STS Support Group

Well done on your loss 2lbs overnight that is great! V Jealous... !! :) I can safely say I am not going to make my november targer :( boo and that's with going to the gym, swimming and walks! Also no veg and mainly living off shakes, bars and soup! grrr I lost 1.5lbs since sunday, which is okay and shouldnt moan as its not a sts but was really hoping to get to 4lbs this week which would bring my loss up to a stone. Oh well :( Urgh created this nov target thread and I failed! Or.... can I weigh up to the 30th of Nov? or is it just my official weigh in date? cause technically I only got 4 weigh in's in nov.... okay I am sooo clutching at straws haha :) Just annoyed cause of me doing all the excercise not cheating and basically will loose as much as last week when I cheated and did hardly any excercise!! Grrr having my break in 1 week for my bday next fri.. looking forward to it and nervous! Back on it mon after :)

Well yes 2lb overnight is great but im not so keen on the 7 days sts before it

Well done on your loss, our bodies just done seem to make sense sometimes do they ?

I think a november challenge ends on the last day of november doesnt it , thats what i intend to do anyway , but then i am a daily weigher , gives me more chance of reaching my goal because its going to be a struggle if not impossible

its my birthday on the 6th and my parents have just told me they will be coming over for the day and taking me out to dinner , great but i really worried , is it possible to have just one meal out and get straight back on it , i now ill have to get back into ketosis but i did that last week with not too much bother

i really dont want to spend my birthday dinner counting carbs :sigh:

Well I won't be counting anything that's for sure! I wont be going crazy, but my husband is making me dinner on my actual birthday and going for lunch with my family the next day, I will enjoy it and worry about it from the Mon! I am expecting a gain, so I dont really mind I always knew I was going to gain my bday weekend. When I was doing WW I did the exact same, took the gain then get back to working it off after. Its not every weekend we have a birthday is it! I suspect It will take me another week to loose it (or more!)but originally I was going to stop the vlcd after my bday but figured that its quicker to go back on and try and loose any damage I did! Will do the same after christmas too! :)

Sounds like a plan, we still have to enjoy our lives after all and there will always be something happening that can send us off plan , I did consider going off plan on the 17th until the New Year but fear that would cause too much damage

Ive got my birthday lunch on the 4th

a weekend away visiting santa with friends 17/18th

christmas at my parents

and new year , a 2 day stay in a hotel with friends

I have a feeling December is going to be a very tricky month , but im going to have a hell of alot of fun

that totals 7 days out of 31 of "normal" eating , if I lost 8-10lb in December with all that going on Id be thrilled to be honest and then will start 100% with a vengeance on Jan 2nd

You know I would actually be happy coming out of christmas and new year the same weight I am at the start of December. I think it will be case of firefighting with me, put it on, loose it, put it on and loose it! What with my bday christmas nights out and christmas. If I didnt do that I would def be heavier come the start of Jan!

Suze, the Nov target ends on the 30th for sure! Actually my WI day is 30th but you can be damn sure I'd be doing an extra WI on the 30th if it wasn't. :)

Phoenix and Suze, definitely enjoy yourselves but make sure we see you back. Too many people on here disappear forever after they break ketosis for nights out :( I've got my office Xmas night out in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to it and won't be worrying about ketosis but I will try to get straight back on track.

Oh dont you worry im going all the way to the end , I think its just about being realistic , I think if I spent December and all the festivities denying myself while everyone else indulged then Id definitely feel like giving up completely , whereas if i can prove to myself that you can indulge now and then and still stay on track , whether that be losing or maintaining then it will give me the mindset that im going to need for the rest of my life

I definitely do not want to go through this again

how about we make a pact to post something on here every day in december whether we are on or off plan just so we dont dissappear and lose focus , maybe we can start a new thread , "Im still here "

I like the "I'm still here idea!" x

I like the idea too! I shall still be posting, just not sure if I want to say my weight all the time haha :) I will still be on mat leave :)

STS today again :( I dont think my body wants to go below 14st 13.5lbs :)

Other thing is and a bit TMI but I have a contraceptive implant and have had it since June (never had one prior to this) never had TOTM till about 3 weeks ago and its been constantly on and off since then :( not bad or anything but just a bit annoying. Have googled and searched on here and appears others have experienced the same thing on VLCD's to do with hormones etc. Any of you's had that?

Still the same this am - ie up 0.4lb from my WI :(. 5 days to go until WI. Just hope I can shift some before then or my 4 stone total target for Xmas will be under threat.

OMG, if any of you ladies are STS then I can highly reccomend Dulcolax pico perles. I had felt a bit blocked for the past week so decided to do something about it. On Thursday night I took 4 of these little pills and by Friday morning they worked. When I woke up this morning I was 4lbs lighter overnight. :eek: I am shocked to say the least and I still have four days till weigh day, so this could be my best weight loss week yet:rotflmao:

wow I soooo need that I have been once in 3 weeks im not even kidding i feel like Im having a baby , I will certainly be on a mission today

It cant be good for you storing everything you have eaten for so long , the maddening thing is that I have always suffered with constipation but in the last couple of years with changes to my diet I had actually made great improvements , so this diet feels like it has undone all my good work

where did you get them from?

Wow midnight, that's some blockage! :eek: but really good news re the 4lb! :clap: I'm scared to try Dulcolax again as when I tried it before it made me have such bad stomach cramps I ended up lying in bed. I only took 1 although I don't think it was the perles. Might use them again as a last resort though.

Lost a big fat 0.2lbs this am of the 0.4 I put on since WI so still 0.2lbs heavier than 3 days ago. Grr! :mad:

Phoenix, I got them from tesco, they were £3.00 for 20, the dosage is 2-4 depending on how blocked you are so I thought I'd go for the 4 just in case I had more than a weeks blockage. Which apparently it was:rolleyes:

Borders. The Pico perles are supposed to be gentler on the stomach than normal Dulcolax with no cramping. I must admit I did have mild cramping just before I went, but once I had been it was immediately gone and I felt a whole lot better :D

Right, they'll be first on the list when I next get to the shops! I'm even keeping a record now of when I last managed to go! Last action Tuesday night, so hopefully things will start moving soon! I usually lose a bit once I manage to go (but not 4lbs!).

Back