Tig's shed :)

I'm in Ireland, but there is a half I'm thinking of (read: afraid) of doing :eek: on April 1st. I need a kick in the bum to sign up for it before it's too late!

Definitely up for some motivation :D

DO IT! Don't think just do it on the spur of the moment... That's how I started! It's still how I enter them now, I'm always on a high after finishing one, so I'll enter the next straight after (before the pain kicks in) <---------- Joke! There is no pain, go for it! Now :p

For a future goal, the Dublin marathon is supposed to be great, and it isn't too hard to get into in comparison to the biggies (London/ NY).

How many miles are you averaging a week?

x

Gah I'm going to.... I think. I need to find 70 euro this week first, somewhere.. lol ;)

I'd love to do the Dublin Marathon. I entered a comp last year to be trained/fitted out etc for it but I didn't make it past the second round. I obviously wasn't desperate enough to trawl FB for votes... (bitter? me? :p ) Next year the Dublin marathon is my goal!

I prob average 20-25 miles a week. Struggling to find time to fit more in with 3 small kiddies..

Oooh no, I've just checked again.. it's 38E to enter! whoop. but it's 3rd of March, not April first :eek:

If you can do 10 already you'll be fine!! You shouldn't run the full distance leading up the race in your training. Runners World have some very good plans, I'm following one at the mo!

Do it :) x

I made the rice pudding this evening, it was lush :)

So, tomorrow
B. Butternut squash chips, shrooms and tomatoes- weird I know, leftovers
L. Fish finger sandwich with mayo and salad :D (hexb & 11 syns) ---> I've used the high syn values
D. Rice pud with banana and strawbs
S. Strawberries, ryvita and spread (4 syns)

Run - 2miles

Weigh in Monday! I'm hoping for 2lbs!

Last edited:
Eeep - BNS chips for brekkie! lol Is that a continental breakfast or a conti-mental breakfast? (see what I did there ;) :p )

Best of luck for WI! Hope it goes well. Have melon, melon, melon and more melon. Works for me :D

x

Lol, very witty! It's sounds minging doesn't it, but I'm trying to do this terrible success express! It doesn't appear to have have had a profound effect, so think i'm going back to red/green from Tuesday!

Melon?? Really? Any particular type? Defo going to give that a try. I'm a bit naughty on weigh in day, I *always(!)* run a couple of hours before, then won't eat or drink anything... I'm sure I'm not the only one with a little scheme!!

Have you entered the half yet?

x

I don't think I'll get my 2lbs tomorrow, AND my running has really suffered this week! I'm going back to some green days I think, up the carbs and see what happens!

Tomorrow, weigh day, and I'm at a course.
EE
B. Edit - no time to cook - weetabix (hexb) and milk (hexa). Satsuma
L. half a sarnie at conference, apple, grapes and satsumas
D. Just seen the corned beef pasty recipe! Def doing this with SW chips and beans! YUM! - 8syns
S. Malteaser bunny :) 8 syns

E. run & swim

Not an ideal day, there were surely some sneaky syns in the sarnie (I didn't make it), but I'm ignoring this...

Last edited:
Lol, very witty! It's sounds minging doesn't it, but I'm trying to do this terrible success express! It doesn't appear to have have had a profound effect, so think i'm going back to red/green from Tuesday!

Melon?? Really? Any particular type? Defo going to give that a try. I'm a bit naughty on weigh in day, I *always(!)* run a couple of hours before, then won't eat or drink anything... I'm sure I'm not the only one with a little scheme!!

Have you entered the half yet?

x

Eeek Success Express! I looked it up once and decided against it. I think a lot of my main meals are more than 1/3 SF anyway :confused:

I'm an EE girl all the way :D

Melon in any way shape or form. Preferably through the gob ;) My fav is Galia but they are expensive little buggars. Sometimes they are on offer in Lidl and I stock up and become a melon muncher for the week. lol They are great for bloating and I always had fab losses after a melon fuelled week :p

I have *never* *ever* run before WI to get to target *ahem* I mean to get a loss... :ashamed0005: :bolt:

I don't think I'll get my 2lbs tomorrow, AND my running has really suffered this week! I'm going back to some green days I think, up the carbs and see what happens!

Tomorrow, weigh day, and I'm at a course. EE today
B. Bacon, tinned toms. Banana, satsuma
L. Most probs sarnie (hexb). Pineapple, yog
D. Just seen the corned beef pasty recipe! Def doing this with SW chips and beans! YUM!

E. run & swim
Corned beef pasty does look yum. As do the instant mash sausage rolls. I hope you have a good result tomorrow at WI

(And No, I haven't entered the half yet. I'm second guessing myself and having a crisis of confidence. I don't want to come last. lol What is an average time/pace? I've just registered with runnersworld but I'm a bit lost on there :confused: )

My name is Helen btw :eek: :wavey:

Yea, it's not the nicest forum to be honest, but the articles and training plans are good. This is the link to the marathon plan... Get Your Ultimate Marathon Training Plan From Runner's World.com You should be able to navigate from here!

I'm more of a pineapple girl myself! :) But I shall be trying melon tomorrow, and back on EE :D

You will not be the slowest, I can guarantee, people walk these things, and do it dressed as... melons, for example. I'm a slowey, 10min miles all the way, and I'm usually clumped in the middle! The most important thing is to not shoot off too fast because others are. Have you got a watch that tracks pace? I brought a Garmin 110, it's very good.
As for the sausage rolls, they are also on my list to try! Have you tried the kebab, it's amazing! x

Planning for tomorrow, I'll edit this later after weigh in!
EE day!
B. Rice pud with strawbs (1/2 hexa) and jam- 2syns
L. Veg stirfry. Kinder bar - 6syns
D. Homemade bacon burger (hexb & 1/2 hexa) with SW chips, beetroot and side salad - 2syns
S. Carrot sticks, Quark with option sachet 2syns and strawbs

12syns
----------
1.5lbs off at weigh in! I was hoping for more after a 100% success express week, but oh well. It's still a loss!
2.5lbs off pre Xmas weight and 8.5lbs to target!

Need to do some syn saving this week, as I'll be having my first drink of 2012 on Saturday night :D
x

Last edited:
I started my push up/ sit up challenge! Will record it with my food diaries, it's a 3x a week jobby. There is also a plan for tricep dips, may start that one to tone up my arms :)

Planning for tomorrow!
B. beans on toast (hexb)
L. Tuna pasta with cucumber and sweetcorn (1 syn), lilt zero (1syn), apple and muller light
D. Rice pud (hexa) with muller light
S. Strawbs, nakd bar 7 syns, mikado sticks 6syns

I've not been feeling 100%, but maybe a run tomorrow!
x

Last edited:
I feel dreadful :( don't want to cook, want something easy! I'm thinking I'll make some rice pud, stodgy warm food! I haven't ran since Sunday!
Boo :( hope I'm better by weekend! Still planning my days...
EDIT: Oh dear... Feeling sorry for myself and have eaten a load of junk to the tune of 50ish syns! Oooops
Tomorrow
B. Banana
L. Very small corned beef hash 5(?) syns (hexb - oil) with carrots and brocolli. Banana, mullerlight
D. The fish pie I was supposed to be doing tonight! With looads of veg. (hexa)
S. Chocolate 8 syns, banana

Last edited:
Still not quite 100%, binge-fest probably didn't help! Will be on plan rest of week!
Tomorrow... Green
B. Weetabix (hexb) and milk (hexa), pear
L. Leftover fish pie ( hexa)(hexb) and veg, mullerlight, kinder snack bar 6syns
D. Mushy pea curry with Sw chips
S. Pears, fruit salad, milky war - 6syns

I've jumped on the green tea bandwagon, also peppermint tea to help keep things moving! Saturday I'm at friends so I'm going to pick a bottle of low alcohol wine and pick a lower syn takeaway (chow mein?) and fingers crossed I'll be better so I can run!
Sit up/ push up challenge tonight too, day 2!
X

Last edited:
Hello :wavey:

Sorry for going AWOL! I've been having a little time off. lol Well done on your loss, don't worry about the binge. I think sometimes we need to get it out of our systems.

Hope you have a better day today x

Hello stranger! Ooo days off lovely! The scales don't want to move for me at the mo! Have you entered that half?
I'll be running again from tomorrow :) x

Planning for tomorrow, EE

B. Bacon, saute tatos and spag o's
L. Leftover mush pea curry (if there is any!) with some SW chips
D. At a friends, so takeaway, I'm thinking I'll suggest chinese... Syns for wine too, I'm going to try get some of this lower alcohol wine and some sugar free lemonade!

Back on the running tomorrow! I'll have a good lie in and hopefully will feel up for it!

Last edited:
Back