STS Support Group

Haha! I did wonder if anyone else from here was watching it! I only remembered at the last minute and it was a mad scramble to bid. :)

Haha so funny! Brilliant deal though! X

Phoenix, hope you feel better now. Yes, maybe once a week would be a better bet. Maybe the day before WI? :). I don't think I'm going to take Ducolax again unless I have to although I will try the perles when they arrive as I'm hoping they'll be milder. I definitely need something to help me go. Too difficult with nothing at all. I think I'd still be sat on the loo now :eek:

Wouldn't it be nice to lose a little every day? STS this morning but I did have a good loss the other day so not particularly complaining. I have a massive list of things to do today but I'm going to try and get a nice long walk in too as I've been rather sedentary the last couple of days!

I'd love to lose a little bit each day to keep the motivation going. Unfortunately it never seems to happen like that for me.

Down to 11 4.2 this morning - what's with the sudden restart on the weight loss front over the last few days? Very pleased, and firmly in the normal range now! 2 stone and 4.2 lbs to go still though. I imagine I'll probably have about 2 stone to lose once Christmas etc is over (optimistically! ;) )

That's great Lucy! I'm going to have 2 stone to lose plus whatever I put on over Xmas when I start back after Xmas. I'm feeling like that's going to be achieveable.

7 days to go until my Xmas night out. Looking forward to it but getting nervous about breaking the diet too as I've got into such a good routine.

Only 0.2lb loss this am but a loss is a loss and I'll take it. Next goal will be to stand on the scales in the evening (I do my WI in the am) and be under 13st as I'm usually up to 2lbs heavier in the evening. :)

Last edited:
I've been drinking an awful lot of water the past few days, and I can't help wondering if that's helping things on the losses front? Going to keep it up and see :)

Borders - we're in about the same position then! Maybe we'll even get to goal by March? Just think, by the beginning summer when everyone is thinking about how to lose weight for wearing a bikini we'll already be there and happily maintaining ;)

STS this morning. Must be those broccoli florets I had with my spag bol yesterday :rolleyes:. Still 7.2lbs to go to reach my Xmas target.

Up 0.6lbs this am :(. Haven't managed to 'go' for 7 days tomorrow despite taking senna, so have resorted to the Dulcolax again. Just took 1 this time as 2 was a bit 'explosive' let's say (TMI!) The damn pico perles and movicol still haven't turned up. Ordered them a week ago today and they were only dispatched yesterday. Not ordering from One Click Pharmacy again.

WI tomorrow (hopefully after the Dulcolax has worked its magic) ;)

Up 0.6lbs this am :(. Haven't managed to 'go' for 7 days tomorrow despite taking senna, so have resorted to the Dulcolax again. Just took 1 this time as 2 was a bit 'explosive' let's say (TMI!) The damn pico perles and movicol still haven't turned up. Ordered them a week ago today and they were only dispatched yesterday. Not ordering from One Click Pharmacy again.

WI tomorrow (hopefully after the Dulcolax has worked its magic) ;)

Have you tried those herbal teas that can be useful for getting things moving? Less cramping. No sweating. And from my experience, no "explosives" ;)
Like you, senna does nothing for me and dulcolax was too unpleasant an experience. Tea has been a life-saver since, even before going on this diet, I do have issues in that department anyway.

What's the tea called?

I'm not sure if there's a equivalent in the UK but I first tried this Royal Tea (which is available in the Middle East) on recommendation from a local. Before I started the diet, I was taking one teabag seeped in 150ml hot water twice a week for my "condition" but now I only take it when I need it.

Here's a link showing the one I use although I bought mine in the supermarket:

http://www.21food.com/products/royal-lax-tea-250888.html

The movicol and the pico perles turned up today so I'm going to give those a whirl this week. Failing that I'm going to look around for that tea although it sounds as if it will taste awful! :). Is it senna based, or something else?

On day 5 of my post Christmas restart - lost 2.5lbs first day then since then..........nada :cry:

You'd think the losses would be daily for at least the first week

Sorry, just wanted a whinge. Am very grumpy and sulky :eek:

xx

Toots, I know what that feeling is like only too well :(. I'm doing ok at the moment as I've only just restarted but no doubt it will stop soon. Maybe it's just your body holding water and it'll go in the next few days? Fingers crossed!

same toots , so frustrated , started monday , lost 2lb first day , 1lb second day and since then sts

I would have liked to have at least lost 7lb this first week but looks like it will be more like 4 if Im lucky

maybe I was just too well behaved on my break and as I only put on 5lb throughout december then maybe thats why not a big loss

or maybe im just flaming well constipated again , yes thats it !

only last night i was wondering when the sts club would open up again

Well I hope I stay out of this particular club a while longer, but no doubt I'll be joining soon!

Thanks, Ladies - helps to know that I'm not alone (even though don't want you to be in this little club either!!)

I always have been a slow loser and a quick gainer :rolleyes:

Oh well, just telling myself that if I stay strong is has to come off eventually - even though my body is stubborn the maths has to win out

xx

Back