Nikki in ??? IT STOPS NOW!

it's a pain as my eyes are bad so i get thin lenses put in to that costs loads. then sunglasses don't go dark enough cause of the thin lenses. costs loads honest! looking at £200-£300 for a pair of glasses. then when it rains it's a pain, when you sweat they fall off your nose, steam up when you come in from the cold!

Hi Nikki,

My DH's eyes are so bad that when I once asked the optometrist what his prescription was -- he said, "Well, I considered writing a prescription for a seeing eye dog!" His glasses are pricy for the same reason -- to get lenses that are not heavy and thick they cost a mint. And they get scratched so easily even with the protective coating. And then they slide when he perspires, etc. Plus, as he has gotten older he needs bi-focals and he has varifocals and they are pain to learn how to use. Poor guy.

@Sal -- Well done on the 9 days! I'm impressed.

@Nikki -- Don't you wish they'd call when a class is cancelled?

I hope you two have a good day.

Mel

Hi, hope you don't mind me interrupting!
I had my eyes done nearly 9 yrs ago, best thing I ever did! After the op my eyes felt a little scratchy, they tell you just to go to bed and rest/sleep, the following day I was fine, wore clear lens glasses for a few days for protection from wind, dust etc and my eyesight was excellent immediately. I would imagine technology has improved even more since I had mine done. Not sure how much it costs now but it was the best £1000 I ever spent!

Thanks Cheryl -- I am so sold on the idea of having DH do this.

Mel

Just started SS 5 days ago. Can you have tea with sugar when on SS?.. if sugar is recommended what type will be best?

Just started SS 5 days ago. Can you have tea with sugar when on SS?.. if sugar is recommended what type will be best?

Welcome to the forum, General.

Not that I think Nikki will care, but you posted your question in someone's diary. A better place to post a question would be to go on the home page, select all diets, scan down to the CD forum (if you are on CD), then go to the general section -- and start a new thread with your question in the title. Then, you are likely to get loads of responses.

However, I will give you my answer to this question (also once you post on the thread you are subscribing to that thread. So, if you go to the homepage and click on usercp it will show you all the threads you to whichi you are subscribing.

The answer is:

No sugar ever. You can use tablet articial sweetners (like the splenda tabs). The powder artificial sweetners can stop you from going into ketosis.

Are you in ketosis? You can check your urine with Ketostix available from Tescos' pharmacy for about 5 pounds for a container. I hope your CWPC explained a ketogenic diet to you, etc. If not post some questions on the forum and also look for the "sticky"s at the top of most forums that explain a FAQs (frequently asked questions).

Good Luck.

Mel

P.S. Sorry for the hijack, Nikki.

Hiya Nikki how're you doing? Hope you're having a good weekend so far! I've had a real lazy day today, did nothing all day, just done Shred and had a cool shower because I sweat buckets!!! Just settling down with a bottle of water :rolleyes: to watch a film. Im nights tomorrow night so not got much planned tomorrow either.

helllllloooooooo. been busy - don't know what doing though! :)

went to see about getting my eyes zapped today. can do it but it's £1895 an eye so almost £4000 ouch.

got zumbathon tomorrow. looks set to chuck it down. going to get soaked through.

Hi Nikki --

The quote sounds about what I've heard. But, check out a few other prices and look for promotional offers.

How did the Zumbathon go?

I hope your Father's Day is going well.

Mel

the zumbathon was amazing. i loved it. had a couple of people ask me where i teach, another saying it was brilliant and thanks. i like the idea of optical express cause i knew 2 people who've had it done there with excellent results. when you ask people where they got their eyes done optical express is always the name i hear!

the zumbathon was amazing. i loved it. had a couple of people ask me where i teach, another saying it was brilliant and thanks.

What a compliment!

i like the idea of optical express cause i knew 2 people who've had it done there with excellent results. when you ask people where they got their eyes done optical express is always the name i hear!

... with something like this -- it is best to go with someplace you have confidence in being good.

Glad to read that the Zumbathon went well.

Mel

Nikki just had a look for your jai ho vid on fb and can't find it, where should I look?

in my profile. i'll have a look and try to put it into your profile. it's only a few secs long. i'm not on it cause i'm up there teaching it but you can see people are following me. :)

put it on your profile now sally!

I texted Pauline and she said there's no probs with me and a couple of others joining her class at JC. It's so convenient for me so I'm pleased :) starting next week because I'm at work til 7 tomorrow :( Thanks for letting me know she's got a bigger place :) oh and I said I know you, didn't say where from though lol.

brill :) she's really fab!

well. day 1 810 - :( not 810 as such!

had 1100 cals. found it hard today. mind i did do 2 zumbas. one as a participant and one as a teacher! so probably burn about 700 cals there.

day 2 810 - going to do it today.... honest! please!

810, in my dreams! very very stressful day! just want to eat! :( bl**dy kids! dude cried for 20 mins on a 30 min drive from the gym to home that should have taken 15 mins max, traffic problems and ems was driving him round the bend by teasing him! one of many many many things she did since picking her up from school at 11.40am! i didn't get to zumba tonight, hubby forgot, thought it was on on thursday!

810, in my dreams! very very stressful day! just want to eat! :( bl**dy kids! dude cried for 20 mins on a 30 min drive from the gym to home that should have taken 15 mins max, traffic problems and ems was driving him round the bend by teasing him! one of many many many things she did since picking her up from school at 11.40am! i didn't get to zumba tonight, hubby forgot, thought it was on on thursday!

It does get better... one day they'll leave home! ;) Most moms have had days like this... I have sat and cried because of the kid stress.

That's it mel, so depressed I just want to stay in bed and cry!

Back