Student Slimmers!!!

Hi guys, I am in the same situation as you guys except I am starting my journey when I go back and for me I am mentally psycing myself up for it - What good car snacks can you recommend? xxx

Hello everyone been reading your posts, very good group we got here! Uni took its toll on me so badly last year- catered halls full of carbs and gloop, almost unedible which led to hunger.. which led to greasy takeaways, alcohol and a whole load of snacks.

Since summer I have lost a lot and am self-catered this time which will be a lot easier. The problem being I'm such a bad cook. Batchelors low fat noodles (syn free flavours) and mugshots will have to be a staple :S as well as alpen bars as although I would love to make breakfast (cut up melon with yoghurt with a hex b toast is the perfect scenario) but it aint gonna happen with 9am's..or maybe even 10am's haha.

Car snacks = alpen bars, walkers baked (5 syns =25g bag) for crisp emergencies. Some easy grab fruit = banana, satsuma (except for juice flying everywhere), bag of grapes. Carrot sticks are nice if u dont crave a dip! Seafood sticks/crab sticks are syn free if you're into that. chewing gum (minty ones) is synful (i know) but something like 7 pellets for 1 syn (nothing really but will have to double check) These are also good ideas for between lecture snacks, grab and go snacks and exam stress snacks xxx

Hey guys nice to see we have some new people to the group!
Haven't been online for a week naughty me and have been totally all over the place with my diet basically failing to follow my own tips about food at uni haha and it's been so expensive buying food in the canteen at uni so I am preparing ahead from now on!
For tomorrow I've made a Tupperware box of pasta with tuna tinned tomatoes roast red pepper and tomatoes with chilli and garlic and a small salad! Duno if I'll have a chance to eat it as my lectures are over lunch time but it's there so I don't go buying sandwiches or chocolate!
I'm getting back on track and I'm going to stay there!!!!!
Lauren xX

Hey ladies! I have just read through this and I am also in the same boat I have got to a size 12 and I'm a student nurse I have a year left now scary!!! Buy it is stressful on placements full time and trying tI study when your to tired to think so dieting is hard work! I want to get to a size ten and weigh 9-9.5 as I'm 9.12 and can't seem to shift it when you ate close to target it is very hard!
How are you all doing? I'm re starting my sw diet 100% from today as I will admit I have Been off for about 4 weeks now I have just been eating healthy and do the plan about 60% as I thought it might change my weight loss as I've stayed the same weight for months now but it hasn't made a difference so I'm back again!

Hello all!

Well I survived day 1 of uni including crazy commute! I just took healthy snacks with me and I wasn't at all tempted by the stuff in the cafeteria.

I also bought lots of protein bars today: 200 cals and they keep you full for ages with no cravings, so I'm going to put those in my lunch box tomorrow!

I also took your tips and weighed out 30g portions of almonds and chocolate covered raisins for a little snack when I get tired in the library / lecture.

I think I'll probably document how I get on in my diary rather than here so I don't have to type it twice, but just wanted to share the optimism for now!

I feel optimistic about this now :)

How are you guys getting on?

Well I have been back at uni for 3 days and since then have resisted: 1 chinese, 2 takeout pizzas, fudge and cream cakes at the market at the union.
So I'm feeeling quite positive. Going out tonight, but have enough syns for a glass of wine before we go out, and will stick to diet coke after that.
Been sticking to my meal plan so far, which I reckon will also help me save money as well as lose weight!

I synned!!!! Oh there is always chocolate cakes and biscuits in the staff room! And today I caved, I did only have a handful of minstrels and some cheddars but even this will take me over my syns! Oh well I will not cave tomo I had good intentions and made a vege curry but the microwave wasnt working and it wasn't nice cold so I was starving!

Hey everyone! So I'm going to uni tommorow and for dinner I had a lamb chops as takeaway with salad, however the chops were seasoned quite heavily and came with a box with a lot of oil, oh dear oh dear! Was scrummy though! Gotta be more careful these few coming days!

Have no idea if I'm gonna have to guts to start cooking, so I'll start from mugshots and take it from there.... lool xxx

Sorry its been awhile the internet in my phone has been going funny. Nice to see some new members and plans put in place I find this is key. As for me I start uni on monday and its freshers week but ive got a plans in place. Im living at home so meals most of the time wont be bad and break fast will be fine and the rest of the time I aim to stick to salads and jacket spuds and keep stocked up on free and low syn snacks and the alcohol should not be a problem as a don't drink much xx

Sorry its been awhile the internet in my phone has been going funny. Nice to see some new members and plans put in place I find this is key. As for me I start uni on monday and its freshers week but ive got a plans in place. Im living at home so meals most of the time wont be bad and break fast will be fine and the rest of the time I aim to stick to salads and jacket spuds and keep stocked up on free and low syn snacks and the alcohol should not be a problem as a don't drink much xx

Well I have been back at uni for 3 days and since then have resisted: 1 chinese, 2 takeout pizzas, fudge and cream cakes at the market at the union.
So I'm feeeling quite positive. Going out tonight, but have enough syns for a glass of wine before we go out, and will stick to diet coke after that.
Been sticking to my meal plan so far, which I reckon will also help me save money as well as lose weight!

That's an amazing feat of resistance, Clairebear! I've not had to resist anything yet, really: we're all graduates on a tight budget, so we're all sitting around the cafeteria eating cheap and healthy packed lunches! I'm very relieved about this :)

Snakes and ladders said:
That's an amazing feat of resistance, Clairebear! I've not had to resist anything yet, really: we're all graduates on a tight budget, so we're all sitting around the cafeteria eating cheap and healthy packed lunches! I'm very relieved about this :)

Thankyou :) I weigh in tomorrow, so after my last 2 weeks of gains, I'm hoping for a loss. If I can lose during the first week back, I'll feel confident for the rest of the year! :) at least that's the theory.
I'm finding eating healthily is saving money too :)

Thankyou :) I weigh in tomorrow, so after my last 2 weeks of gains, I'm hoping for a loss. If I can lose during the first week back, I'll feel confident for the rest of the year! :) at least that's the theory.
I'm finding eating healthily is saving money too :)

Yeah, I agree: eating packed lunched is definitely cheaper than eating in the canteen.

Good luck for WI tomorrow! x

Ladies in doing terrible but back in track from today!! It sooo tempting and I'm going out more then I used to!! But here goes back to the gym and back eating proper healthy meals!!
Lauren xX

Its my weigh in tonight and this weeks been better than last week so fingers crossed and im setting myself a 12 week challenge to the count down to christmas to loss at least 1 lb a week :) xx

Hello

I know I'm jumping in a but late but just joined MM this week and nice to see that there are other students in the same boat as me!

My main worry is my friends will always have a coffee and a scone/cookie/etc mid morning and I will have my apple and green tea and they nag at me to eat a scone too and that I will make them fat! They only joke about it but I worry that I will give in soon!

As for dinner, etc I always have a pan of soup chuck in your veg and stock cook and blitz and counts as 1/3 of SF too if you have it with dinner. I always end up making it from whatever veg is leftover or I always have a bag of peas in the freezer. Anything left over you know you wont eat just freeze and microwave it or stick it in a pan and heat up from frozen.

Hope you are all doing well

Lauren :)

:wavey:

Not to late at all Lauren!!!
well i've been back on track for a week and a half now after struggling in those first few weeks of uni. I've got to say i'm enjoying it more then i ever have before. My uni friends have now joined me in my slimming campaign and we swap meal ideas almost everyday. i'm glad they've joined in it means i get pulled up if im doing something wrong lol
I'm not going to group because i can't fit it in with placement and what have you, and i've decided not to weigh myself every week because i get too hung up on it and go off track everytime i stay the same or have a small loss!! stupid i know but i think feeling happier with myself is more important then the number on the scale!!
Lauren xX

Back