Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

lurve the house boat idea, jealous!

bad luck on the ankle, make sure you rest it properly, these soft tissue injuries take a while to mend

(taz with her work head on, orthopaedic nurse)

Morning Susie, sorry to hear that you tore a ligament, that is painful, I know. I have a mate who lives in a narrowboat here in Birmingham, he says it's not all it's cracked up to be. Heating is the biggest problem, that and the toilets emptying.

Morning Susie :) oh yes susie imagine the cold in this weather?

How's the ankle today Susie? Hope you're getting a chance to rest. Love the houseboat idea too, but I'm prone to get all carried away by stuff like that!

Afternoon all and thx for your lovely posts.

Hear you all loud and clear on the heating and loo situation for houseboats - but I've done lots of research and central heating (with gas bottles) is the go there.

I'm not a big fan of chemical toilets, they get a bit whiffy and are bad for the environment. Depending on the mooring you can be connected to mains sewerage - but otherwise a good option is a composting toilet, only needs emptying once a year (here's a link for those who are interested - compost toilets). :)

just poo out of the window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's off again!!!

:D ah you love it you know you do. ill always try and raise a smile...or a brow ;)

well my love what are your plans for today? ive just been told we are leaving work early cos weather so bad! im not complaining.

Ooooh get yourself home safe! I'm having an hour on the couch reading, then walking about a bit to try and strengthen the ankle, back to the couch....reading a fab book about Eleanor of Aquitaine, and got lots of others to get through, so it's not an ordeal :)

thanks hon. Ooh interesting. im going to have to google her now though ;)

I'm reading different lives, can't remember the author, it's a collection diaries from just after the war, collected by the mass observation unit. Ah found it, the power of google

Garfield, S. Our Hidden Lives: The everyday diaries of a forgotten Britain 1945-1948, Ebury Press, 2004

It's really interesting.

Oh Jim thats looks good. i love things about the war. I really fancy mein Kampf for xmas- have you read it?

Did you see "Downfall" with Bruno Ganz, Vicky? Amazing film. He's one of my favourite actors, is also in "Bread and Tulips", about an Italian housewife who runs away to Venice.

It's not worth reading Vicky, all political ranting really.

Oh no Sus - thats sounds fantastic!! must look that one up.
Oh Jim shame thought it would be better than that.
Im really into my reading at the moment, which is great as I have about 10 Chris Ryan books, a couple of autobiographies and some girlie tat to get through!

You like Chris Ryan Vicky, now that surprised me, not exactly a womans author.

Back