Statistics - What size are you at what weight?

I'm 5'4(& a half) & weigh 11st 5.5lb. I'm, currently a 12 top & 14 bottom.

Even when I weighed 13st I was a 12/14 top & a 14/16 bottom whereas I've read lots of stories where people weigh the same as my starting weight but are a much bigger size. I've never quite got it!

ermintrude said:
I was thinking how different these sizes all seem :confused:

Shirleen is almost the same height AND SIZE as me but weighs 18st 6.5lb whereas I weigh 22 st 4.5lb! 4 stone less than me but the same size?!?! :confused: :sigh:

And X Kelly X is almost identical to me in both height/weight but is a size smaller than me.

I dont get it :sigh:

I don't get that either but I am a total pear shape, I lost a bit on my shoulders and arms and my legs but all my weight is concentrated on my tummy and the back of my hips and bum ( lots of junk in my trunk lol). In fact from the front my figure is nearer an 18. I turn sideways and I look a size 26! I have no weight to lose round my ribs and nominal back fat! My knees are a little bit chubby but no fat on my calves or wrists. Oh and no boobs!!! So it could be weight distribution?

ahh that makes sense, somewhat

see i have an hourglass shape- and it's like I am pretty well proportioned, just fat...if that makes sense- everything is evenly distributed- all of me is big lol.

My chest-waist-hips were 51-45-53, and they're now 47-38.5-51- so i'm not losing it as evenly as I would like....but I'm getting there- I'm sure my bum will catch up eventually! My thighs have gone from 34" to 30" (just under) too :D

It is quite fun to see how we all differ.. even my mum and I vary wildly in build - so I'm really pleased to see we are all individuals!!

Wish I had taken my measurements when I started - gosh :wow:littlebubblez, your waist is really shrinking!!

PS.... loving your blog x

Last edited:
I am 5'9" and 11stone 9 lbs

I am a 12 top and 12 bottom

34dd-29-36

I agree with sizes differing in different shops. Topshop and river island are the worst

Xx

5' 5" and 12st 6lbs. A size 14 bottom (or VERY stretchy size 12 jeans or jeggings) and size 16-18 top, but I have always been top heavy.

Do you have problems getting jeans/trousers too Sinead??!!

My height of 6' 1" same weight/size as you

I have a beautiful statuesque friend who is 6' 2" with the most amazingly long legs and she can only get trousers from Long Tall Sally :sigh:

Yes I find it a nightmare finding good fitting trousers! Never heard of this sallyshop? Sometimes I find tall trousers too long or not a good fit on the waist! Def can't wait to get down to a 16-18! I would be happy being a 14 at my height!

I am 14st 9.5 and just over 5' (only diddy,me! Lol) I'm a size 16/18 on top and an 18 on the bottom, though I did recently get a pair of 16's from Dotty P's. They're a but snug but still OK! :D

Yes I find it a nightmare finding good fitting trousers! Never heard of this sallyshop? Sometimes I find tall trousers too long or not a good fit on the waist! Def can't wait to get down to a 16-18! I would be happy being a 14 at my height!

Here ya go Sinead

LINK

5 ft 8 14st 6 at last wi last tues and a 16 top & bottom

I don't get that either but I am a total pear shape, I lost a bit on my shoulders and arms and my legs but all my weight is concentrated on my tummy and the back of my hips and bum ( lots of junk in my trunk lol). In fact from the front my figure is nearer an 18. I turn sideways and I look a size 26! I have no weight to lose round my ribs and nominal back fat! My knees are a little bit chubby but no fat on my calves or wrists. Oh and no boobs!!! So it could be weight distribution?

Yeah maybe, Im pretty huge all over, but it kicks off big time below my waist, my arse is HUGE and so are my thighs... :( My legs are pretty big all the way down.

Ha ha you look like an 18 from the front :D I look a 28 all the way around :D

Got measured the other day, Im

Hip: 158cm = 62"
Waist: 134cm = 53"
Under bust: 116cm = 46"
Bust: 133cm = 52.5"

Is that how you do it? Not which bits you measure so I had to guess. I found some measurements I made 3 years ago:
57" bust
56" waist
66" hip

so that's cool to see it go down! :) God knows what I was even a year ago as I put a lot on since those measurements! :eek:

Also, loks like my boobs are shrinking which is odd as I swear they're the one bit that hasn't changed :confused:

This is a really interesting thread, so this is where I decided to put my first post.

I'm 5 foot 2.5,
Weight 19st12 (as of last tues)
Size 22-24 on top, 24-26 on bottom (not blessed with much boobage!)

I've never worn a 16, I wonder what that would tally with weight wise on me, as everything is on my ample tummy and face / bingowings etc!

I'm 5'4(& a half) & weigh 11st 5.5lb. I'm, currently a 12 top & 14 bottom.

Even when I weighed 13st I was a 12/14 top & a 14/16 bottom whereas I've read lots of stories where people weigh the same as my starting weight but are a much bigger size. I've never quite got it!
I agree, Im 13st at the moment and still 16 bottom and top,, I did just buy a next dress though and had to get a 14... and when I was a stone heavier I was an 18, whereas there seems to be alot of people several stones larger than me but a size 16? strange!

Back