Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Morning Susie, hope the wfh day is helping to catch up! Misty, murky day so not missing anything;)

Susie and Di - As a plan for tuesday I suggest London Bridge, Clink Street - apparently there is both a Nandos and a gourmet burger kitchen - votes please:D
Xxx

Morning Susie:) ... And Katie... :)

I don't mind where we go :)

Morning Susie, with boobs that big nothing is ever going to hit the floor is it LOL ;)

Thanks for pointing that out Jim! 'Cause I'd forgotten....to the naughty step for you!

Morning everyone else

Katie and Di - I don't mind which either, but leaning towards GBK because it would be quite nice to have a change from Nandos?

Exhausting weekend - quiz night was hilarious, although we did terribly and came very low in the final results. Did a bit of work on Saturday (although not enough :() and then the new laptop arrived, going to transfer everything over tonight.

Sunday - major change of plan. You will probably all sigh and put your collective heads in your hands, but I went to look at another flat to buy. Well, flats, actually. It's this - One, two and three bedroom apartments at Discovery, SE10 through L&Q's shared ownership scheme

It's a plush block right on the Thames in East Greenwich, with some shared ownership flats in it. Because people with no deposit can't get mortgages, on Friday they offered me a 2 bed flat, when normally I'd only be eligible for a one bed (sadly Orbit doesn't count as a child :)).

Soooo, instead of writing a speech, I went to have a look at about four different 2 bed flats. And I now have a dilemma because if i do take one it means Orbit becomes an indoor cat, and I just don't know if she can. I spent most of the night fretting about it and could really do with your advice.

Pros -
- so close to work - 10 mins walk along the Thames to Trinity; 30 mins walk to Laban - so that's my daily exercise
- 2 beds in Greenwich for £900 a month (unheard of)
- brand new - with all mod cons, underfloor heating, cheaper communal boiler, a kitchen four times the size of my current one
- a balcony with park and Thames views
- top floor, so no one above me
- great local community, good shops and lovely pub across the road (Pelton Arms)

Cons
- Orbit - can she become an indoor cat????

I know those of you who don't see pets as members of the family will think me crazy, but this is a deal breaker. I'm going to keep her in for a week and see how we get on, plus I'm going to get a massive scratching tree/adventure playground for cats thing and see if that entertains her.

But could really do with advice....

Last edited:
My cat was a housecat, but she was desperate to get outside and started hurting herself because she was so stressed being cooped up all the time. She went to my mums and became a big outdoor cat and is so healthy and completely changed from the skittish allergy cat she was when she was kept indoors.

Personally, if Orbit is a happy outdoor cat, I wouldnt force her to permanently stay inside. But I dont know orbit, maybe she would love to be a lady of leisure?

I know thats probably not much help. Sorry. :(

How old is Orbit? Try her indoors for a couple of weeks and see how she does.

If she starts trashing the place, then thats not a good sign! lol! :p

I agree with Claire sorry, my boy loves going outdoors, when he was ill last year he had to stay in for a month, he fretted, stressed and also started "wrecking" the joint, after a week we just let him out- however on the other side I have a female cat who barely goes out and would have no issues about staying in.

Give it a try you never know. Oh and think no mice. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Orby was not happy when you first got her and she could not play out I seem to remember? Only giving it a go will give you an answer I am afraid, good luck xx

nothings simple in the world anymore,
hope you're able to sort it,i don't have a cat,i have bert
and he doesn't like going out into the nasty outdoors.

What's a Bert Lainey? Difficult one there Susie. As someone who has met Orbit and was there for her maiden solo voyage outside I think you'd have trouble keeping her in now that she's used to it. And as Bren says remember all the window scratching she did when you first had her. Do you still have a litter tray indoors? When we moved that was the worst problem with our ginger tom, he wouldn't use it and we had to let him out the very next day before he burst lol.

Last edited:
Oooh poor ginger tom, that's not a good way to be :)

I kept the tray going, thanks goodness, and she does still use it. i'll see how she gets on over the next few days.

Ok girls - let's go for GBK at clink street near london bridge at 6pm. No doubt we will need to discuss orbie, flats, life.....looking forward to it:D
Xxx

I'm sure she'll let you know her feelings on the situation lol.
We had a tortie at the same time as the tom and once the litter tray was there she wouldn't go out and it took ages to wean her off it again. In fact when we got a kitten a few years later she would use it's tray instead of going out, little mare she was!

Voucher all printed - so we will have a good value meal thanks to Alpy:)
Xx

What's a Bert Lainey? .
sorry forgot to mention Bert is a bearded dragon
currently sleeping for the winter in his special K box :D
this was him back in the summer.

008-3.jpg

Morning Susie... The flats look amazing!! Can't wait to see you later :)

The flats do look lovely and I can see why you're tempted. When you live in an old wreck like I do a 10 year NHBC guarantee seems like bliss!
Does Bert give love the way a furry purry does Lainey? Lol

Morning from the naughty step. Susie, the problem is that Orbit is now used to going outside.

Back