Non Scale Victories (stolen from another forum)

I have an engagement ring and wedding ring that my late uncle gave to his wife. He was killed only a couple of years after (this was WAY before I was born) and she remarried, but kept the rings. Since I'm the only female relative (apart from my mum) she gave them to me for my 18th birthday and I wore them (on my right hand) for the next 15 years...

I had to stop about 5 years ago, when (as well as putting on weight) I got a swelling on that finger. Doctor reckoned it was a cyst, but surgery would be way too dangerous, so I had to just leave it. There was no way I wanted to wear these rings on my left hand, so they've just been stuck in a box... :(

The swelling is still there a bit, but I've now lost so much extra that it doesn't matter and I can get them back on again anyway! :woohoo:

Edited to add: ...and they are NEVER coming off again!

Honestly.... i used to feel really uncomforatble knowing i was squishing the person next to me.... Yet today.... its felt sooooo good to be the person being squished.... lol....

Small things!!!

I think i need 'small' gloves at work rather than 'medium'

: )

Dont think i have ever had a size small anything lol...
Deezer i have been noticing the same thing! At work i have to wear gloves for personal cares ect, and have noticed that the medium gloves are a little big! who would of thought your hands loose weight!

Deezer i have been noticing the same thing! At work i have to wear gloves for personal cares ect, and have noticed that the medium gloves are a little big! who would of thought your hands loose weight!

you just wait i have gone down 1 and a half shoe sizes who would have thought that would happen lol

No way!! Really?? x

really really, weird isn't it I never realised before that i had fat feet obviously i did lol

Pandev well done :) my jeans are getting baggy but havnt tried any of my old ones yet ..can't wait tho ..some are years old but good news they don't go out of fashion x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh it's amazing....I can easily fit three fingers on one fret of my guitar now but I really struggled before!

Dx

I'm trying to learn the guitar .can't wait to be able to strum a tune :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes I'm just a learner too! Finding I can get my right arm over the thing better now as there's no tummy in way!
X

I'm looking forward to seeing my feet without bending over. Most of my weight is on my stomach and ribcage so when I stand up straight I can't see me feet! :(

Considering that I started this diet for health reasons (no that I'm not loving being able to wear smaller clothes!), this is a non- scale victory that I guess I really should post........

Went for a monthly review of my BP this morning and it has dropped so much that the Doc has taken me OFF one of my hypertension tablets!

The next victory will be when she can take the reading without changing the standard cuff for a larger one!

xx

Nice one Denise! That's fab news! Your circulatory system is so loving you these days! Keep up the great work.

x S

I have realised this too .. whether it be when i have lost or gained in the past. Fat just deposits everywhere on the body ... horrible lol.

OMGoodness! You're RIGHT!
I had put the fact that my newest trainers (elastic laces) were now sooooo much easier to put on, down to
a) less belly to stop me reaching my feet
b) the trainers 'giving' with use

...... Now I realise that my feet are slimmer!

Who'da thunk!

OMGoodness! You're RIGHT!
I had put the fact that my newest trainers (elastic laces) were now sooooo much easier to put on, down to
a) less belly to stop me reaching my feet
b) the trainers 'giving' with use

...... Now I realise that my feet are slimmer!

Who'da thunk!

Haha ... it is so weird where the fat deposits isn't it. The worst place i think it deposits is the back of the neck and at the top of the back ... it looks hideous. Well all fat does but it looks deformed there.

Maybe it's just me lol.

Back