Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Thanks Tibbs, weighed in this morning and annoyed as I am up 700g, annoyed but not surprised.
Got lots done already this morning and kitchen is now spotless and some yummy food made. We had a glut of tomatoes so I've made a salsa with just tomatoes, cucumber, garlic and black pepper...no oil, no salt, and its perfect. I also whizzed up some dips and they are in the freezer, so a tin of chickpeas with garlic, some avocado oil and pepper, thinned down with some water. And a second one which is butter beans, curry paste and tomatoes and just thinned with water. Both are delish. Just had an early lunch, 3 crispbread ( I checked these ones, 20 cals each) 3 slices luncheon meat, some tomato salsa, curried potato salad, chickpea dip and about 5 Pringles... It was lovely and I still taste garlic. Off to make some green tea now.

Oh wow love the day in the garden with Oscar - and yes to the clean sheets, nothing quite like it, is there? :)

I'm going to try that chilled soup too - it sounds lovely. Might add some fennel.

And ditto on the work food - it's all about routine, and so much easier to do now you have steady hours and aren't tearing round on high heels pacifying lost passengers! :)

Susie, a tip if you are using bulb fennel ( I grow it and love it). Slice it thinly and leave it in chilled water for about 30 mins, it really refreshes it and takes any stringyness out of it. Iv often used is a a base for an alternative salsa Verde or pesto type sauce/dip/ relish. If its fennel herb ignore what I said.
Its really nice to make a chilled soup by just whizzing veg that in the winter would be part of a "green detox smoothie". A he addition of a dash of white wine or cider vinegar does help. I'm sure it can be at enriched by yogurt or sour cream but that's not for me.
Hope you all had a chilled day, I'm wrecked with washing and laundry and shopping and planning cookery classes for the week. So chilling now by rerunning Poldark on Netflix... Everyone out.

I've never used fennel as never known what to do with it..I like your tips. Enjoy Poldark..he's the new Bond ...ooooo. BTW, can you tell us now who the celeb was at the airport now you're not working there? Pierce Brosnan is my guess 😺

Oooh thanks for the tip on the fennel!

Tibbs - I'm going to make a fennel salad that I made in Italy all the time - thinly sliced fennel, beetroot, orange pieces and crumbled feta with orange juice over it mmm :).

Nope it wasn't Pierce Brosnan, no one as handsome ( though maybe in his day, I do say maybe).
I think I described him as a British Institution. It was Cliff Richard. He was looking old and frail but he was wearing skinny jeans, a teeny leather jacket and big boots. And when he spoke and smiled it was the exact same Cliff Richard that was in Summer Holiday. A small jet takes off every day from London City airport for JFK, it has 30 seats all first class. It lands in Shannon to refuel and to allow the passengers go through American Immigration ( much quicker than in JFK). So we ( when I was there) would meet the plane and take the passengers through security, shopping and immigration and back to the plane, about an hour. Being first class it only has rich and famous and sometimes royalty.
Another plane landed every day from Kuwait going to JFK, a big 777 with up to 300 passengers. They had to stop for a full security check before entering American airspace. Economy class would be full of quite sick to extremely sick Indian people travelling to the States for medical treatment. Business class was normally Americans and some middle eastern families and Royal class ( yes not first class but royal) would be full of Sheiks and rich business men. I brought through one time some men just travelling will cases of jewels. But on that flight my job was normally unaccompanied children or else staying with the wheelchair passengers while waiting on staff to come and get them. That could be tough as we had four staff and up to.20 wheelchairs, they could be waiting qirh e up to two hours.
I better get up, it's Monday and I have to go to work again, I'm wrecked as I've been awake since 2am.

Wow! What an amazing job! I’m starvstruck just reading about it 😂
I didn’t know that you can go through US immigration in Ireland. That must be an attractive short cut for those celebs.

Hi Tipp, hope you're having a good week. Those dips you made sound delicious, thanks for the tip about the fennel, I really like it in a salad. Will try that next time :)

Wow! What an amazing job! I’m starvstruck just reading about it 😂
I didn’t know that you can go through US immigration in Ireland. That must be an attractive short cut for those celebs.

Yep, Shannon airport was the first airport ever to introduce us customs pre clearance. Dublin then thought they would lose out so they introduced it. Now a total of 6 airports have it, 2 in Ireland, 2 in Canada and I think Japan and Germany. Its extremly quick in Shannon as its such a small airport.

Oooh thanks for the tip on the fennel!

Tibbs - I'm going to make a fennel salad that I made in Italy all the time - thinly sliced fennel, beetroot, orange pieces and crumbled feta with orange juice over it mmm :).
Ooo that sounds delish😋 I've got some vegan feta..just need to buy some fennel X

Anyway, enough about avoiding my crap diet by distracting all with other stuff. Sunday evening became a disaster with wine therefore it follows that Monday was a disaster with food. Not too bad today, had a quick 3km walk this morning the a porridge smoothie. Work had two oat bars, about 5 crackers with tomato.salsa and some of my no dressing curried potato and brocolli salad, some grapes and some cashews. Dinner higher in calories and fat was a homemade pizza by making a scone base. It had cheese and chicken and we made it in cookery class. Had it with more tomato salsa. Thwn another 3km walk but slower as I had dog and husband.

Ah wowza..fascinating post there Tippy about the airline..for all it was crazy shifts and tiring it sounds really good.
I forgot you said they were British:doh: I wouldn't have guessed Cliff but pleased to hear he's a nice person..I love the film summer holiday.

Tippy, I was reading your post on Suzie's place. I think one of the main things that helps me when I've lost motivation is to count calories (roughly) and if you go haywire over 2 days try and follow it with a day or 2 of mainly veg based food if you can to try and balance things out. Don't look back on how you fell off the rails, dust yourself down and choose a new day as your start day..you can do it. You're system is probably still not back to normal eating times after your shift work either. Definitely use smaller plates as Suzie suggests and weigh your portions until you get the hang of how much you should be eating..my guesses were way out! Another thing that helped was to check out IG for people who are eating similar to me for ideas of what works, at the minute I'm finding if I have bigger meals I am not snacking in the evening but if I skip a meal or don't have enough I am guaranteed to want goodies.
image.jpeg

See, you're back on it already Tippy, 😺 I knew you would be..total faith in you X

I can do it
I can do it
I can do it

Thanks

Its routine that I have a problem with, and that's with everything. Routine with working hours, routine with food, even a weekly routine of working days and weekends. I know that sounds silly but I like to be spontaneous. I was so.happy when my children were young and got school.holidays and we could do what we wanted.
Anyway, its problems with focus and routine that have me were I am. So...
I can do this
I can do this
I can do this

I can do this
I can do this
I will do this

Morning all and starting the day on a positive vibe.
Leggings and t shirt on a ready to go for a walk.
Having my porridge smoothie for breakfast and green tea then will hop into a shower after walk and then try to get to work by 8:30am.
Lunch is packed, a box with the very last of he curried potato and some French cooked lentils with the last of the tomato salsa. The second box has crackers, grapes, cashews, chickpea dip and two oat bars. My water canteen has a litre of water and yesterday at work I managed two of them along with about four cups of herbal tea, my cups are 500ml so 2 L of tea. I just have to be good for dinner. I picked 4 baby courgettes in the tunnel last night and have baby potatoes too so plan is to cook a kale burger to have with them.

Back again and YES, I can do this.

Had a very quick 3km walk. I pumped my arms like you would if jogging and it naturally made my stride longer and I can certainly feel it in my bum and thighs and it was fast (for me) at 6.1km per hour average. Just quickly checking emails now while sweating gently before I hop into the shower and go to work. Catching up with an old friend for lunch but its in a garden near work so just bringing my work boxes with me.
Talk later

Oh well done Tippy you are so in focus, it's fabulous!

And i love the sound of the no dressing curried potato and broccoli salad mmm.

Back