STS Support Group

Maybe i need to write down when I go , i honestly cant remember its been so long , ok i know you are supposed to take them at night but i just took 4 , dont see the point in waiting hopefully ill get some action before bed

Phoenix it took me approx 11 hours from taking them until I started to get crampy. On the box it states 6-12 hours, so you may be up at midnight depending on what time you took them, or if you're lucky you should be cleared by 8pm lol. Hope all goes well for you and you can report a massive loss tomorrow :D

Oh geez well fingers crossed you don't get any cramps with them as defo could ruin your saturday! I have tried the odd duxolax but always at night so your not awake for the stomach pains and even then can wake me :(

jeez phoenix it sounds like waiting for a bomb to go off! Look forward to you reporting that you've given birth by morning :D.

OMG guys stop putting all this pressure on me lol:D

Ill feel like such a failure if i dont drop a few pounds now:eek:

Im used to the cramps , been getting them with lactulose anyway , ooo i hope they are not too bad , im a bt scared now , good job im not going out tonight , could be very embarrassing

Feeling better? ;) :) :p :sick0019:

:eek:Yes thankyou

it took 5 hours to work , and I had awful cramps for 5 minutes and then I simply had to go , so definitely not to be taken if you need to go out anywhere

Ill let you now how it affects my weight tomoro but my wings fell off yesterday in quite a big way :break_diet:, so Im not expecting anything to be honest , I feel better for sure though:)

:eek:Yes thankyou

it took 5 hours to work , and I had awful cramps for 5 minutes and then I simply had to go , so definitely not to be taken if you need to go out anywhere

Ill let you now how it affects my weight tomoro but my wings fell off yesterday in quite a big way :break_diet:, so Im not expecting anything to be honest , I feel better for sure though:)

Glad everything went smoothly and that you finally found some relief. I am almost positive you will see a weight loss tomorrow. :D

I've finally dropped below the weight I was at WI last Wed, and am 0.2lbs lighter :sigh: having been 100%, and only having had the veggies 1 day :cry:. 3 more days until WI, hoping I can at least lose a little more by then. So damn close to 'being in the 13s', yet so far. Grr, grr and more grr!!! :mad:

Yes I did see a loss of 1.2 , I think it would have been more to be honest but i had a mini binge on friday which knocked me out of ketosis and im holding water

so Im still trying to get back into ketosis and lose the extra water too and hope to lose the last little bit by wednesday to reach my november target

it is quite frightening to think that our bodies can hold onto so much food and explains my sts last week but Im at a bit of a loss now as to how to try and maintain regular no 2s and stop it happening again

Reckon you should maybe try 1 perle every couple of days and report back :). If that doesn't do anything maybe up the dose until it does. Maybe you'd have got away with a couple if you hadn't been so many days without going? Ideally I'd like to 'go' at least every 3 days but it's been 5 now and I don't think anything will happen today!

Entirely forgot that I had agreed to go with my boyfriend to a pre-Christmas brunch some of his friends were throwing - didn't even have a chance to plan out an emergency plan. I'm actually surprised that he remembered, usually it's entirely my responsibility to organise us both ;) Anyway, made the best of a food-filled situation - had some scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and a little fruit (but also a large slice of sourdough toast and butter...) and haven't eaten anything else for the rest of the day so hoping the scales will take pity on me tomorrow! Suppose it would have been better to stay carb-free, but I had a great time and that's also worth a lot!

Agreed Lucy. It's all about balance. I don't see the point in being miserable on this diet so that means a few meals off for special occasions but mostly keeping to the script otherwise we won't get anywhere. If I'm constantly miserable I know I won't stick to it.

I ended up having 3 asparagus spears tonight with my pack. Not having the veg doesn't seem to have made any difference this week so sod it I had some veg tonight. This diet really is a rollercoaster of emotions as you go through the highs of good weeks and the lows of bad ones. I'm on a low currently but I guess the only way from there is up! :)

I couldnt do this diet without the veg , it really bulks out my evening meal

Enjoy Lucy , i fully intend to have a few nights out this month, we have still got to enjoy life after all and if that means it takes a bit longer to get to goal I reckon its worth it

Finally the scales show a small loss. Down 0.6lbs this am making a total of 0.8lbs this week. Not much but I'm getting desperate this week :). 2 days till WI and 6 days since I managed to 'go', so if I get some action in that department maybe things will improve a little by WI.

No gain this morning! Although my indulgence will probably have put me back in the STS club for a few days ;) Probably just as well though otherwise it'd be quite easy to get into a 'small cheat here and there' mindset. Had a shake this morning and planning on soup for lunch and dinner - it's rather chilly today!

Im sts this morning too lucy, well done bordersgirl its still a loss , you definitely need to get those perles

Id love to lose just a little bit more before wednesday, a loss of 4 would be nice after a sts week

Yeah the perles are definitely on my list. Most local supermarket doesn't sell them though and it's a 50 mile round trip to the nearest Tesco so it'll need to wait until I go back to work (got a couple of days off). I can pick some up easily then. Won't be until after WI tho so I will try the senna for the next couple of days.

Im going to try your idea of 1 perle every 3 days and see if i can maintain some kind of normality , although i dont consider having to use laxatives normal but needs must eh?

Back