Snow's umpteenth weight loss thread

Haha the chicken is just seasoned and fried and served with Japanese mayonnaise, the bulgogi is meat and veg marinated in dark soy, ginger and garlic server on a hot plate with chilli paste. Sort of like an Asian fajita but with lettuce wraps instead of a carby one. (I think this is korean not japanese) but either way it was lovely.

Today I had hotel breakfast of bacon, scrambled eggs and a sausage for breakfast but lunch and dinner remain a mystery!

The training is a bit dull but i suspected it would be. Not the fault if the training to be honest We're being trained on a business intelligence tool that I used a different version of in my last job so i know most if it but my boss wanted me to go in case of any changes etc and it is working with different data so it's good to get an oversite I suppose.

The lunch at training was sandwiches so i picked meat/cheese options and took off one half of the bread. They were those little triangles so i had at most one slice of bread. And some berries even though there is cake. So some carbs but things could be worse. There is a co-op next to the premier inn so i will see if I can get something better to bring with me tomorrow.

We tried for another Japanese place tonight but it was closed so we went to a South Indian place that was nearby.
I had the below. (I got these descriptions off their online menu they seem like good choices.)
CHEERA ERACHI CURRY
This is our chef's signature dish. Tender pieces of lamb cooked in fresh spinach, aromatic spices, turmeric, red chillies and onions. (gluten free
VEG STEW (V/N)
Mix vegetables cooked in a creamy coconut sauce with ginger and fresh curry leaves.

No rice or bread tonight. But my colleague who who has lived in South India (And what seems like everywhere else. He's been all over) was chatting with the staff and we got given free dessert which I had a single spoonful of. (It was very sweet milky cardamom flavoured dessert and tasting it only made me want it more.)

Yumthat lamb in particular sounds lovely!

I've discovered there's an Indian takeaway in the shops around the corner from me - it only opens in the evening, which is why I haven't clocked it before. What's a low cal Indian option? :)

It was a very nice mix as the veg was creamy compared to.the lamb which was very spicy but in a flavourful way.

I think chicken tikka or tandoor cooked prawns is the lowest. Most of the sauces will have quite a bit of ghee even not sweet and high cal like masala.

I've seen things on line saying you can keep calories lower by picking a veg packed curry and leaving the sauce and eating the veggies out if it. Chicken and prawn curries are lower than lamb or beef generally. Or if it's local and you may be using a lot you could ask if they have any sauces rhat don't use ghee or use less?

Back on training today and then straight for the train and don't get home until 9.

B: premier inn breakfast
L: I have been to the co-op and have precooked bacon, cheese and sugar free jelly.
D: same as lunch unless I can get a bunless burger in the short window between training and train.

Allowed on nearly every diet is chicken tikka.

The training finished early. I have a meatball bowl from subway to eat on the train and.might be home.by 8 woo. I suspect the meatballs in subway have quite a bit of.filler and the sauce will have sugar but I'm counting it a victory I bought neither a foot long or a cookie.

Ended up getting home 15 mins before the original train because of delays 15 mins is 15 mins! I was knackered yesterday though.

Friday's food
B:IF
L: Bacon and cheese
D: low carb wrap with mexican chicken, cheese and avacado

Snacks: no added sugar jelly, sugar free sweets

Today

L: Almond waffle, bacon and zero maple syrup
D: Beef stew in slow cooker

I've been havinng some palava with the slim noodles. I'd looked on amazon and seen a pack of 5 for £7.40 but when i ordered it somehow became a pack of 1? I wonder if there was more than one seller and i picked the wrong one. So I was extremely annoyed but then that was damaged in transit and amazon refunded me. Then I went back to amazon and ordered a definite pack of 5. That arrived today but was also damaged in transit but they didn't notice (the box was all soggy) I opened it and found 1 of the packs had burst but 4 were fine. So i went on amazon where they claimed it was non refundable so I had to speak to customer service where for the inconvenience they refunded the lot so I have some free slim noodles for my troubles.

I bought some off amazon because I had a credit balance off Christmas gift cards though I have that seller marked for after pay day. I mean I now have my gift card balance back and am looking at gadgets

Yesterday
L: bunless burgers, cheese and sugar free ketchup
D: Beef stew again

Snacks: Nicks chocolate coconut bar,
cream and raspberries

1lb off today! It's a loss but I don't seem to be putting much of a dent in that Christmas gain!

Put yesterdays food and forgot todays!

L: LC Wrap with cheese, chicken, lettuce and mayo
D: almond flour waffle and bacon

S: nicks's chocolate

Annoying that all the amazon parcels are burst. I wait until Holland and Barrett have s 1 cent sale and then get skinny noodles

I seem to remember you posting on mine, a pound is a pound :) - celebrate every loss x

Oooh so what gadget do you have in mind?

Good point, well made! I was hoping it was water from eating carbs and it would woosh off but it seems not. Just have to stick with it.

I was looking at a milk frother (for making coffees from cream etc even though I am not a big coffee fan) so I talked myself out of that and now I want a tortilla press because low carb wraps ahve been great but they are pricey, and also I think home mades ones could be even lower carb.

Annoying that all the amazon parcels are burst. I wait until Holland and Barrett have s 1 cent sale and then get skinny noodles
I do love the 1p sale but I am too impatient to wait.

Today's food

B: IF
L: low carb wrap the same as yesterday with some crisp made out of cheese and guacamole
D: Cheese bun thing I got from the low carb and keto bakery topped with hot pepperoni.

S: no added sugar chocolate

I am pretty set on one now. Making mybown tortillas! I did also see a while ago that this is better/cheaper than shop bought tortillas in general.

Yesteday

L: low carb wrap with pepperoni and bacon
D: slow cooker beef curry with skinny noodles

Snacks: peanut butter and diabetic jam on toast using my latest attempt at low carb bread.

Today

L: portion of slow cooker beef stew
D: chicken wings and salad

Snacks
More toast

I said on Instagram that all my low carb bread looks better than it tasted and thisis true of this one too but it definitely is the best one. It tastes like dry cake that hasn't been sweetened but you know not overwhelmingly of flaxseed so a step up. 1g of carbs per slice!

20200122_212606.jpg

20200122_225903.jpg

Last edited:
Gosh this has seemed a long week. And I have stuff on at the weekend when I really prefer to stay in with my kindle (life of the party me)

L: leftovers from last night chicken wings and stir fry
D: not sure yet. It is payday so trying to work out what would be a healthy/allowed take /eating out.

Snacks: cheese, protein bar

Back