Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Tier 3 for me, but Christmas was going to be a quiet affair anyway so it'll be restricted to hello's to the neighbours over the back fence and conversations on Facetime.

Have a lovely weekend!

Tier 3 for me as they count us as part of Bristol. :(
Not that people take any notice of it. They still go out and the school kids who are suppose to be self isolating are out.
We have another year off with it. Next week we will have 3 years back in but won't be long before they go off again.

I can see come Christmas everyone will be mixing and we will be back in lockdown come January.

Have a good weekend @tipperary

I saw on the news today that they want shoppers to spend no longer than 15 mins in a shop. How many people are going to do that and they are saying already we will be in a 2 week lockdown again.:(

How has your weekend been @tipperary

Morning all, well food and drink wise the weekend went a bit sideways and once again i have some catching up to do and need to be more organised and plan more in advance.
Christmas all decorated now in our house including the 12 foot tree and it did take the the full week to do it. Carrying war wounds from it, boob is still very bruised and sore. And my hip is now down to "i will do one hours work and thats it".
Lockdown news, we are allowed out tomorrow 😊, so i can buy underwear and eat out (with limitations) but already with a pre emptive warning of assuming rates will rise and back to lockdown the second week of January.
New job starting today and i am already wondering if i made the right decision, more of a better the divil you know than actual concerns about the work. I have been working from home for 9 months now, am i mad to go back into an office environment and be stuck to a 9 to 5 daily. And new job is 9 to 5.30. Old job at home i did 8 to 4 and when in the office did a combination of 8 to 4 or 10 to 6 as suited me. Anyway, we shall see.
Not sure yet how food and meals will work in new job. No idea about canteen and facilities especially now with social distancing. I have been comfortably having 2 meals a day at about 11am and 5pm, that wont fit into new work day. And ive seen a few people there, and indeed other workplaces, now having lunch in their car. Thats not really going to work for noodle soup. 😳
Getting up now, i have chicken stock to make soup and a new wide thermos to keep it in, cracottes and egg mayonaisse and thats lunch sorted. Though dont know what time that will be. Have a homemade chicken pie in freezer will take out for dinner. Will have a cucumber smoothie before i leave and bring an almond milk latte with me (a small thermos) and hopefully find time and space through the day for them.
Original plan for clothes was to keep it conservative and go navy trousers, white shirt and a scarf. But have decided stuff that, start as i plan to go on and more importantly be comfortable and be me. So its linen and cottons, layers of trousers, tunics, scarves and colours. Actually its more about the footwear i am comfortable in right now so no high heels or corporate clothing.
Anyway, will see how today goes and report back later.
Stay safe all.

Last edited:
Oh the trees look lovely - as does your table setting! And ditto the soft furry throw, my girls would love that :).

How did work go? Don't worry about concerns, remember there were good reasons for you leaving your old job.

Not sure how it went today to be honest. I dont have a desk or a chair yet so was dragging a canteen chair around with me. And i am horrified how close people are to each other and how overcrowded with files and boxes the place is. But right now its possible i would feel that way about anywhere. So its a try it and see. Back is killing me from not sitting properly so lying down now.
Had cucumber and spinach sort of smoothie at 9am and about 6 mugs herbal tea between 7 and 12. Lunch at 1.30pm was cracottes, egg mayonaisse and chicken and veg broth. And chicken potato pie just now. I seem full for the day so far.

I also had 4 squares of chocolate yesterday. I realised i didnt drink enough water at all and need to up that today. Food todaybthe plan is for the samecas yesterday really cos thats what i have ready. I was so tired when i came home that i just didnt have time to prepare anything else. I might bring my smoothie with me though if i can. Need to try to start a little earlier today, if only to get easier parking🙄

I was the same in my last job, got there for 10 to 8 so i could get a park!

Hope they get you a desk etc sorted - i think I'd feel the same about space, after being used to so much of it for months.

Morning all, just waking up to another day and not really looking forward to it. But i know thats the same in every job when you start. It has me totally exhausted, thats to be expected after working from home for so long. Not sure what to wear today.
Food today is the last of the veg broth, cracottes, avocado and ham. I cant even make a cucumber smoothie with my supplements as ive no cucumber, i might pick some spinach and mint. An ive no almond milk for an afternoon latte. But i do have coconut milk so might do coconut and cacoa... I dont like coconut with coffee, the tastes clash. I guesd that means i have some shopping to do.
My weight ballooned up over the weekend so struggling to get it even back to last Thursdays weight never mind lose any or make this weeks target.
Stay safe and warm and happy today everyone

Last edited:
Yep it does sound like you need to get some shopping in - what about getting it delivered, if you're short of time? Or are you too rural?

You'll soon settle into the job, but it can be a bit daunting at first, so much new stuff to learn - but they chose you and you're completely on top of it x

I might get out at lunch for shopping or after work now that im in town. Just making a list.

Stopped at Tesco on the way home and as well as food essentials I got leggings and tights so that has stretched my wardrobe by another few items.
Smoothie this morning become blueberries and coconut milk. The smoothie used to be about a breakfast meal on the go but now it has just become about a vehicle to add my supplements to. I am taking echinacea to boost immune system now that i am back mixing with people (started 2 weeks before i commenced the job), magnesium, b complex, glucosimine and milk thistle. Lunch today as planned but over tea break and lunch break. I went for a very short walk around the car park at lunch as I needed to loosen my hip. Then dinner was the last pumpkin cottage pie.
No wine and no snacks today, thats 3 days on plan. Not sure what tomorrows lunch will be as i have no soup left so nothing warm to take for lunch.
Next week i get my first ever flu shot, i get it free as part of my job and dont have to leave the building, hopefully no side effects.
Thats me done for another day, sleep well all.

Morning, 5.45am and ive just put a chicken in the oven and now back to bed for a while. Might have chicken, avocado n rocket for lunch and then maybe chicken skinny noodle stir fry for dinner. No one else is home for dinner tonight si planning on making a pie filling with the remaining chicken and topping with cheesy cauliflower mash and freezing for next weeks workday dinners. Thats what suited me this week. I got IKEA 600ml square glass food dishes with lids, perfect for cooking in, freezing and and reheating again. Each morning this week i just took one out to defrost and then dinner was ready in 10 mins when i got in. Handy for trying to eat early and allow for longer fasting window. Im typically now 6.30pm to 10.30am so 16 hours fasting. Then tea break and lunch at work tend to share smoothie and packed lunch whichever which way and a latte or hot chocolate for 4pm slump and that has been me all week.

That all sounds mega organised, and helps you to keep well and truly on plan.

Re your supplements, you might want to add turmeric, just make sure it has curcumin (black pepper) in it, as that helps the turmeric absorb into the blood stream quicker.

Love the sound of that blueberry and coconut milk smoothie - yum!

And the pics are gorgeous - you and a friend of mine are like peas out of a pod, she is decorating from top to bottom like that too :).

I love making things so having Christmas as an excuse is great for me.
Yep lunch packed, fresh roast chicken, avocado, rocket, olive oil and cracottes

Well things went off plan as i got home and dinner became a ready madevthai chicken curry, 2 pitta breads and 3 glasses wine. In a rush now, back later.

Back