Just my 2p worth. :)

Good luck!

The funny thing is, really I do agree with you about the scales! But I'm obsessed at the moment - I don't think I can give it up just yet..... I will try though!

Yay Mags!! 10lbs - fantastic :D
You shouldn't have someone in your group who is not abstaining - my LLC is really good & we are not allowed food talk in group. Why don't you try ringing your LLC & letting her know how you felt? Anyway I'm sure you'll work it out:)
yoyo
xx

Back