The 'what i resisted today' Thread.

I like this thread! Good to feel positive achievement in between weigh ins by resisting junk or sloth :)

I resisted a kebab last night, I go past the kebab/curry house on my way to/from slimming world! I went home and made a proper dinner instead, grilled lamb steaks and squash and mashed potato.

I avoided a nice big slice of chocolate cake at work today (although I didn't avoid a tiny weeny slice of the same :flirt2: lol). I thought I deserved it as I haven't touched any work cakes for months despite being able to see them from my desk (including M&S mince pies at Xmas at 19 syns each :eek:). Plus the fact that it is always someones birthday, or my "supervisor" is trying to motivate us with Krispy Kreme! A couple of weeks ago, we had three lots of cake in one day from three different people. I often wonder why I am the office fatty :mad:...

i resisted bread and butter in the restaurant today!!! i think i have gone over my syn allowance today tho!

i resisted my cakes i made for my aunty lisas birthday

cupcake.jpg

They'r about 20 syns each..

however, i did eat 12 choc dipped strawbs.. evens out? LOL i counted them, and its fruit, far better than cake!

I went to the harvester today and resisted the whole menu! Just had a salad cart and diet coke! I've also constantly been resisiting the white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake slices my mum has evily put in the fridge!! (10 syns for half tho and havent used any syns today so could crack!) x

I haven't resisted anything today, but i have learnt to make the most of my syns. I only ever have 10-11 syns a day to spend on treats because i have Half Spoon sugar in my tea and i need at least 4 cups a day! lol. I ususally spend the rest on choc or merengues, or something else sweet, because i had got it in my head that they were for naughty sweet things. However i have realised that what i am missing is something crunchy to nibble on like, crisps, biscuits, toast etc., more of a carb hit really. So after researching on here, i bought today some krisp rolls, which i love and really enjoyed. on EE i have been using my HEX on either porridge or 2 alpen light bars. Now its good to know i can have something similar later in the day. Thanks for the inspiration.

I have a box of heroes at home. Only had one, does that count as resisting?! because in all fairness I really could have scoffed the lot!

Was at a friends house and her housemate came in with a mcdonalds for dinner.. oh the smell was soo good. To drive home from hers I then had to pass the mcdonalds, so hard to drive on by but I had to.

I'm still proud of myself from yesterday! As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the lovely Australian pies were calling to me from the baker as I walked by and I didn't call in! However, I managed to top this super-human feat when I went to collect daughter from school later in the afternoon, as she asked for a beef/bacon/cheese pie as she was starving - so I managed to go to the shop and buy just a pie for her! It was very hard to do but I did it!! Yayy - go me!! :rotflmao:

OMG. one of the traders just came over again with a gourmet burger takeawy with big chunky chips and asked if i wanted one. omg. i said no and im so pleased i did but OMG I WANT IT!

Lots of temptation today... Visited my Mum this morning in her cafe, where she offered me CAKE!!! I declined and had a coffee.

When I was leaving she gave me cakes to bring home for my family. I purposely declined to bring home one extra for myself. I then had to spend the whole afternoon knowing what was in the kichen cupboard! Luckily now they have all eaten their cakes for pudding, they are gone from the house - I no longer have to resist the cake!!!!!!!!!!

I just declined cream cakes, ginger biscuits and a wispa! All left over from a clients meeting in work today! Maybe they were all on SW too! hehe x

Today i managed to go a whole day with out delving in to the sweety tub at work! i think it is possible the biggest hamper to my weight loss just now so i plan to knock it on the head and give them up until i can get my craving for them under controle!

Also, one of my regular customers give my a big easter egg today. the old me would have eaten the whole thing in one go! but the new me has worked out the syns in the egg, split it up into 4 syn potrions and frozen them all in little food bags to be enjoyed when i have the syns :)

Red x

My biscuit barrel full of custard creams and bourbons - normally I allow myself one or two on an evening with a cuppa but having no syns today due to eating 2 days worth yesterday! I still have a HEb left so might have an alpen light later instead.

Today i managed to go a whole day with out delving in to the sweety tub at work! i think it is possible the biggest hamper to my weight loss just now so i plan to knock it on the head and give them up until i can get my craving for them under controle!

Also, one of my regular customers give my a big easter egg today. the old me would have eaten the whole thing in one go! but the new me has worked out the syns in the egg, split it up into 4 syn potrions and frozen them all in little food bags to be enjoyed when i have the syns :)

Red x

What a great idea with the easter egg.

I had to do a big shop today in Tesco and I found it so hard to not buy all the delicious, naughty, sweet stuff that they had on special offer.

Weekends are always bad for me, I find it doubly hard to resist things. Need to beef up my willpower for tomorrow, lol.

although I have not been 100% perfect today, I have regained control with limited myself with 10 extra flex syns which really help with stopping the binge and remain in control

although I have not been 100% perfect today, I have regained control with limited myself with 10 extra flex syns which really help with stopping the binge and remain in control

Well done hunny :). Giving extra flexi syns allows us to keep some form of control so huge well done

x

Went to Gunwharf Quays to day with Hubby, stopped for a Costa and he came back with a chocolate twist and a chocolate tiffin!! I refused so he had to eat both......OMG they looked soooo good :eek:

Back