STS Support Group

Yeah, needs must :). I know that taking laxatives regularly isn't ideal and ordinarily people are asked to look at their diet to try to correct the problem but we can't adjust our diets when on this VLCD. It's something I suffered from badly last time too and I know that it corrects itself as soon as I refeed. Usually I'm as regular as clockwork so I know it's not a long term thing and I just have to deal with it for now. Just taken some senna and hope to 'go' tonight or tomorrow. If it's tomorrow it will have been a whole week. Fingers crossed it helps with the weight loss!

Got a couple of days off work (well kind of - they've contacted me 3 times already and I have to log on and do something else this afternoon :rolleyes:) so I won't be straying too far from the loo just in case :p

I decided I'd go and do a bit of a clothes clear out this afternoon to see what I might be able to wear next and when. I had 3 black bin liners stuffed full of clothes in a cupboard so I had a look at what was in them. OMG, it was piles of 'thin' clothes. I had no idea I had bought so many when I got to goal last time. I have about 10 pairs of work trousers, more than a dozen work shirts, 4 pairs of nice jeans, loads of casual tops and a stack of shorts, skinny tee-shirts, strappy tops and bikinis :eek: that I took to Jamaica with me. They look so small and I'm still a country mile away from getting into any of them but hopefully next Feb/Mar. Mind you I can foresee a shopping trip coming up when I'm at goal .......

Ooh I totally know what you mean about 'thin' clothes - I've got enough of them to dress half of London... but I still intend to do a lot more shopping when I get to goal ;) The nearer you get to goal - the more fun clothes shopping is!

I've been a bit down about so many STS moments over the last month (STS again today) but I just realised that I'm only 1lb from being in the normal bmi section - so it's not that surprising that things will be slow now. Sadly these bmi things are a bit silly really - at the top end of the normal bmi range I'm definately too big, whereas I know girls who look stunning but you'd never guess that they're actually slightly into the overweight bmi range!

I think I could swallow slower losses a bit more if I was near BMI normal but I'm still firmly in the middle of obese 1 and still getting horrendously slow losses :(. I was down a whole 0.2lbs this am making a fantastic (not!) 1lb so far this week, and it's now 7 days since I last managed to 'go' despite the senna. Actually I don't really feel like I need to go to be honest.

WI tomorrow but not expecting much more than where I am today. Need 3 decent losses in the next 3 weeks to get to my Xmas goal but with my office Xmas party a week on Friday that's looking a bit dodgy. Really feeling like I need a bit of a break now to kick start my metabolism. Hopefully when I start back after Xmas things will pick up.

Don't fret - you're still getting there and once you reach goal it will seem like it was only a short time in comparison to spending the rest of your life slim ;) And a loss is a loss - even if it's 0.2lbs it's still a move in the right direction!

OK, so I've taken a Dulcolax (one of the normal ones, not one of the perles as I don't have those). Coming up to 8 days without going is too long I think! Bet it makes me feel bad though (they did last time I tried them years ago). Just hope it does something by morning though as I'm back to work then and I just can't get caught short on the train! :eek:

Good luck , hope things get moving

i took 1 perle last night hoping to go today making it every 3 days but no joy

so ive just taken 2 more

hoping to get the dosage right for a long term plan

Looks like I should have taken 2 (the box with the dosage written on it disappeared long ago). Better go and subject myself to another one!

5 hours after taking the Dulcolax and nothing has happened. I hope it happens soon and not in the middle of the night, or worse nothing happens by morning and I get caught out on the train :eek:

I had a 'fed up with being constipated' moment and ordered a stack of stuff. Quite a few people seem to rate Movicol so I ordered some of that, more senna and some Dulcolax pico perles. I ordered ibuprofen, paracetamol and various other bits that I keep in the first aid box to make the order up to free delivery and then had to fill in a load of info regarding what conditions I will be using this stuff for. From what I've ordered it probably appears as if I will be taking an overdose if I don't cure the constipation :)

And now I'm reading various posts on Minimins about how Dulcolax is the work of the devil and people have had a terrible time when they start to work. Still nothing happening and after what I've just read I hope it stays that way!

Oh it defo will and prob through the night now. Says,on it to take at night before bed so you go in the morn so i reckon bout 9/10hrs. Good luck and hope the cramps arent too bad x

I've used psyllium husks every day since I started this diet but they don't seem to do anything for me I'm afraid :(.

The stomach cramps woke me just before 6 and lasted about 15 minutes before everything worked. Being a weighing addict I weighed myself before and after and lost a whole pound in a matter of seconds :). Not quite as impressive as midnight's 4lb loss! So that's a bit better for WI and makes a total of 2.2lbs this week, so I've crept in over the 2lb mark and improved my mood a little :).

Well done on your weight loss Boarders. I think we can all thank Dulcolax this week for added help in the weight loss department. :rotflmao:

The stomach cramps woke me just before 6 and lasted about 15 minutes before everything worked. Being a weighing addict I weighed myself before and after and lost a whole pound in a matter of seconds :). Not quite as impressive as midnight's 4lb loss! So that's a bit better for WI and makes a total of 2.2lbs this week, so I've crept in over the 2lb mark and improved my mood a little :).

It's definitely a lot more brutal than senna! I feel slimmer today having 'gone' for the first time in 8 days and am wearing a pair of trousers that were too tight last week :).

Oh that must be such a relief i had a terrible time last night , diarrhoea in the middle of the night , not good and not the result I was after , should have stuck to just the one

Am thinking I might just have 4 once a week as that didnt result in stinging diarrhoea , or is it worth looking into bran everyday to up the fibre and try to do it naturally , will have to see how many carbs and calories are in it

Oh dear this seems to be turning into a different thread altogether

Anyway sts this morning which gives me a loss of 3.2 this week which is ok but not great considering i was sts last week

I have to confess i was very naughty last night and ate quite a few things i shouldnt have was actually quite out of control and scared me a bit , really dont want this to become a regular thing its going to really affect my losses and its becoming a weekly thing

I dont know if it is knowing that several planned breaks are round the corner , Im at a loss really

I just feel hungry all the time , even when Im in ketosis I still get the hunger pains , its really annoying , feeling very sorry for myself today:cry:

Last edited:
You do need to be very careful with laxatives - they're for when you are direly backed up rather than to be used as a preventative measure I'm afraid. Do be careful! Also, note that some of the loss may be a loss of water that will quickly be replaced when you rehydrate. Sorry, not trying to rain on the parade :eek:

Anyways, Phoenix - I know what you mean. Knowing that I have lots of planned breaks from diet is making it a little harder to keep in the foodpack only frame of mind! You're very near goal - have you thought about switching to Add a meal? So a small protein meal in addition to the mealpacks. You never know, it might make a difference?

Well done on the trousers Borders! I like to see my losses by clothes rather than scales (especially when I STS).

Lost 1.2lbs this morning when I was certain I'd gained (don't know why, just felt bloated). Very pleased - I'll take what I can get!

Got a real bargain on eBay - must check out their auctions more often! Got 87 Bariatrix products for £33! Mainly chocolate shakes with some lemon bars etc - but that's about 37p an item. I need to get some more spag bol but all in all I'm well stocked for a long time to come ;)

Lol Lucysera that's hilarious I was watching that item but forgot to bid!!

Back