Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Missing you ma cherie! Xx

Hope your having a lovely time Susie and that Orbit isn't being a minx for the sitter :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Afternoon all mes amies

Just a quick note to say I'm home - had a fabulous time, and there's so much to tell you - but for now am getting myself sorted for work and sipping on a little red number I bought in Calais this morning for £2.99 - the label reads "A seducer of a red wine..." and they had me at that :D Very nice it is, too. Orbit is well and after being unsure for an hour, has decided to recognise me as her true slave :)

Will write a big note a bit later - I missed you all very much, will dive into your diaries in a mo xxxx

Last edited:
Evening Susie,
So wonderful to see you back:). Glad you had a good time and looking forward to your tale!
Xxxx

SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZ!!!!!! You're back!!! Yippeee!!!

Can't wait to hear all your news !!! Hurry up and sort out the satchel and get spilling the goss! Xxxx

Yayyyyy Susie's back! Yum to the red seducer. Lol at HRH Orby, she must be so happy to have you back what a wonderful cuddles your going to have with her tonight :) x

Welcome home mon amie, so pleased you had a great time, orbit might be bit stand offish but will really be so delighted to have you back x

yay susies back!!

Righty ho cherubs, are you sitting comfortably? Susie's travel dairy commences in 5 seconds....

1. Trip was fab - apart from a theft in Marseilles from one of the drivers ( his own fault, lots of money though) and the coach breaking down in the Dordogne - but the Dunkirk spirit shone through for all, apart from a couple of people who should have stayed in Complainashire
2. Provence really does smell like pine and cypress and mimosa and lavender. Bliss :)
3. I shopped for England - one can never have enough Savon De Marseille :)
4. I was really lucky in that my fellow travellers were mostly couples but really good company - there were two other "onlys" who I mostly hung out with - Paul and John (pic to follow) - John - sweet but not the brightest person, Paul - lovely, funny, made me laugh so much I nearly weed myself on many occasions...married....but there was, shall we say, frisson (no Lisa I didn't **** him - thought about it though ;))
5. Highlights - the Basilica in Notre Dame in Marseilles, and the city's perfumed air; Rocamadour - a town cut into the side of a rock - extraordinary; finally visiting the famous bookshop Shakespeare and Co in Paris's Latin Quarter - god, was that just last night?! :)
6. Time to think. You have lots of time on a coach trip - chat about nothing with the others, get off the coach, get on, have a wee, have a ciggie, eat, snooze, listen to music - but mostly just think.

So some decisions have been made -

1. I am not going to be fat any more. Many things - but the downlights, if you will, were being overtaken by an old woman with a stick walking up 42 stairs; and tears while not being able to get a shirt over my sweaty fat shoulders in a hotel, which really sealed it. Atkins recommences on Friday.

2. I am going to stop pretending that I love being on my own - because I don't. Paul was lovely, very fanciable (apart from his wedding ring and all that), but I want a man who is available, intelligent and can make me laugh. I am in my prime and goddamit i am going to make the most of it! :D

3. Before I can be confident about number 2, number 1 has to happen.

4. I am going to stop thinking about the past. Mum is gone, Dad's a chit, my brother forgets all about me - so what! As Bren would say, move along Suze, nothing left to see here :) I have lovely friends like you lot who more than make up for a regrettable family situation.

5. I am going to buy a house down the coast. I'm not going to to sit in this holding pattern any more, just waiting for the job to happen or something else that needs to fall into place. In fact, tomorrow I'm going to ring up the agent of the place I fell in love with but had to withdraw from and see if they have sorted out the legal problems, and take it from there.

Congratulations if you've made it this far! :D

Pic time -

Cassis01.jpg

Cassis in Provence - I had lavender icecream!

Marseilles01.jpg

Marseilles - from Notre Dame - a scrubby old port town with edginess and blasts of beauty

Nimes01.jpg

Nimes, in the Dordogne - we met a very urbane Frenchman, with impeccable English - yet who complimented me on my French, how's that for politeness! and who then shared some of his gorgeous cheese and bread with us at a bar - at 10am...none of us can remember the name of the cheese, will just be one of those lovely memories....

Rocamadour01.jpg

Rocamadour - simply incredible.

Paul and John.jpg

Paul and John - won't take a rocket scientist to figure out which is which :D

Last edited:
Wow what a wonderful time you have had, love all the positives vibes coming from your diary, seems like you got so much more than a holiday, hold on to all the positivity x

What a brilliantly positive post and what a beautiful place!!!!!

Synchronicity really does exist, you went away and met the right people at the right time that changed the course of your life path!!! Fate some would call it....

Just don't get stuck in a rut back in blighty, grab every opportunity with both hands!!!

Hugs xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What a fantastic, positive, life-affirming experience!
Your holiday is just what I need ;)
xx

Still up, still sipping on my wine - just don't want to let go of the moment :D Hangover - what's that? :)

Did get some sun today at Calais while waiting for the other coaches for the changeover of passengers, so my face is BRIGHT red. Hoping for a bit of overnight fading....

One other pledge - I did French for five years at school, then forgot most of it, but over the past week I tried very hard to at least use the little I have - and had some lovely experiences as a result. A little immersion therapy and it has been creeping back in. I woke up at 3am one morning and the first thought in my head was "Ouvret la porte" - whhhhat - open the door???? WTF did that come from? La plume de ma tante? LOL.

So, am also going to sign up for French classes.

Bonjour Susie, Wow you really did have a great and thoughtful holiday. So much easier to really think when you go away and put some space between you and the every day merry-go-round. Loved the photos. You can almost feel the heat and smell the lovely lavender.

Sounds like an amazing plan for an amazing woman. Go Susie.

Good luck with the house hope it works out for you.

Are you starting induction today?

Have a good one. xx

Morning Soooozie... you brought a lump to my throat when I read your amazing account of your hols. How amazing and brilliant and uplifting and life affirming and SPECIAL!!!

You're a very special friend and I am just bowled over by how you manage to pick yourself up and get all the positive energy you need to move onwards and upwards.

Loved the pics and loved your list of positive actions to be done!!

GO SUSIE!!! I'm one of many cheerleaders here all willing you to tick those action points off your list!! Love you heaps... xxxx :)

Bonjour ma cherie:)

What a wonderful post to read this morning - i can smell, taste and hear your trip and more importantly I am uplifted by your positive enegy and spirit.
Go Susie go - i've got the pom poms out (not quite ready for the rara skirt and acrobatics but I'll work on it!)

Love ya
Xxxxx

Thx all you lovely lovely lovelies :D Don't know what I would do without you!

I could be quite busy at work today if I tried harder - but really can't be bothered with it at the mo - life is for living :)

Plan of action is now underway -

Val - I'm back on induction on Friday, which will also be my WI day. Got to do a big Tescos shop online today so I'm all ready.

Just signed up for a 10 week French language course around the corner from work - starts 3 July :D

Rang about the Warrior Gardens flat, it is still available so I've told them I'll make an offer if the legals are all sorted out (should get them moving).

Also booked a seat for the Eddie Izzard tour at the O2 - love him, and have gone for the top whack ticket so I'm right in the front and won't miss anything! It's only money, right? :D

Back