Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

You know, I think I'm going to keep it simple - do l/c, h/c but keep the l/c to induction levels - and see how I get on until you've had time to read the book.

So, low carb starting Tuesday because I remembered I've got a friend round on Friday for a carby pizza evening.

Just eaten loads of homemade hamburgers - lovely, with a bit of chilli, and some cheese on top, with romaine lettuce as the wrap.

Good thinking. Ooh burgers sound lovely. I'll be getting some quinoa and stuff like that I think :) ooh and I can make chili

Hi Susie, as always the key is to find a woe that works for you:) good luck xxx

Morning all

Major fail on starting any kind of woe today, I had an awful sleep, was late for work and just want to devour carbs because I'm so tired.

If I'm being honest, I'm not ready to start a woe yet - will get this week out of the way and then re-focus.

I must have snored heavily when I did sleep last night because my tonsils are swollen - most uncomfortable! Either that, or I'm in for the horrible bug everyone else has had...:eek:

Have a good day, all xxx

I know what you mean, you have to be in the right frame of mind otherwise it's just a waste of time, and if you're not well all you'll want is carbs if you're anything like me! Hope you feel better soon.

Oh no suze sounds like you are really run down. Get yourself better before you start. Plenty of planning time xxx

Think I must be run down, actually hun - sorry if TMI but I've also got a really painful boil under my boob :eek: - falling apart at the seams :)

And just had to send half the Waitrose order back, they completely mucked it up. Sigh - is it time for bed yet?

Sxxx

((Hugs)) sweetie - sounds like you need some down time! Just to say - i used to get lots of nasty boils in nasty places which i attributed to my size/weight. Now i know they are caused by wheat.....and of course i never realised til i cut it out. I know other people found night shades the problem....

Please do look after yourself xxxx

Morning all

What a difference a reasonable enough sleep makes, I feel a lot more human today - obviously down to your kind wishes :)

i used to get lots of nasty boils in nasty places...Now i know they are caused by wheat

Katie love, I think you may be on to something there! I also get them occasionally in nasty places, and I remembered last night that I didn't get any when I started Atkins - so there's another reason to get focused! It's a bit more comfortable today, fortunately, thanks to magnesium sulphate.

Right, better do some work - we've got HRH the Duke of Kent coming to a concert tomorrow night and I've volunteered to help :eek:

Sxxx

Glad you got a well deserved sleep Susie. Good idea to wait to choose plan. If it's one thing I've learned about plans for me personally is one that I can do forever and not to feel deprived or just a quick fix, so the sky's the limit. Good luck with your concert, sounds fab. X

Boils on your bum are awful!!!!! I actually tend to get things like that when I start dieting lol!!! Glad you are feeling better. Keep staying healthy Suze and you will be raring to go.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

I also get nasty boils when I eat carbs and not had a single one since starting atkins so there must be something in it. You are right your head needs to be in the right place to start a woe. There's no rush

Afternoon all

Had a great night at the concert last night and the Duke was apparently raving about it (in a good way lol) on his way home - but I've got a cold thanks to having to wait out in the wind and rain for him to arrive for ages. Never mind, got my mate coming round tonight so will apply healing wine :)

But exciting news - I have finally booked my Nile cruise for November! So that gives me a really good weight loss goal to work towards. I need to have one more week of high carb, then it's back to low carb for nine months, with am aim of losing four stone. What do you think?

Sxxx

Sounds good to me.

a Nile cruise sounds great - how exciting!

Back