Lou's Diary - onwards and inwards!

Hi everyone, hope you've all had a good day, mine's been pretty normal. Have been pretty pleased with myself today, think I've got my mojo back - although I had planned to have jacket potato and beans for lunch, by the time I'd got to the canteen they'd all gone! So I went for salmon and broccoli pasta bake instead, have guessed at 1B (were stingy with salmon) and 6 syns for unknown sauce!!

Have just made a massive vat of superspeed soup for tomorrow's lunch (although slightly concerned about windy parps)

It contains, carrots, onions, leeks, mixed beans, chilli powder, mixed herbs and lentils, tastes lovely but doesn't sound it.

I'm trying to save my b's and syns tomorrow for tea time, as having a curry with OH, I'll be on green day so going to have bombay potato and loads of rice, with some dry chicken tikka.

Thursday - Green Day
B: Chopped fresh pineapple and melon with yogurt
S: Apple
L: Super trumpy speed soup
S: Yogurt
D: Indian takeaway - bombay potatoes with plain boiled rice and dry chicken tikka pieces and a poppadom (2B's and 15 syns)

I love green days, I don't know how you can like red, hehe. I've been super good so far today and..... I'm not have an Indian tonight anymore either, yippee.

I'm going to have chickpea dahl with rice and few sw chips instead - who needs a takeaway when you can have that syn free. xx

Thursday - Green Day
B: Chopped fresh pineapple and melon with yogurt
S: Melon and orange
L: Jacket and beans
S: Super trumpy speed soup and cereal bar (4 syns)
D: Chicken and mushroom rissotto (1B) with salad
S: Muller light cherry choc (2 syns)

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a good plan there missus! Chick pea dahl is the dogs for an indian replacement!

I had a green day today:D Feel rather stuffed lol.

Brill thing is that i still have hexb to use later for super if i get hungry. So marmite on toast sounds good ... as im off i tend to stay up later reading so getting the munchies. Perfect solution!

Here is to another 100% day tomoro xxx

Yippee for 100% hun, are you enjoying your time off? I love having time off work but hate it as it throws my diet routine out.

Anyway, I'm off for a big long walk later and on a green day as ever, hehe.

B: 42g crunchy bran with banana (1B)
L: Left over rissotto and jacket (4 syns for chicken)
S: 16 x mikados (8 syns)
D: Chicken chow mein (1B)

Last edited:
OMG - just been shopping and bought some MIKADOS, can't believe they are only half a syn each, I bought the three small boxes (rather than one large box).. and the is 16 in a box which is only 8 syns for a lovely sized box, lush!!

Picked up some of the Kelloggs fibre plus bar things that can be used as a B choice - on offer at £1 a box. xx

Oops - sorry but I ate all the chow mein, was lovely though. Was the recipe out of this months mag, but only used about half the ingredients.

I spent most of weekend with other half and got led astray a little, but not too bad, plus I've been good today so am happy.

Red day today;
B: Just over half fibre plus bar (4 syns)
S: Yogurt and apple
L: Tuna salad
S: Hifi bar (1B)
S: Pineapple and melon chunks
D: Steak with mushrooms, onions and tomatoes, served with loads of red cabbage and a jacket potato (1B) (Gorrrrrgeous)

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. x

Guess who is starting to get pre WI nerves? I'm such a muppet but I'm so use to failing that I'm scared of WI.

Anyway, red day today...
B: 42g crunchy bran (1B)
S: Banana and muller light
L: Ham salad and apple
S: Kelloggs fibre plus bar (1B)
D: BBQ chicken with roasted vegetables

good luck for weigh-in. apparently those of us who are perfectionists are more likely to fail at a diet because we put so much pressure on ourselves that when we have one little blip and we throw the towel in.

write a pro's and con's list for reasons to diet and if you have a blip or a bad weigh-in then read through it to remind yourself that weightloss is just one of many reasons you're doing this. :) x

Thanks Karen, that's a really useful tip. Niknaks and Kiki - my weigh in isn't until tonight, I get scared 48 hours early, not 24, hehe. Not positive at all about tonight though, in fact my scales say I've gained - which I can honestly say, I don't deserve as I've been good.

Also - got a horrible sore throat and have had enough of being on earlies (getting up at 5am), blaaah.

I'll stop being such a misery arse and write up today's diary..

Green
B: 42g crunchy bran (1B)
S: apple
L: Couscous and fibre plus bar (1B)
D: LF youngs ocean pie with mushy peas (4.5 syns)
S: Pineapple

hey chick how did it go?? I bet you did well!

I have my dentist appointment tomorrow! ARRRAGH! so wish me luck!

Will check back later to see how you got on! x

Good luck Henna, you'll be fine - honest.

I did RUBBISH last night, I put on half a pound, arrgh, I wouldn't mind if I'd been off plan, but I'd been good all week, ohh fiddle sticks.

Will be showing those scales who is boss next week. xx

Right - green day today and being extra good
B: Cereal (1B)
S: Apple and banana
L: jacket and beans
S: LF crisps (4.5 syns)
D: Chickpea dahl and rice and 6 mikados (3 syns)

Last edited:
dont be too down hun, all that hard work probably just isnt showing yet, keep at it and im sure the scales will show better next week.
i had a bad weekend and tried to pull it back and limit the damage by last nights weigh in id lost 0.5lb dissapointed in myself and the scales but know that its 0.5 off thats no longer on me and i know where i went wrong and to get back on the wagon (was on monday) so hopefully next week will be good for both of us xxxx
Lyns x

Keep up that healthy attitude! One week is nothing in the greater picture so you'll be fine :)

Back