Tipperary wobbles into 2024

I had my first flu jab a couple of weeks ago. I had slight flu symptoms for 2 days after but apparently thats normal.

Love you Christmas decorations.

What benefits have you found by taking all those supplements? Reason I'm asking is I don't take any but was wondering if any would benefit my sleeping. I'm being wired up again Thursday night to see why I can't sleep. I done a basic one last week and my oxygen and pulse was normal so they want to do a more detail one.

Anything planned for the weekend?

The milk thistle was to help my liver after the wine, i dont take it always. The echinacea boosts your immune system and is supposed to help prevent common colds etc. I started taking it 2 weeks before returning to an office environment as i havent been mixing with people and will continue until February anyway. Its one of those that you cant really prove if it works. The glucosimine is for creaky joints, it wont do anything for my hip but my knees are a bit creaky. And sometimes my finger joints get hot and stiff and it does seem to help with that. Finally the magnesium and vit b are for my heart and nervous system. A good few years ago i was having heart palpations and it caused a lot of anxiety. I went through about 2 years of all sorts trying to fix it and eventually discovered magnesium helped. It may be that my heart muscle was cramping and the magnesium helped (not a medical diagnosis). The B complex just improves that. The reason they go into a smoothie is cos I cant swallow tablets at all, not even the teeniest ones so this is an easy way to take them. And its nit even a smoothie, its a quarter of a cucumber normally with about a small glass of water put into my Ninja with the supplements and whizzed.

Yes, taking magnesium does seem to help my sleep pattern but its not a "take one fall asleep" its more long term

Yes, taking magnesium does seem to help my sleep pattern but its not a "take one fall asleep" its more long term

That is my problem. If I take something and I don't feel any benefit after a week I stop taking it. Perhaps next year I will start the year with Magnesium again and take it for the year.:)

Morning all, waiting on the car to defrost before i drive to work. Not really sure how i feel about going in, everything in there is very topsy turvet at the moment. And the sheer amount of boxes and bits of paper stored all over the place really bother me. I may jve said it, im short, under 5 foot and i can get my legs under the desk dye to all the stuff that is stored. Its a health jazard, a safety hazard and a fire hazard. At least today i will have a desk and a chair bur my desk is full of someone elses predecessors paperwork. If its not moved today i will find a stirage box for it cos it was an avalanche on Friday and files went spewing everywhere

Food packed, cauliflower and brocolli soup, cheese, ham, egg mayonaisse and 4 cracottes. Will have that between break and lunch. Also have cucumber and coconut milk with supplements and an almond milk latte. Lots of water and mint tea too.
Stay warm.

Morning all, waiting on the car to defrost before i drive to work. Not really sure how i feel about going in, everything in there is very topsy turvet at the moment. And the sheer amount of boxes and bits of paper stored all over the place really bother me. I may jve said it, im short, under 5 foot and i can get my legs under the desk dye to all the stuff that is stored. Its a health jazard, a safety hazard and a fire hazard. At least today i will have a desk and a chair bur my desk is full of someone elses predecessors paperwork. If its not moved today i will find a stirage box for it cos it was an avalanche on Friday and files went spewing everywhere

Food packed, cauliflower and brocolli soup, cheese, ham, egg mayonaisse and 4 cracottes. Will have that between break and lunch. Also have cucumber and coconut milk with supplements and an almond milk latte. Lots of water and mint tea too.
Stay warm.
I honestly don’t know how people can work with an untidy desk so my heart goes out to you. Your lunch sounds yum tho 👍

Morning all, its been a busy week at work and i finally got computer access and after 2 days of emails to IT even got access to the files I need. So full steam ahead from next Monday. Im still unsure if i made the right move but I know a lot of that is due to having to be in an office environment again.
Ive been trying to have a set pattern for meals and have been ok-ish. But xmas treats are all over the place. So have decided just to try to be sensible and then get fully on board once xmas is done.

Yep that's my approach too, it's just too easy to be swayed - there is so much food advertising on TV at the moment, I counted four in a row last night!

Hopefully you will be settled in your new job before Christmas and then can relax a bit over Christmas. I guess you do have a couple of days off then?

My FIL sent a hamper again. I do tell him not to as I don't eat wheat. What did I do yesterday. Came back from a walk and opened the Christmas cake bar that was in it. Then today I had half of the Christmas pud with custard. I will be suffering badly later. I know I shouldn't do it but I think because I haven't had any for a while just fancied it so done it.:rolleyes:

I will be suffering badly later. I know I shouldn't do it but I think because I haven't had any for a while just fancied it so done it.:rolleyes:

I know, the saying a little of what you fancy isnt always true.

I have 5 days of at xmas, back in for 3 days and then 4 days of for New Year. It wont settle down until Feb anyway as we are still one team member down and only then will i actually know fully what my role is and be able to do it. It was bedlam yesterday, I spent the while day on the phone trouble shooting. Hard when you arent familiar with the people involved and using Google to give people directions

I dont often look in the mirror butbspent some time doing it on Saturday as was getting my hair done. Something didn't look right and I wriggled and squinted and moved to double check and yep, my eyes werent deceiving me. The left side of my face is much fatter than my right side. My baggy chin is much bigger. Ive known for about 2 years my left breast is much bigger, more than a cup size. It makes bras very difficult. And my baggy belly hangs much lower on the left than the right. I know we are not symmetrical but its not usually so visible. Has anyone else experienced this to such an extreme before. Being visibly fatter in one side than the other??? 😩

Morning all, im totally exhausted and feel like i havent had a weekend break at all. My mam has been admitted to hospital, long complicated story but simple version she is having seizures and the last one while in hospital seems to have caused her to lose her speech.

Oh gosh Tipp I'm so sorry to hear that!!! You must be completely wiped out!

Here's hoping they get to the bottom of it and she gets her health back xxx

Sorry was in the middle of posting and had to run. So trying to connect with the hospital all weekend. Daughter 2 also had an accident in her car over the weekend so it was running everywhere trying to sort them both out

Oops see, cut off again. Anyway, no rest at al and back full wham to work yesterday. Thanfully i took xmas eve off as annual leave so will have a full 5 days free. But our staff if 5 is now down to 2 and its bedlam busy due to xmas. All i do is eat and sleep when i gwt home. And sometimes even too tired to eat so dinner becomes toast.

OMG is your daughter OK? You really need to make sure you rest too hun, this always happens when there's a family thing, you get run ragged and then get sick! Take care of yourself xxx

Thanks Susie, daughter is fine, car is smashed but she is fine. And Mam been admitted and discharged from hospital a total of 3 times this week. She should really be admitted for a few weeks but due to covid and christmas they dont want to keep anyone in. And dont i know it, new job means i am finding carers for all the people being discharged from the local hospital this week and cover for Christmas. So as i said, bedlam.
Anyway, its now Christmas eve and i am off work until Tuesday 29th. Going to get up, put on all the xmas lights. Have a slow indulgent breakfast, tidy up, light the fire and the get food prepping for tomorrow and cooking for tonight. We have an xmas eve meal as French Xmas is celebrated Xmas Eve. So Christmas starts in our house at 5pm. So a busy busy day for me.
Will cook the ham early and this evening its ham, smoked salmon, quiche, sausage rolls, coleslaw, green salad, pate and potato salad.

Back