Team 1 Measuring for April

Im the same I like the night out chalenge. Im going to a wedding on the 13th march so I am going to save points throughout the week. the buffet is always a weak spot for me, so it will be a challange definately! well done on all the weight losses! xxx

i know most of us do exercise how about a challenge to try a new type of exercise? xx

i know most of us do exercise how about a challenge to try a new type of exercise? xx

You have no idea how perfect this would be for me! I would be up for it!

Ok, so I go to the gym 3/4 times a week and do a mixture of things. However i'm going to do the race for life 5k in May. I have started jogging very breifly on the treadmill but have to get myself outside and pound some pavement rather than the treadmill! Havent plucked up the courage yet to force myself on members of the public! So that would be my excercise goal and try to jog for 5 minutes solid then work my way to jogging longer...at the moment i can just do 1 minute!! Very unfit when it comes to jogging!!

As per my diary, I have bought running trainers and will commence jogging this weekend for the first time in...my life!

good for u pugs....that's my plan too....but really don't think i'll get too far!! lol...will start with walk a lamp-post, run a lamp-post and so on!!! lol...xxx

thats exactly my plan... to start jogging. I'm not a natural runner- my body is mre use to dance and aerobics style exercise so running just about does me in! at the moment I walk to work and back which is an hour altogether (3 .5 miles) Ialso do just dance on the wii and wii fit plus on alternate nights and hula hoop on a sunday. I am doing the race for life in july too so to run it would be such an achievement to me. xxx

Well no one has said anything against it yet so I will set this challenge up...now!

THE 'TRY A NEW EXERCISE' CHALLENGE

As suggested by Lisanat :)

The aim here is to do something you have never tried before. It really can be anything. Example, don't walk much? Think of somewhere you can walk whereas before you would have drove! That is a simple one but there will be things people have put off trying for a long time and this could be the chance to do it.

As far as the actual challenge part of it goes I'd like to keep it simple.

All I ask is everyone who wants to take part PM me what their new exercise will be and in what time-frame they wish to have tried it for.

Example - If I was pm-ing myself I'd be jogging and no later than this Sunday.

I will do a new post with all of them after this one and add to it as/when people PM me what their plan is.

CAN I PLEASE NOTE

You NEVER have to do a challenge if you do not want to. If, for any reason it is not for you, just say and I am sure we will all respect you for it. By letting us know, my hope is that you wont feel isolated from the rest of the group as we talk about a challenge. The team is more than just a series of challenges but a group of similar people with a similar aspiration.

Last edited:
Try new exercise challenges and goals

puggso_32 - To start jogging and have had my first jog by this Sunday (7th March) DONE
lisanat - Jogging, no later than Wednesday (10th March)
Shlinz - To jog, in a public place, by Sunday 14th March
elegantriposte - The buy and use a skipping rope
Smirky - Dance - Wii form

Last edited:
Good work captain.!!

My goal is also to jog....in a public place.....by Sunday 14th March!!!

Anyone any ideas where the other team members are???? It's awfy quiet around this thread, beginnin to feel like billy no mates!!!

I've been out all day!

linz, i was thinking that - It only seems to be us 3 do you think we scared every one off? xx

Was beginnin to think so Lisa!!!...Hopefully they'll come floodin in tomoro..x

I'm here, I'm breathing heavily and I'm sweaty so we all must know what that means for a Sunday morning...yes I went out a jog! :D

yay! you did it! well done how far did you manage? Ive been hula hooping this morning! x

I'm here, I'm breathing heavily and I'm sweaty so we all must know what that means for a Sunday morning...yes I went out a jog! :D

:happy096:..........:p:p

yay! you did it! well done how far did you manage? Ive been hula hooping this morning! x

:happy096:............:p:p

Well done you 2.......I had just over an hour at the gym this morning which consisted of 15 mins on bike, 28 mins on cross trainer, 10 mins on treadmill then 10-15 mins on resistance stuff. And have been tidying up my garden and a few bits of housework, so been a busy bee all morning, has stopped me munchin too!!! lol

I worked it out as being *checks own diary* 1.3 miles. Done it in 12 mins and 23 seconds without stopping. Really surprised myself with that part!

I have never been able to hula hoop!

:happy096:..........:p:p

:happy096:............:p:p

Well done you 2.......I had just over an hour at the gym this morning which consisted of 15 mins on bike, 28 mins on cross trainer, 10 mins on treadmill then 10-15 mins on resistance stuff. And have been tidying up my garden and a few bits of housework, so been a busy bee all morning, has stopped me munchin too!!! lol

Oooh brilliant stuff on the gym front! I used to go to the gym but never felt I was getting enough out of it, plus I am far too busy during the week to make it worth my time.

Right!

My challenge suggestion is to adapt a favourite meal to make it point friendly.

I'm going to buy a skipping rope next time I'm at the supermarket. It's not something I've never done before, I can't think of an exercise I've never tried except exercise classes. I actually got picked to take part in skipping lessons with some professionals in year 6 and got really good.. I could double dutch and everything :p Haven't done it in years though so that's my exercise challenge.

As for the plan the night out I will be going to my mum's over easter and want to go for an Indian with my friends as I haven't found an Indian as nice yet! I'll plan for that now, will fish out my EOG.

Indian

2 poppadoms - 3
Dippy stuff - 1
Chicken tikka - 8
Aubergine bhajee - 4

Total = 16, leaving me 5 points. I'd probably save a couple if possible and have a big walk for some APs for some vodka diet cokes.. too cheap where I come from not to ;)

Back