Student Slimmers!!!

It is, really challenging. Especially with new people, who you feel might be sceptical about being on a diet/lifestyle plan. At first I was so embarrased to admit about being on a diet, but over time people actually started to be interested in why my lunch looked so much nicer than their deep fried cow burger haha.

I have all my exams in December, roll on Xmas.

On the plus managed to get into some really nice outfits for my parties and back on the SW wagon (for now!)

:)

Just gone back on to SW but now on a student budget. I love fruit and used to eat so much of it but not really since iv been any uni. Any tips on how to make it a bit more affordable?

I buy the basics fruit, just as yummy and you end up getting more. Like today I bought tesco value plums - huge punnet for like 1.30 compared to a small pack of 6 for 1.50 something of the tesco range. I buy 1 pack of each fruit and it makes enough fruit salads for 2 bowls a day. I find frozen vegetables very cheap too :) go for basics/value ranges again - and fill your plate with those! :)

It's hard enough trying to diet, without the added issues of no money :( feeling the pinch this week. Been making loads of soup with cheap basic veggies x

My local Asda has an end of one of the chillers with loads of reduced veg, meat and bread, quite often get some good wee bargains there and if you cook/freeze them when you get home you're fine! I don't know if all supermarkets do this but the Tesco up the road does it too (although the choice is never as good).

I'm a student and a mum of 3 so I'm always on the lookout for a bargain!

Welcome D1984!

I do the same with meat, reduced, I buy it reduced, put it into sandwich bags and freeze it. Perfectly fine once defrosted. Also I buy big bags of things like chicken breasts/mince and then seperate it into smaller sandwich bags for 1 portion, for me :) makes it much cheaper!

Hey just noticed this thread :)

I'm not at uni yet but am doing a full time access course just now, so living off a student bursary and doing SW - it's pretty hard, luckily my bf is really supportive and pretty much paying for food shopping by himself, he's following the plan with me so he doesn't mind:D

Would love to join in on your student slimming thread:D

Hey just noticed this thread :)

I'm not at uni yet but am doing a full time access course just now, so living off a student bursary and doing SW - it's pretty hard, luckily my bf is really supportive and pretty much paying for food shopping by himself, he's following the plan with me so he doesn't mind:D

Would love to join in on your student slimming thread:D

I am an access student too - I did Social Sciences last year and it got me into Uni this year. What course are you doing?

Hi cupotea

I'm doing access to biological science:D

What uni are you at? x

Some of it's hard, like the chemistry, but it's been ok so far. We haven't started any biology yet which has been a bit strange so I'm really looking forward to the next semester! :D

Ooh cool course! It's amazing the range of access courses and the degrees they lead to. How did you find the change from access to uni? xx

Welcome evilpenguin!

I'm doing a masters degree through manchester but long distance studying, whilst living in Oxford by myself. Home all day every day studying so the temptation, as you can imagine is hard!!

Some of it's hard, like the chemistry, but it's been ok so far. We haven't started any biology yet which has been a bit strange so I'm really looking forward to the next semester! :D

Ooh cool course! It's amazing the range of access courses and the degrees they lead to. How did you find the change from access to uni? xx

It's very different! It's hard to put into words how to prepare for it - you just have to do it. Although I loved college and my access course, I don't really miss it. I'm really loving uni!

Welcome evilpenguin!

I'm doing a masters degree through manchester but long distance studying, whilst living in Oxford by myself. Home all day every day studying so the temptation, as you can imagine is hard!!

Hey :D

Yeah the temptation to snack while you study is a hard one, I keep the fruit bowl right next to me as I study & drink loads of coffees to stop the munchies. It seems to work! I think I'm more likely to snack when I start to get bored/tired of studying, if I'm really into it then it's not so bad.

It's very different! It's hard to put into words how to prepare for it - you just have to do it. Although I loved college and my access course, I don't really miss it. I'm really loving uni!
I have a uni open day thing next week, we're all going along to pretend to be uni students & take notes in a lecture! I'm looking forward to it. College is feeling a bit like school, I hope uni is more independent and grown up! Sending off my ucas application tomorrow:D:D

How are you both getting on with SW this week? When do you have WI? xxx

I have a uni open day thing next week, we're all going along to pretend to be uni students & take notes in a lecture! I'm looking forward to it. College is feeling a bit like school, I hope uni is more independent and grown up! Sending off my ucas application tomorrow:D:D

How are you both getting on with SW this week? When do you have WI? xxx

Ooh yeah it's definitely much more independant, you don't get your hand held as much! The lecture will be good practice, it can be a bit hard to keep up at first. I remember doing UCAS last year! Very exciting!

I had WI yesterday and stayed the same :( I blame a cider sesh last week. But back on it today! Hopefully will lose something next week.

How are you getting on with SW?

Ooh yeah it's definitely much more independant, you don't get your hand held as much! The lecture will be good practice, it can be a bit hard to keep up at first. I remember doing UCAS last year! Very exciting!

I had WI yesterday and stayed the same
:( I blame a cider sesh last week. But back on it today! Hopefully will lose something next week.

How are you getting on with SW?

Ucas has been a nightmare! I'm so glad it's over lol

A sts is a good result if you've had a naughty cider or two! Good luck for next week!

It's going really well:D I had way too many syns yesterday but it's because I forget to write things down, so I started a food diary on here that I can update from my phone which will be handy and keep me in check. Yesterday was my first non 100% day since I started almost 2 weeks ago, so I see that as going well lol. At college today I felt slimmer, even tho I've only lost 6lbs I could feel my stomach is a bit smaller and my arms seem to be closer to me than they were!:D

Back