Student Slimmers!!!

I've unfortunately gained nearly a stone over christmas and exam period. It is all my fault, stress has got to me. I've got to do something about it because i don't want my BMI to keep on creeping up to borderline overweight. My lifestyle change has begun yet again... x

That will come off very fast kettle chip
Weight gained quickly tends to drop off I find
Good luck with it!
Hope everyone is well into their plans now and reaping the benefits
Keeps updating us :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I put on 1.5 last week. :( had a excuses week though if you remember? Injection, asthma. This week, no excuses.
I forgot my lunch today and when I went down for a coffee it turns out my uni has started doing sushi which is 2-3 syns a pack. Not only have I solved my lunch problem but I no longer need to make lunch for uni. Hehehe. Yay!!!

Don't worry the same happened to me through getting my injection I gained 2 lbs but it all came off in two days!!
Oo sushi lovely!! I always take lunch with me to avoid the canteen temptation!!

:help2:HI guys, post grad student and just starting slimming world. Want to get down from 10 3 to 9 7. I think that's pretty reasonable, and see where I go from there. Any suggestions? Oh and will a day's blow out knock me off course for the week? Got a good few things coming up :)

Hi!!

I am a Music Student :) at Wolves Uni.

I don't drink so don't have any problems with that, but I do get tired alot - takes me 3 hours to get there, 3 hours to get back. And so I eat alot of junk food and takeaways because lately I just can't be bothered to cook. That is so bad really. But tomorrow is my day one. I'm just getting myself prepped and ready to go tomorrow

Hi guys welcome to the group
I no longer follow slimming world as my weight loss stalled massive and I couldn't budge a 1lb on it in the end.
But any slimming world questions you have I'd be happy to answer as I did it for a few years
I'm following low GI but it's nice just to have some support from other students

Hey all! I'm pretty much starting SW again now after this weekend with the boyfriend - only problem is we'll be starting back at uni! And our canteen doesn't do ANYTHING remotely healthy! :( Any advice on the kind of lunches you can amke up and take with you? I have a huuuuge appetite - another one of my downfalls! :(

I used to take a sandwich with my healthy b option and then have a big salad with it cos like you i had a big appetite when i was on slimming world. also experiment with rice, couscous, pasta and things like that. I found a tupperware box of pasta salad was a good lunch and took some fruit to snack on. also anything you make for dinner that would work as a cold dish is good say chilli or other dishes.

I've started taking in a pasta salad. Lots of veggies, meat and pasta plus 1 tsp of extra light mayo (half syn) I add chilli flakes and pepper to make it tastier :)

Yeah i never thought of pasta and thats one thing that really does fill me yet I rarely eat it! :p Hmm a tupperware container of the pasta and chillis and that sounds yummy and then another container of fruit! I may just have next week sorted now! :p

I have pasta loads, make it up the night before and it's delicious. I like it with quark and smokey bacon. Never thought of putting chilli flakes in though - will try that next time.

Your in the right place the only shop I've seen it in was tescos tho

snowwhite85 said:
I tried to find quark in Asda last night but no luck? Any suggestions what area? I was near the cottage cheese :-S

Quark is a funny one. They either have loads or none. Lol. It's usually with the soft cheeses.

The only place I can got an guarantee it being there is waitrose by me so it's worth a look if you have one near you.

Think I'm off to Wetherspoons in a bit. Gonna either have steak, side salad and jacket pot (all free) or jacket pot with 5 bean chilli and tortillas (4.5 syns).
Only problem is I've got a bit of a sweet tooth tonight so the dessert cart may be difficult to avoid. Lol.
Wish me luck. :)

Heyy, I'm new to this! I'm in my 2nd year at uni now, doing adult nursing, I have put on a lot of weight as I also work as a health care assistant and find it hard to work meals around shifts, so often end up snacking and eating convinient food. I started slimmers world 3 weeks ago and have lost 12lbs so far, I used to drink a lot at uni and have take aways but I've completely stopped that, I see a few of you are also student nurses, if you know any good vegetarian quick meals then I'd love to know so I can take them on shifts with me :)
xx

Back