THE NEW AND IMPROVED ALICE...

Amazing! No idea how you're juggling everything but extra well done for that! Jx

Actually feeling like a juggler desperately trying to keep the balls up in the air today. I'm on day-shift and Mr CD doing back-shift so in all I've seen him for 5 minutes today where we just listed things that needed doing/had been done to each other. I'm also pretty sure I didn't give him a kiss goodbye when he left. Got back later than expected from work too, so had to explain to kids we were too late to go out to the bonfire.
On a positive note though - finally made absolutely gorgeous yoghurt overnight with my new lakeland machine. Had it for breakfast and can honestly say it was delicious,much better than any done in the slow-cooker/bought in a shop. Really looking forward to tomorrow to have some more lol.

Wednesday PV:
B - yoghurt
L - muffin
D - pork chops, cabbage, green beans, turnip mash, cream cheese & mushroom sauce
S - tub of sf jelly if I can find one in the shop before work

Aw, hope you find weekend fireworks for the kids CDalice!

Well done in another good day - impressed with the yogurt making - what do you strain it with?

Jx

I really enjoyed catching up with your diary... I'm looking forward to the next episode! I love your style of writing!
x

Aw, hope you find weekend fireworks for the kids CDalice!

Well done in another good day - impressed with the yogurt making - what do you strain it with?

Jx

I used to usemuslin (I bought a metre on an ebay shop) but now I've cut one of hubby's t-shirts in half and use one piece of it, folded in four to make it slower for the yoghurt to drain through. Result is really thick. And hubby didn't complain too much as he gets to scoff the yoghurt too ;).

I am v v tired so am going to update quickly then go to bed. Coming on to minimins helps keep me focused but I'm so weary I'm going to leave reading everyone's diaries till the weekend.

Today was pretty intense and daunting training at work and the training room has a junk-food machine in the corner that is really annoying. I actually had to move my seat so my back was to the bars of chocolates and packets of Dorritos. I resisted them though, which I'm pleased about. Made a huge dinner for us after Mr CD got back from Parents Evening, we pigged out on turnip and cabbage Dukan style!!

Thursday PP:
B - Yoghurt
L - Hazlenut muffin
D - Yet more chilli (it's Mr CD's favourite food)
Snack - boiled eggs

Your back with a bang and doing great, so glad your back xxx

Your back with a bang and doing great, so glad your back xxx

Ha Ha, you make me sound like a firework Sid :)
Am impressing myself with my self-control this week - all week is training for my new job and all week I've been sat in a room with a) a snack machine and b) loads of glaswegians. a) + b) = constant rustle of chocolate wrappers as EVERYBODY ELSE scoffs and I don't. Huh. I sit there with my muffin and a bottle of water. Better see a weight loss this week that's all I can say!

Saturday PP
B - yoghurt
L - muffin
D - Pork chilli

Sunday PV:
B - turkey rashers x 2, scrambled eggs, grilled tomato
L - muffin
D - quorn pieces in tomato and pepper sauce, pumpkin chips

Monday PP:
B - scrambled eggs & turkey rashers x 2
L - muffin/jelly
D - salmon

Baking apple and sultana flaxbread for lunchboxes for the week (Boy has coeliacs disease) and wishing I could remember to bake for the kids on PV rather than PP days...so much easier. Kids fighting, hubby at work and I have so much housework/washing to do. Why did I have such a large family?

Weighed in and this week is a 2.2lb loss :)
Was hoping it would be good as I know that I have been very strict this last week. Not easy to find things I can take for work especially for PP days as I don't have access to a fridge for at least another two weeks. But, hey ho, looking on the bright side this should mean some more good loss weeks.

Anyway, taking Boy to a party this afternoon and organising uniforms for everyone for week. Also got to hunt out the kids lunchboxes as they can't have school lunch anymore (home=gluten-free). This means I need to hunt in...the Cupboard of Doom! Aargh, already know everything is going to fall out and I won't be able to find 1 lid that I need. More tea first I think :)

Tuesday PV:
B -scrambled eggs, yoghurt
L - muffin/jelly
D - veg & quorn chilli and shiritaki rice

First 12 hour shift tomorrow, out the house for 14 hours in total. Dreading it, wish I had more time to make a bigger breakfast but got to leave the house before kids get up so got to creep around. They wont see me till Wednesday now. Thinking about maybe starting to make quiches the night before so I can just grab them from the fridge as I leave. And it'll be 9.30pm before I get my dinner :(

Ooh, tough week, good luck. Did you survive the Cupboard of Doom? (I once made a Stew of Doom, but that's another story!)

Jx

Ooh, tough week, good luck. Did you survive the Cupboard of Doom? (I once made a Stew of Doom, but that's another story!)

Jx

Ha Ha, you've really got me wondering with that one! My brother years ago when he first left home decided to surprise his girlfriend (now wife) with some lovely soup to come home to - he made potato and honey soup! Apparently, they do NOT go together lol.

I am very tired and not really having enough to eat but am so knackered I actually can't be bothered. Had yoghurt and muffin today, that's it. Cooked huge pot of stew for freezer (blitzed half to bag up as soups/pasta sauce), cooked 6lbs mince that annoying husband had put in fridge not freezer and use-by date was today, went and did 6 hours at work, 2 hours travelling, came home helped with homework, baked bread for the kids pack-ups, baked a batch of pumpkin spiced muffins for us for the freezer, did washing/drying up, sorted uniforms/bags/lunches for tomorrow and now need to get to sleep as tomorrow is another 14 hour day.

Really wish I had had the energy to make some mini-quiches :(

Alice are you on FB ?????

Phew, two days off!!

Yesterday I only had scrambled eggs with tomato and my muffin to eat all day so as that is four days of minimal eating today I've forced myself to have more - have had scrambled eggs, muffin and a bowl of beef and veg stew. Really don't understand where this complete lack of interest in food has come from. I know it's not making me happy - usually, looking forward to nice food is what I spend most of my time doing.

Back