Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Cookery classes sound fun, are you teaching or attending them? What kind of things do you cook? Sorry I'm so nosy but just love food :classic_big_grin:

Morning all, how are you coping with the heat. If I was at home it wouldn't be too bad but trying to wear a minimum amount of clothing and still look respectable at work is difficult. Knickers, a bra and a short linen dress and hope a fan is on at work.
I spent all Saturday in a tankini on a blanket in the shade in the garden reading, bliss.
Diet wise not the best and need to check back and see what I have and haven't logged. Yesterday was a disaster. I did relax it a bit over the weekend and had some rose wine in the garden on Friday and Saturday evenings. Sunday was very busy with lots to get ready for the coming week. Sat down about 8pm and had two glasses wine while watching Professional bake off. Of course those two glasses really affected me and was awake most of the night, I think it was just knowing I had to go to work in the morning. As a result I was starving all day yesterday, had a ham sandwich for breakfast and for lunch went out and got a Cornish pasty and a giant cookie and a chocolate...the shop had free chocolate, I mean that's just cruel.

I'm teaching the cookery classes, 3/4 nights a week for 4 weeks. Its to adults and teenscwirh Down Syndrome. This week its sticky chicken legs and rice salad, next week is scones including a pizza made on a scone base. Other suggestions are sushi and rice paper rolls and finally either a chocolate cake or coconut chicken curry with noodles. It can be difficult enough as one member doesn't eat sugar, one can't have gluten, three are in slimming world and two are just very old fashioned and fussy with food.
Back into the office today, yesterday was very long as they didn't have enough for me to do all day, and then straight to a cookery class so it was after 7 pm when I got home. I just rang home and asked them to put a frozen lasagne into the oven and had it with garlic bread. As a result I won't be weighing myself today.
Talk later.

Morning my lovely buddies. Looks like its going to be another hot hot hot day. I'm going to have a busy four weeks with work and then cookery classes after. Monday and Tuesday aren't too bad as the building I work is is very close to where we have the classes so leave one at 5.15 to start in the next at 5.30 and home by 7. Today is different though, a 1 hour 15 minute drive to get to the class so won't be home until at least 9.30 pm.
I'm finding it hard to o fit any exercise in, especially with the heat. Last night at 8pm I decided to go for a walk, then Oscar wanted to.come and he wanted to bring the dog. He is getting big and wouldn't go in the buggy. He did want to bring his scooter, which he is very good on but he also wanted to take the dogs lead so I knew I would end up carrying the scooter. Well a toddler and a husky together don't walk very fast and we had to stop a huge amount of times for both of them to go "wee wee", everytime the dog did the toddler wanted to. I have to say that dog has been great for Oscar, all his firsts where related to the dog. His first crawl, his first steps, his first word, and even his first two words were " Zara poo" when he seen dog poo. His speech is delayed so when we are together I try to get him to talk asuch as possible. So last night was Come on Zara and when reading a book he said dragon instead of his usual roar.
Anyway, sorry, the point was I'm not getting any exercise at all and sitting all day long. As a result my ankles are swelling, my legs are cramping and my hips are getting sore. So I've just gone for a very quick 2 km walk on my own before having a shower and getting ready for work. Now having a porridge and pear smoothie with flaxseed for my hips and magnesium for the cramps. Made it as a smoothie cos if I'm running late I can grab it to go and have it at my desk.
Must dash, talk later

As a result I was starving all day yesterday, had a ham sandwich for breakfast and for lunch went out and got a Cornish pasty and a giant cookie and a chocolate...the shop had free chocolate, I mean that's just cruel.

Oh god that is so unfair! And a Cornish pasty? Now you're just whispering sweet nothings to me LOL.

my ankles are swelling, my legs are cramping and my hips are getting sore. So I've just gone for a very quick 2 km walk on my own before having a shower and getting ready for work. Now having a porridge and pear smoothie with flaxseed for my hips and magnesium for the cramps. Made it as a smoothie cos if I'm running late I can grab it to go and have it at my desk.

Good idea about the smoothie, might try that myself. What about swimming? Must be the best sort of exercise for this hot weather - which i read is apparently going to continue until the end of August.

Hope work is going well and you don't want to kill them all yet :).

Wow Tipp, those are really long days for you, do you find it easier tondiet with the distraction of work, or do you think being so busy makes it hard to prepare healthy food?
Sometimes when I’m busy it’s when I start snacking in unhealthy stuff.

Cooking lessons for people with DS sounds amazing, but those dietary restrictions sound like a pain x

I find with busy work if I can.prepare lunch then healthy eating is fine. I mean we can only eat at specific times. But if I don't prepare something then I go out and buy rubbish or something full of fat and calories.

Yep, I love swimming, I just have to manage to fit it in. I'm too tired in the evening so ideally three mornings a week could be at the pool at 7 am.
Having lunch now, today's box has lentil curry, rice salad, spinach leaves, grated carrot and blueberries. Colleague beside me is having a tough day so she is having a cream eclair, an apple pastry and a cigarette. Wow don't I feel like a saint now.
And I need to stay away from the deli with the free chocolate, when they have chocolate reaching its use by date they leave plates of it on the tables for customers...too tempting for me.

So, I've already applied for annual.leave. Looking for two weeks I'm October and husband is considering the Dominican republic. Also had a slow hour earlier and went through my actual own diary drawing columns into it everyday to record food and exercise. And space for Friday weigh ins and water/ tea/ wine/ exercise for each day. No excuses now.

Catching up on your diary Tippy and seeing you're still a busy bee🐝you put me to shame when I moan about mine. Lovely to hear about Oscar's firsts being linked to your dog, what lovely memories to have. Pleased everything is going well for you, very good idea about the columns in your diary..think I'll steal that one. The DR sounds a lovely holiday destination, nice & relaxing. Oh, and brill that your temp job is up for permanent grabs 😺

Oooooo Dominican ruplican sunshine in a cold and rainy UK October... sounds lush !

Thanks all. Its not my specific job that is available but general.civil service. But we are hoping that if we get accepted into the panel.that logic will apply and if we are entitled to a full time role they will leave us where we are. However the Irish civil service is the same as every other one, logic has no place because procedures do.
Hip is extremely sore, it was starting to get uncomfortable at the airport and I was blaming all the running around and stairs and heels. It wasn't too bad my weeks of but not since I've been sitting all day its very painful, it feels like its in the bone and going all down my leg. Sitting is very painful. I've just taken some nurofean and see what that will do.
Daughter needs a lift to town early tomorrow so I'm hoping to drop her and have a quick swim.and see if that losens my hip. And maybe the jacuzzi too.

Ouch on the hip - is it time for a new mattress maybe? Or try sleeping in a different position?

I also like ibuprofen gel for joint stuff, use it on my knees at night.

I don't think its how I lie, but it might be how I sit at work or slouch on the couch. Had a very short swim yesterday and was in the jacuzzi for a while getting legs massaged. It a big stand up jacuzzi with jets for different body bits.
Was good for breakfast, brought my porridge smoothie with me, was good for lunch and break. Yesterdays ( and todays) box had sweetcorn and an Iceland veg curry. I eat them cold using crackers as a spoon. Then I sabotaged myself...why o why can I never make it past 3 days. I was going to be on my own all evening so bought fish and chips and had it with some ketchup and four, yes four glasses of rose wine. Then I had four squares of chocolate which I really didn't want and two small crackers to help take the nurofean.
Tired today, not surprised

Oh wow that jacuzzi sounds wonderful! Wish i had one here :).

Don't worry about the off plan dinner and vino, it happens. I always think, if i get into the mindset of "I must have" - I just have it and enjoy it, then get back on plan.

Its silly o clock and I'm.awake cos I've been bitten, ony wrist, on my chest and almost under my arm and its soooolo itchy. I've just got up.and taken some of husbands cream for it. Or it could be hives, does anyone get hives anymore I've never heard of them recently. I always had them as a child and was covered in calamine lotion. Everyone had them, we were told they were caused by eating eggs or heat.
Lasagne for dinner last night and wine and a pear and almond tart, Friday night treat. Definitely will have to get rid of wine or have a drinking rota as baby due in 5 weeks but she's been told it will probably be earlier and one of us has to be able to drive all the time.
No plans for today other than washing the bedclothes as soon as husband wakes up.or else I'll be imagining I'm getting bitten the whole time.

Morning not up at quite so silly o'clock as you but out walking Bertie a 5.30 am.
I got hives last year for the first time! but yours sound like bites get some antihistamines
they and some cream will help.
I got one on my wrist last week whilst travelling home through France and it kept me awake too.

Ouch on the bites - I get hives if I eat too many strawberries, or pineapple, but not sure they would be itchy enough to keep me awake. Maybe a flying mozzie, the ones with long legs, got in? They have awful bites that itch for ages.

I also came out in welts yesterday on my hand, I think because of dust mites at work. Lanacaine cream usually helps take the itch away.

Husbands cream is cortisone and its doing no good at all. I don't really want to take anything if I can help it, the last time the piriton made me all woozy but I did need it after the horsefly bites. These are probably midges but could be spider.
Slept in lovely clean sun dried bed linen last night.
Had a nice day yesterday. Husband and Oscar went to wash the car and I brought daughter to Tesco to see what bargains we could get as it was a special clubcard celebration. Well we didn't need a TV, a microwave, a kettle, a trampoline,1L spirits or slabs of beer so we got mayonnaise, cereal and Pringles and won a packet of Tayto each. Went home and we all had lunch. I said I needed to go in to rest, husband was going out and daughter needed to lie down but Oscar wanted to stay in the garden. So I ended being a big blanket out and me and Oscar sat in the garden and read lots of books together. He loves The Whale and the Snail and it now appears to be my job to read to him. We also pottered in and out washing dishes and doing laundry. And I have some still boxed wooden dolls house furniture that we take out sometimes and he uses his finger puppets as "babies". Anyway, we ended up playing for over five hours and his Mammy slept all that time, she needed a rest.
Food wise while I had some bad things I also had some good things. Porridge and peach smoothie for breakfast and no second breakfast. For lunch I made chilled green soup, into Nutribullet I put baby spinach, cucumber, frozen peas, mint, water and a splash white wine vinegar...and voila that's it. A really healthy and tasty chilled summer soup. Though I did have it with cranberry and sunflower seed sourdough ( also a Tesco special) buttered, 3 slices luncheon meat and some Pringles. Washed down with a glass of no sugar Tesco elderflower tonic water. Dinner then I made a lovely salad and have enough for today and hopefully tomorrows lunches. Cooked some new potatoes and some brocolli florets lightly. The in a non stick pan I toasted sunflower seeds and dry fried some sweet red pepper. Take these from the pan and added some curry paste, thickly sliced the cooked potato into this and tossed for a minute or two...I thinned the curry paste out with some light olive oil. And that's it, stir the curried potato, cooked broccoli, grilled peppers and sunflower seeds together. Thus was dinner with tempura broccoli and some tempura sea bass that I made and also sprinkled with sesame seeds. Yep, Tesco also had a special.on seabass so husband had two fillets grilled and I'm not a fish lover but tried to force myself to eat it.
The overall day also had 4 squares chocolate, 3 glasses wine and one pack Tayto and no actual exercise.

Work meals now seem to have fallen into a pattern. For breakfast a porridge smoothie or sometimes I need something crunchy then its toast with peanut butter. I know have a large bag for lunch with two lunchboxes, a cup and a canteen. Canteen holds 1L water which I go through at my desk. Cup takes 500ml tea, green tea or mint tea or sometimes both together. I have at least one before leaving home and 3 through the day at work. Lunch box one is divided into two sections and has something starch and something saucy. So it could be curried lentils and rice, or curried veg and quinoa. They could be homemade or Iceland or packets. One of these will have veg. Lunch box two has lots of little sections and has crackers, two oat bars, some berries or grapes and a pot of homemade dip and some salad greens andaybe a grated carrot.
11am I have crackers with some of box one on top. Then lunchtime more crackers with box one, some of the raw veg, dip and an oat bar. Afternoon break is water and an oat bar and nibble at the fruit at my desk. Box one sometimes stays at work for the next day or sometimes comes home and becomes dinner with a veggie burger.
That's the plan for everyday and I manage it 3 out of 5 work days.

Hi Tippy, your day in the garden with Oscar sounds glorious..how I miss those types of days. I can't believe the time has whizzed around so fast and your new grandbaby is nearly due😺
Food sounds great and I think I'll make the soup, do you just put a handful of the veggies in it? Curried potatoes sound good too, I'll make those too.
Having been a 12hr shift worker on continental shifts I think it's hard settling back into normal eating pattern when you no longer have to eat on the hop but you're doing it fine and have a good routine going on X

Back