Student Slimmers!!!

I have lost......which Im half surprised about. I had gained a pound, and then lost it last week with healthy eating. Total weight loss was 2lbs..I got Zumba wii for christmas so was ragging that a bit last week which probably helped a great deal.

Hey all. Sorry I went quiet! Went home for family Christmas and the internet access leaves much to be desired. Back home and back on it, determined to be slim in 2012. I lost every week of december up til wi after xmas, where I put on 4. So only had a little gain over the whole of december. Determined to do well at weigh in this wednesday. when is everyones next weigh and and what are you hoping for? :)

Hi all,

Would love to join this thread. I am a student in Cardiff and also work part time so I am forever having lunch shaped dilemmas but mostly this happens in uni.
They have several cafeteria's one of them is a Starbucks and one is a Costa Coffee - temptation much? Plus, the lunches are actually really nice. I sometimes cook some pasta, quark and smokey bacon to take in but sometimes I'm too lazy. Haha.
Anyone else have some weird and wonderful ideas for lunch that is quick or even better grab and go. Need some inspiration if I'm going to avoid the high-syn lunches.

got an essay due in next week so planning on making a massive batch of sw chips to pick on instead of my usual choice of chocolate. Haha.

I feel your pain about the essay! I'm doing the background reading for mine at work, sneaky me!

Lunch-wise, I always have salmon (for those healthy oils), which I buy from the basics range. In the morning, all I do is throw some pellets of frozen spinach, half a pack of smoked salmon and half a can of kidney beans in a tupperware. By lunchtime it's defrosted and has kept fresh too.

Don't know about syns (I do calorie counting), but this lunch is filling, healthy and tasty :)

Good luck and share your own ideas and experience with us! X

hi guys so new goal is summer this year as i messed around last year and feel really stupid for doing so now.
Uni is all good but essays are stressing me out like mad!!! 2 down 1 to go!! i am doing a low gi diet now not sw but still love the support from you lot!!
Lauren xX

I have lost......which Im half surprised about. I had gained a pound, and then lost it last week with healthy eating. Total weight loss was 2lbs..I got Zumba wii for christmas so was ragging that a bit last week which probably helped a great deal.

I love wii zumba i do it nearly everyday its wicked!!! my wii fit has been helping me through the festive season lost 3lbs between christmas and new year no doubt put it on not but i only weigh myself every now and then so i dont know. I'm going to start weighing myself every month i think.
Lauren xX

I feel your pain about the essay! I'm doing the background reading for mine at work, sneaky me!

Lunch-wise, I always have salmon (for those healthy oils), which I buy from the basics range. In the morning, all I do is throw some pellets of frozen spinach, half a pack of smoked salmon and half a can of kidney beans in a tupperware. By lunchtime it's defrosted and has kept fresh too.

Don't know about syns (I do calorie counting), but this lunch is filling, healthy and tasty :)

Good luck and share your own ideas and experience with us! X

That sounds great - I'm on rations until student loan comes in on Mon (Christmas took it out of me a bit, haha) but will definitely try this next week when I go back.
No so good for uni but good generally I have literally JUST discovered Rice Time by Uncle Bens. I got the Sweet and Sour one which is FREEEEE!!! It needs to be microwaved so, as I said, no good for uni but still, a nice quick and free meal for the cupboard and those assignment blues.

I got an airfryer for Christmas and have been using that loads recently and I'm going to experiment with crisps tonight. The fryer makes brill slimming world chips (free) so I figure if I slice the potato instead of chipping it I'll get syn free crisps, add a bit of salt after cooking and munch my way through while writing assignments. I'll let you know how I get on with that one.

MissChattyBex said:
I lost 1lb at weigh in last night, 2 stone gone now :)

Welcome back laurenista :) x

Well done Bex!! 2 stone is fab!
And thanks for the welcome :)

I weighed myself today and have lost 2lbs since christmas yey
Lauren xX

MissChattyBex said:
I lost 1lb at weigh in last night, 2 stone gone now :)

Welcome back laurenista :) x

Thanks for the welcome back!!

Well done on the weight loss wow 2 stone that's fab!!!

Weighed myself for the first time since new years eve lost 2lbs which I'm amazed at with being out that much and drinking lots more alcohol

Lauren xX

laurenista said:
Well done Bex!! 2 stone is fab!
And thanks for the welcome :)

I weighed myself today and have lost 2lbs since christmas yey
Lauren xX

Well done:D!

Hey guy
How's everyone's week going???
Hope your all feeling happy and healthy

Hi Lauren. My week going ok. Getting bf to decide what we're doing for food tonight is like getting blood from a stone though. Haha. He just keeps saying 'I dunno, I'll see how I feel' keep telling him that it helps me plan my syns for the day etc (and sometimes we eat out so that'll take even more planning).
Oh well, I'm sure he'll get it eventually. Haha.
How are you getting on?

Hi
Ahh my bf is the same then he's like I can't decide when I'm not hungry lol and at about 9pm he goes im hungry I'm getting a takeaway annoying!!!
Weeks been good so far
Having a really good day just hope it continues

Hi all not posted for a while, hope everyone doing well, weighed in last night lost 4.5 lbs can't believe it, back on track and another good week ahead, how did everyone else do xx

Georgina that is fab well done
I've lost 2lbs this week and I'm now officially under 10 stone and sooo pleased about it!
Good luck for next week

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back