MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

Thursday 5th April

Awww, thank you both Daisy and Emsie. Your comments really helped me today. On top of everything else that is going on, yesterday would have been my mum's birthday if she had still been here. It's over 20 years since she died, and although you get to accept it and live with it, I really could have done with her shoulder over the last few days.:cry:If you are lucky, as I was, then there is no-one like your mum!

So...before I set myself off again ... weigh in this morning and I have lost 3.5lbs! I'm obviously happy with that as I have passed my 10% and my BMI has gone down into the 30s from a starting point of 44.8 and I only have half a pound to go to get to 2 stones off. I'm not sure how it will pan out this week though. Because of what has been going on I know that although I have kept roughly within my points, I haven't been drinking anything like as much as usual, and I wonder if I'm de-hydrated and/or my body has gone into shock from all the ****. On the other hand it could just be (nice!)pay-back for the patient plodding of the last few weeks. I'm going to do my absolute best to stick to plan this week, whatever is thrown at me, and re-hydrate as I have the mother of all headaches. If I STS or gain then I will just accept that, as a 3.5 loss is really quite rare for me. For now I will take it gratefully though.

Today's food

Breakfast - Weetabix - Total 5PP - 2 weetabix (3PP) milk (2PP) sweetener (0PP)

Oh *!!£*** - I have just put that all into my online tracker and it wants me to go down another point to 28 daily points! I must admit I find that a bit hard to swallow as I still have over 6 stone to go to my target! I think I am going to manually change it back to 29 - the next few weeks will be tough enough as it is and I think I'm going to really need those extra 7 points. If I need to I'll drop it down again later on. To be honest I would rather STS for a while on 29 points, if that happens, than feel under extra pressure of 28 and fail spectacularly by going off the wagon.

*** Done - 'puter says '28' but I have over-ridden it back up to 29! ***

Lunch - Total 8PP - Ham and mustard sarni - 2 slices w/m bread (4PP) 3 oz sliced ham (3PP), scraping elf mayo and mustard (1PP), cherry toms and a banana (0PP)

Drinks - Green Tea, water and NAS squash

Total so far - 13PP, 16 remaining. Not sure what I am having for tea, as it will depend how the day pans out. Have got several options in reserve, depending on what happens. Will update later

Well on top of everything else that was going on, I have had no proper internet access for weeks now - even tried dial up in desperation but life is too short to wait for the pages to load! :sigh: I finally got re-connected with a new provider today. In the meantime I haven't been tracking my propoints, as I'm an on-liner. I did buy a WW calculator, but TBH my heart wasn't really in it, so it didn't get much use! I'm not weighing until Wednesday - pretty certain I have put some on, but things have been so crappy :cry:that I'm amazed I haven't gained it all back again! Will start tracking again tomorrow, and a full week will start on Wednesday after WI. I'm looking forward to taking charge of it again, so onwards for the remainder of the year...

Thanks Emsie and Daisy, I'm glad to be back and feeling in control again.

Hi Katie, thanks for dropping by - sorry I've not been around for a few weeks but I should be back to normal now!

Weigh in today and I'm 15st 9lb. That is up from my 15st 7.5lb of 7 weeks ago when everything hit the fan, but I know that over the last few weeks I did go up by around 8lbs and have lost 6.5 of those. I don't really feel that the 3.5lbs loss in that awful week in April was a 'true' loss - it was more down to eating and drinking practically nothing, plus getting no real sleep for over a week! So I'm going to write it off and just declare 2lb loss over the last 7 weeks - down from 15st 11lbs to 15st 9lbs The next target to go for is another 2lbs off to make my total loss so far 2st.

Food for today ...

Wednesday 23th May 2012

Breakfast - Dippy eggs and soldiers Total 10 PP -
Wholemeal crust (3PP) with 3 tspns butter (3PP) and 2 soft boiled eggs (4PP)

Lunch - Cake and Biscuit! - Total 8PP - Had breakfast very late so just nibbled a couple of WW Lemon slices (4PP) and a Mrs Crimbles Coconut macaroon (4PP)

Tea - Spaghetti Bolognaise - Total 16PP - 65g beef mince (4PP), 1 tspn olive oil (1PP), half can tomatoes, onion, garlic, herbs, oxo cube, 3 tbspns tomato puree (1PP), 1oz cheddar (3PP), 2.5oz wholemeal pasta (7PP)

Drinks - green tea, NAS squashes and one cup coffee with cream (2PP)

Evening snack - one pack French Fries - 2PP

Totals 38PP
29PP, 9 weeklies
APs earned - 7 on assorted Wii-fit activities

Hmmm -slightly slapped wrist for lunch - but they were good! :)

Lunch sounds yummy and it sounds like you are turning things round already.Hope things are better for you now,well done on the weight loss :0)

Food for Thursday 24th May

Breakfast - Cornflakes with milk and sweetener - Total 5PP
- 1oz cornflakes (3PP), small serving milk (2PP) sweetener (0PP)

Lunch - Tuna and chilli sandwich - Total 9PP - 2 pieces w/m bread (4PP) 2oz tuna, (3PP) one chopped green chilli (0PP), 2 tbspn vlf mayo (2PP), a banana (0PP)

Tea - Thursday night takeaway chips and burger - Total 21PP - half portion chips (11PP) battered burger (10PP)

Snacks - Cake and chocs - Total 8PP - 6 Mars miniatures (6PP), one WW lemon slice (2PP)

Drinks - green tea, water, NAS squash one cup coffee with cream (2PP)

Totals 45PP
29PP, 16 weeklies
APs earned - just one, for walking into work
Weeklies remaining - 24

No food shopping until after payday on Thursday, so a bit lower on fruit and veg than I'd like, but an OK day. The chips were good!
:)

Food for Friday 25th May

Breakfast - Cornflakes Total 5PP
(same as yesterday)

Lunch - Cheese and pickle sarni, yogurt and banana- Total 15PP - 2 slices w/m bread (4PP), 40g cheddar (5PP), tbspn pickle (2PP), banana (0PP), small pot creamy peach yogurt (4PP)

Tea - Chilli Chicken wraps - Total 12PP - 2 WW Tortilla wraps (5PP), chicken breast (4PP), tspn olive oil (1PP), onion and sliced peppers (0PP), tbspn lf mayo (1PP), drizzle of jerk sauce (1PP)

Snacks - WW Carrot cake slice (2PP)

Drinks - NAS squash, water, tea using a little milk left over from the breakfast serving, coffee with cream (2PP)

Totals 36PP
29PP plus 7 weeklies used
17 weeklies remaining
AP earned - just one again for walking into work, APS earned for the week so far = 9

I wasn't too keen on the WW carrot cake slice - I found the texture a bit odd, and didn't like the icing as it was a bit too much like glace icing, rather than a frosting. I will stick to buying the lemon slices in future as I really do like a nibble on one of them with my coffee! :cool:

Right, I have a bit of updating to do! :whistle: I don't have time at the moment to catch up on anyone's diaries or threads, but hopefully will get some reading in at the weekend. In the meantime I'll just try to keep my food diary going - not helped much by the WW online tracker which 'lost' two and a half days worth of entries for Saturday, Sunday and half of Monday! So...

Saturday 26th May

Haven't got a clue! By Monday afternoon all I could remember about Saturday's food was that I had a Hoi-sin Chicken and Pepper Stir Fry with half a pack of Batchelors Supernoodles for tea!

The rest of the day I just cannot remember what we ate and nor can my hubby. Fortunately I can remember how many weeklies I had left by Sunday, so Saturday's food totalled 34 PP, (29PP and 5 weeklies) which left me 12 weeklies remaining. No APs earned.

Sunday 27th May

Breakfast - Cranberry and Yogurt Cereal Bar - 3PP

Picnic Lunch at the beach - Tuna Mayo Sarni with French Fries -Total 8PP - 2 slices w/m bread (4PP), half a tin tuna in brine (1PP), tbspn l/f mayo (1PP), one chopped jalpeno chilli (0PP), packet cheese and onion french fries (2PP)

In the car snack - 50g trail mix - 5PP

Afternoon munchies snacks - Small choc nut sundae (9PP), half a slice ginger cake (4PP)

Ahem - 'Tea' - if you can call it that! - 2 WW carrot cake slices (they did need eating up, honest!) (5PP), with a tbspn cream (2PP), and 1oz McVitie's Cheddars (4PP)

Fruit and veg? Well, there was carrot cake, and a chilli! Plus the dried fruit! :rolleyes: In my defence we did walk for about an hour on the beach in the sand which earned me 6 APs, and that's not counting the drag up and down the slope to the beach itself!

Grand totals today
40PP total - 29 daily and 11 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 1
APs earned 6

Ready for bed now so will update for Monday/Tuesday tomorrow.

Getting up to date...

Monday 28th May

Breakfast - Bacon butty - Total 6PP -
one slice w/m bread (2PP), 2 rashers bacon (3PP), 2 tbspns HP sauce (1PP)

Lunch - Total 8PP - didn't really have a lunch as such - more 'grazed' here and there - Cranberry and yoghurt bar (3PP), 1/2 oz McVitie's cheddars (2PP), one l/f cheese triangle (1PP), packet cheese and onion Velvet Crunch (2PP)

Tea - Burger in a roll - Total 10PP - one white roll (4PP), quarter pounder beef burger (5PP), 2 tbspns tomato ketchup (1PP)

Snacks - Egg muffin - Total 6PP - one white muffin (4PP), egg 'fried' in fry-lite (2PP)

Drinks - water, NAS squash, green teas

Totals - 30PP (29 dailies, one weekly)
Weeklies remaining - none
APs earned - 5 on Wii fit, total APs for the week so far - 20

Tuesday 28th May

Breakfast - Cornflakes - Total 5PP - one oz cornflakes (3PP) with milk (2PP). sprinkling sweetener (0PP)

Lunch - Egg mayo and chilli sarni - Total 9PP - 2 slices w/m bread (4PP), two mashed hard boiled eggs (4PP), tbspn l/f mayo (1PP), chopped jalapeno chilli (0PP)

Tea - Pizza and new potatoes - Total 12PP - 1/3 Chicken BBQ pizza (7PP), 100g new potatoes,(2PP) tspn butter (1PP), herbs, tbspn piccalilli (1PP), tbspn l/f mayo (1PP), a mountain of beetroot in vinegar (0PP)

Snacks - Cadbury's Raisin brunch bar - 4PP

Drinks - NAS squash, water, green teas

Totals - 30PP
APs earned today = 8, - 5 on Wii fit, 3 for 30 minute walk round the town before tea. Total APs for the week - 28. One of them used today, leaves 27.

Phew! Diary up to date! Weigh in soon! :)

Weigh in this morning and I have lost 2lbs - making 2 stone off so far :)

Wednesday 30th May

Breakfast - none except 2 cups of tea with a splash of milk in each (1PP)

Lunch - Pizza and potato salad - Total 8PP - s
mall slice of Chicken BBQ Pizza (4PP), 100g new potatoes (2PP), tbspn l/f mayo (1PP), tspn butter (1PP), one chopped jalapeno (0PP)

Tea - Egg on toast, ham, beans and mushrooms - Total 12PP - one egg, fried in fry-lite (2PP), one crust w/m bread (3PP), 4 tbspns beans (3PP), mushrooms (0PP) fried in one tspn sunflower oil (1PP) 3 slices ham (3PP)

Snacks - Total 8PP - 1/2 oz McVitie's cheddars (2PP), one l/f cheese triangle (1PP), one pack salt and vinegar french fries (2PP), one curly wurly (3PP)

Drinks - water, NAS squash, green tea

Totals for today - 29PP, no weeklies used
APs earned 6 on Wii fit

So a good week as far as the weight loss goes - although not especially healthy eating - I will be glad to get some fresh fruit and veg in for this coming week! I was averaging a pound a week previously, but would love it if I could keep up the 2lbs a week, or even 1 and a half. I think exercising on the Wii fit 4 times a week has helped. I measured myself today and in the last 10 days have lost an inch each off my bust, my waist and my hips, which is great, but of course my tummy 'apron' is unchanged, which means it now looks bigger and flabbier in comparison! Typical that nothing has gone from there and that's the first place I would really like to see a big difference! Oh well, we're never happy are we? :rolleyes:

Having a tough time of it at the moment - can't believe it is 3 weeks since I updated this food diary. I have been tracking online most days though, although not 100%. 2 more pounds gone in the last 3 weeks, which I should be pleased with, but generally feeling so demoralised that I am finding it hard to focus on the positive at the moment.

Anyway, in an attempt to do just that... I have lost 30lbs so far (note to self: 'Yes woman, 30lbs, kick your a*se into gear and pack in the moping - life happens, get on with it!'), 14 of which have been on WW, so I can add another silver star to my sig! I can fit into clothes I haven't worn for ages, and last week we had a ceremonial 'binning' of two pairs of work trousers, which were so loose they were really unflattering, and I could take them off without undoing them! Into the bin with them - I'm never going to need them again; I can now jog the long route and the island view route one after the other on the Wii Fit; (another note to self - 'Get that sports bra soon, holding them as you jog is not a good look, even in your own living room!) I can do several balance yoga poses now without falling over; I can sit cross legged, and cross one leg over the other when sitting down. There's more, but that is about as much positivity as I can stand for one morning, and this is supposed to be a food diary! :)

So, as I WI on Wednesdays, I'll start again with this Wednesday...

Wednesday June 20th

Breakfast - Cranberry & Yogurt Cereal Bar from Aldi's - 3PP

Lunch - Aldi Spicy Couscous, spiced up a bit more! - Total 11PP -
One packet Aldi's Spicy Couscous (9PP), two chopped pickled jalapenos (0PP), 4 olives (0PP), 1oz Aldi's cream cheese (2PP), cherry tomatoes (0PP), one Banana (0PP) I realised that I have been underpointing this previously :( - mis-read the packet info. 9PP might seem a lot, but it is very filling and a really good portion, so I'm happy with that.

Tea - Chinese Takeaway - Lemon Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls and Rice - Total 28PP -
I had less than half of the two chicken dishes, and about a third of the rice, so pointed it from the 'Eating Out' guide, as apparently the portion sizes in there are restaurant portions which are about half the size of takeaway portions - Lemon Chicken 10PP, Sweet and Sour 13PP, Rice 5PP

Snacks - Total 0PP- One bunch red grapes (0PP)

Drinks - Total 6PP - Coffee with cream (2PP) and a tbspn Tescos Coffee Liqueur (2PP), Pimms (2PP) and diet ginger beer (0PP), NAS squash, green teas

Totals for today - 48PP - 29 dailies and 19 of my weeklies,
Weeklies remaining 30
APs earned today - 9 from a mammoth session on the Wii-Fit

Thursday 21st June (The longest day today - arrrrgh, what happened to the summer?)

Breakfast - Aldi's Chewy White Chocolate Chip Cereal Bar - 2PP

Lunch - Brie and Applesauce sandwich with piles of salad - Total 8PP -
2 slices w/m bread (4PP), 1.5 oz Brie (4PP), tbspn Applesauce (0PP), cherry toms (0PP), cucumber (0PP), lettuce (0PP) bunch red grapes (0PP), one orange (0PP)

Tea - Quarterpounder with cheese and bbq sauce - Total 12PP
- One brown roll (3PP), one quarter pounder burger (5PP), tbspn bbq sauce (1PP), tbspn vlf mayo (1PP), 1/2 oz cheddar (2PP), gherkin (0PP), lettuce (0PP), onion rings (0PP)

Snacks - Total - 6PP - One packet Aldi's Salt and Vinegar 'French Fries - a - like' - 2PP, 1.5 oz Brie with Chillis (4PP), two handfuls cherries (0PP),

Drinks - Coffee with cream (2PP) and tbspn Tescos Coffee Liqueur (2PP), NAS squash, water, green teas

Loved the Aldi's version of 'French Fries' - they were a bit puffier than the originals, which I liked a lot. Sometimes you get a really hard one (ooh-er, Missus! ;) :cool:) in the Walker's packs, which I don't like - don't think this would happen with the puffier ones, so I am a convert (they are also cheaper!)

Totals for the day - 32PP, 29 dailies and 3 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 27
APs earned today - none, APs for the week so far - 9

Breakfast looks a bit light on both days, but I'm eating it quite late this week, so it's really just a snack to get through to lunchtime. Will be back later to update for today.

Welcome back. You are doing really well - don't knock yourself xxx

Welcome back and well done on all that you have achieved so far :0)

Thanks Daisy and MrsG. It is tough at the moment, but I keep reminding myself that I've lost those 30 lbs and I've never lost that much before (well not all in one go - LOL!

Friday 22nd June

Breakfast - Cereal and Cereal Bar! - Total 9PP
-
One Aldi Cranberry & Yogurt Bar (3PP), 40g Honey Nut Cornflakes (4PP), Milk (2PP) (some left for a cuppa later)

Lunch - Cream Cheese Pizza Sandwich - Total 7PP - 2 slices w/m bread (4PP), 1.5 oz Aldi Cream Cheese (3PP), 3 olives (0PP), scraping tomato puree (0PP), chopped pickled jalapeno chilli (0PP), oregano (0PP), handful cherry toms (0PP), bunch red grapes (0PP)

Dinner - Tomato and Mozzarella Turkey Escalope, Jacket and Veg - Total 16PP - One Bernard Matthews Tomato and Mozzarella Turkey Escalope (10PP), 7oz (raw weight) Jacket Spud (4PP), carrots (0PP), mushrooms (0PP), grilled tomato (0PP), One tspn olive oil and one of butter to cook mushrooms (2PP), (cannot stand mushrooms cooked in fry-light, so worth 2PP for me!) squirt vlf mayo on spud (0PP)

We live about 10 mins drive from Bernard Matthews and the factory shop, so we stocked up last week on Turkey stuff - packs of 2 or 3 Turkey Escalopes at 50p for the pack, turkey crown at £3, cheap turkey mince, turkey kievs, cheese and veg bakes, turkey nuggets .... freezer full of turkey - roast turkey for Sunday lunch - will probably be turkied out soon! :silly:

Drinks - 2 coffees with cream (4PP), NAS squash, green tea and one earl grey tea with milk left over from breakfast
Snacks - Ahem - none! :innocent0002:

Totals for today - 36PP - 29 dailies and 7 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 20
APs earned - none today, total APs for the week so far - 9

Saturday 23rd June

Breakfast - Honey Nut Cornflakes - Total 5PP -
30g Honey Nut Cornflakes (3PP) serving milk (2PP), some milk left for cuppa later

No Lunch as such - was 'Date night' so had a mid afternoon carvery before heading to the Theatre - Total 32PP - Gammon and Beef (10PP), Carrots, Leeks and Green Beans (0PP), Small amount gravy (1PP), Roasties (4PP), Mash (4PP), gave Yorkie to hubby (0PP),:D 3 scoops ice-cream (10PP), one bottle J20 (3PP)

Snacks 'French Fries' and Maltesers - Total 8PP - 1 and 1/2 packs Aldi's 'French fries' (3PP), hubby had a sharing pack of Maltesers for the Theatre so I had a couple of handfuls - counted as a 37g bag (?) at 5PP

Drinks - One coffee with cream (2PP), NAS squash, green tea, one cup Earl Grey with milk from breakfast, one J20 at pub (already counted above)

Totals for today 47PP (Gadzooks!) 29 dailies and 18 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 2
APs earned - none that I have tracked, but it was date night! ;) :rolleyes:
APs for the week so far - 9

Back