So day 1 completed and feel I've done pretty well... I plan on using this thread to document my food diary and weight loss :)

Day 1

Breakfast
Apple (s)
Coffee with 150ml skimmed milk (hex a)

Dinner
Rice with peppers(s), quinoa (5 sins), onions(s), lime juice(s), baby corn(s), garlic(s).
Side salad Inc lettuce(s), peppers(s), spring onion(s), cucumber(s).
Low fat Honey mustard dressing x3 tbsp (6 sins)

Tea
Beef stir fry with dried noodles, peppers, onions, baby corn and red onion.
Sauce made with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, herbs and spices.

Total sins = 11

Starting weight 06/02/17 = 12st 1.5lb

Welcome in! :D Looks like you're off to a great start. :)

So second day done and dusted. Another good day I feel! I wasn't in work until late so cooked up some breakfast and went to Tesco after work to get myself some Alpen light bars for the rest of the week.

Breakfast
3 x eggs scrambled with 50ml milk (hexa)
1 Thin slice tiger bread

I've read online that tiger bread is about 3 sins per slice but if anyone knows for definite please let me know!

Dinner
Rice with peppers(s), quinoa (5 sins), onions(s), lime juice(s), baby corn(s), garlic(s).

Side salad Inc lettuce(s), peppers(s), spring onion(s), cucumber(s).
Low fat Honey mustard dressing x3 tbsp (3 sins?)

I think I got the sins wrong on the mustard dressing last time. Again, looked on line and I think this is 1 sin per tbsp?

Tea
2 thin cut beef steaks, peas (s), steamed potatoes.

Other
Milk as HexA in coffee

Total sins = 6

I'm not sure about the tiger bread but the low fat honey mustard dressing IS 1 syn per tbsp. :)

Day 3

Starting to see a difference! I know I shouldn't be weighing myself midweek but I can't help myself. Stepped on the scales this morning and I've lost 2lb. I have yo-yoed between 12st 1 and 11st 13lb for the last couple of weeks so may just be something to do with that...

I am starting to run out of my meat from the freezer so I think I'm going to need another shop before the weekend!

Breakfast
Alpen light bar

Dinner
Beef stir fry with dried noodles, peppers, onions, baby corn and red onion.
Sauce made with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, herbs and spices

Tea
Turkey strips with herbs and spices - I also added about 1tbsp of tomato puree and 1tbsp of garlic puree.
Mashed potatoes with Philadelphia light with chives (2 syns)
Garden peas

There is a lot of mixed reviews about the syn value for the garlic puree/ tomato puree so I'm basing it on 1syn per tbsp (correct me if I'm wrong) And YES I've been told that it is better to use passata/ garlic powder instead but didn't read that until after I'd made it :p

So I'm guestimating 4 syns in total here
Any feed back would be a great help to me! I feel a bit guilty about eating potatoes cuz they're so restricted on other diets!

Starting weight 06/02/17 - 12st1lb

Hiya, can I ask, is the quinoa you are using precooked, if you are cooking it yourself from dried it's actually free, just being nosey and wondering where the syns are coming from :)

Hiya, can I ask, is the quinoa you are using precooked, if you are cooking it yourself from dried it's actually free, just being nosey and wondering where the syns are coming from :)
Hiya! I could be wrong I'm just going from things I've read online! It was actually from frozen so I think it was precooked but really unsure tbh... Please let me know if I'm completely wrong?!

Thanks xx

If you are going to group, you should have got a number on your SW card that allows you to log in to the slimming world site. You can check syns on there , if not and you have the packaging I can check for you hun :) 5 syns seems a lot, even if it is precooked.

If you are going to group, you should have got a number on your SW card that allows you to log in to the slimming world site. You can check syns on there , if not and you have the packaging I can check for you hun :) 5 syns seems a lot, even if it is precooked.

Its probably not the best but I'm trying to follow without joining at the moment! I hope to join next month though when I've got some extra cash!
Here's the link to it - it was about 1/2 the bag split over 3 meals so I have no idea how you would work that out

There's no link showing :)

If it's this one, Tesco Healthy Living Lime Coriander Rice & Quinoa Mix with Vegetables, frozen 300g pack it's (150g serving) 2½ syns for half the pack. So if you split half a pack into 3 portions, I would round it at 1 syn. The photo was quite small so I couldn't make out if it was healthy living or not :)

Day 4

I tried to resist temptation yesterday but I was at my partner's for takeaway Thursday! I don't feel to guilty because I haven't been using all of my syns up so as long as I'm good over the weekend I should be okay!

Breakfast
Alpen light bar
Coffee with milk (HexA)

Dinner
Turkey strips with herbs and spices - I also added about 1tbsp of tomato puree and 1tbsp of garlic puree.
Garden peas

Tea
Chinese takeaway - 4 chicken balls, 100g egg fried rice and about 200g chips

So I don't have an exact figure for the Chinese takeaway but I'm guessing about 40-50syns... If anyone knows for sure please let me know:p
I'm determined to stay on track and will be straight back on it tomorrow!

Starting weight 12st1lb

Day 5

Straight back on it today! Planning on being extra good over the weekend ready for Monday weigh in...

Breakfast
Alpen light bar
Coffee (HexA)

Snack
Apple

Dinner
Garden peas

Tea

Tortilla pizza with passata and 50% fat mozerrela + sweet corn (10syns)

Snack
Apple

Starting weight: 12st 1lb

Day 6

I feel like I did quite well today in terms of persevering! It was my partner's dad's birthday so there was cake involved! I had the tiniest slither because it was chocolate and just couldn't resist but I have no clue what the syn value was. What you don't know can't hurt you right?:p

Breakfast
Wholemeal toast (hexb)
3 * fried eggs (using fry light)

Dinner
Pea and asparagus risotto (5syns)
Garden peas (extra)
Chicken

Snacks
Apple x2
Chocolate cake (50g) ?

Tea
Takeaway - boiled rice with chicken and salad (ricebox) I only ate about 1/4 of it and I think there may have been a couple of syns in the coating of the chicken.

Syns: guestimate of 10?

Starting weight 06/02/17 - 12st 1lb

Cake is always allowed on family birthdays! :) Well done on only having a tiny bit, I probably would have inhaled the whole thing lol :rolleyes:

Day 7

Feeling good day. Food made up ready for work and due to previously sneaking a peak at my weight in the week I know that this has been working which is great! I think I'm going to join a group with my friend on Tuesday too so fingers crossed it will be even better from here on out :)

Breakfast
2 x white bread!(10 syns :()
2 x poached eggs

Dinner
Sunday dinner with chicken, carrots, new potatoes and chipolatas

Tea
White boiled rice with chicken, peas, broccoli and asparagus

Snacks
Apple x 1

Drinks
Milk (hexA used in tea)

12 syns used
Starting weight 06/02/17 - 12st 1lb

Weigh in day tomorrow! Excited to see if I've made a difference:D

Week 2
Day 1

Weigh in day! I weighed myself after work today and I am now 11st 10lb 3/4 which is a weight loss of 4lb and 1/4! Really chuffed with myself. I was expecting my naughty few meals here and there to put a halt to everything but it didn't. I'm shocked that it works so well, I don't think I've ever done a diet where I've not really felt like I'm on a diet :D

Breakfast
Alpen light bar (hexB)

Dinner
Boiled rice, courgettes, peas, asparagus with lemon juice and seasonings (free)

Tea
Roast chicken
Mashed carrots and parsnips (1/2 hexA for milk)
Gravy 3tsp (3syns)

Snacks
Apple
Coffee (hexA)
Lindy chocolate bar (10syns)

Syn count - 13/105 for week

Starting weight: 12st 1lb
Current weight: 11st 10lb
Total weight loss: 4lb

I was expecting my naughty few meals here and there to put a halt to everything but it didn't. I'm shocked that it works so well, I don't think I've ever done a diet where I've not really felt like I'm on a diet :D
That really IS the brilliance of SW. It teaches you to eat healthy and to have treats in moderation. :D

Back