Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Morning, well had an unofficial weigh in and weight is up from Friday. However first weigh in was actually a whole kilo more, so I moved the scale about 5 cm and lost a kilo. 😅 So putting the scale back upstairs in the bathroom were it was originally (husband moved it to weigh a parcel) but sure who knows what weigh i will be then. Anyway weight is just an abstract number, it's how I feel, how I fit in my clothes and my level of fitness that's important...and when in all 3 my answer comes back as cr@p. That's how i feel and look and move😭.
Just had a 15min jiggle and tried to do some stretches too. And will try to take a few steps at lunchtime around the car park. If only to get fresh air in my lungs. After hours at a computer screen I explain to my colleagues that I'm taking my eyes for a walk.
Lunch today as yesterday, chicken, coleslaw, brogies and have some rocket packed too. Dinner could be an omelette, ham and avocado, or some grilled cauliflower depending on how much energy I have left.
Talk later

It was much too wet to get out at lunchtime so no walk. Had a jiggle at home just now and dinner. A 2 egg omelette, mashed avocado, slice of ham, some rocket and a drizzle of pistachio oil.

Pistachio oil, is it nice?
Mmmm yes,lovely and toasty and nutty. Drizzled on the avocado it was lovely. And I've often had home made pitta drizzled with it and not needed anything else in the meal.

It just feels too cold for water on its own - but tea and coffee count too :). And you drink a lot of herbal tea.
Well it was so busy at work yesterday that i didnt realise i hadnt added the peppermint tea bag to my cup so ended up drinking warm water... Twice😊

Well it was so busy at work yesterday that i didnt realise i hadnt added the peppermint tea bag to my cup so ended up drinking warm water... Twice😊
Yes some days can be crazy and stressful on the brain.

Cooled boiled water is amazing for your skin so you are glowing after it.

Yep, and easier to drink rhan cold water.
Well had a jiggle this morning and just had lunch now. Morrocan meatball with pumpkin, had it with 2 brogies for the crunch. Trying hard with water intake and herbal tea today as i know my fluids have been down lately.
Looking forward to getting my bike and even using it for 15 minutes each morning instead of the vibration board would be an increase on what i do. Its compatible with ifit and comes with free 12 month subsription. Ive been looking up some of the classes and they are way above my level, but something to aspire to.

You will get there. The bike will be great for you. Surely there are some beginners classes available for you? I'm sure it won't take you long to get up to that level. I think you are a very determined woman when you set your sights on something.

Did you manage to put the teabag in the water today? 😂😂😂

Yep, i remembered the T bag, barely though
So tired now, trying to move myself from the couch to bed. Lunch was meatballs n pumpkin and had fishfingers and coleslaw for dinner. Ive also had 2 digestives today and 2 small squares of dark chocolate. Not sure how much water i managed. Had a short walk at lunchtime around the car park and didnt feel too bad, will try again tomorrow. Talk tomorrow.

Morning all , well yesterday wasn't too bad but did succumb to one glass of wine last night, and it stayed at one. Had ham, cheese, coleslaw and brogies for lunch and the end of the pumpkin n meatballs for dinner when I came home. But also had a slice of toast with dinner and a small piece of cheese leftover from lunch ( goats gouda with fenugreek, made locally and great after a meal instead of chocolate). Had a glass of wine while watching TV. In bed by 9.30pm and managed to sleep. Have had problems sleeping this week as heart has been jumping and head racing, I have been taking paracetamol as some nights my hip has just been so painful and am wondering is it that. I fall asleep for about 30 minutes and then wake up wired.
I've fallen into a nice weekday pattern with food now, just 2 meals a day and small enough ones. Tea for breakfast and no time for morning t break, just more tea in my bamboo cup. Lunch at work at 1pm and dinner at home at 6pm. I will have 2 digestives at work, usually about 4pm but might have 1 about 12pm if lunch is going to be late. And then I have some dark 85% chocolate after dinner, 2 small pieces, it would be less than Cadburys squares as very thin. That's become the daily pattern. A 15 minute jiggle in the morning and try a short walk at lunchtime, or a hobble around the car park. If not a second jiggle while dinner is cooking. I found yesterday and Wednesday I did have more energy and am walking a bit quicker, an actual walk rather than a hobble, and finding the stairs easier to manage at work.
Have had unofficial weighins this week and had put all the lost weight back on over the weekend, yesterday I had managed to get back to last Fridays weight and was hoping for a loss this morning, but who knows what effect the slice of toast and wine will have had on me. Fingers crossed. The important thing is to reduce the weight my hip has to carry and see if that reduces the pain.
Lunch today will be a toasted sandwich at my desk about 12pm as then I need to go out on my break to do the weekly shopping. Anything else is just too messy to eat at a desk. Not sure what dinner will be, it will just be dinner for one tonight. Trying to avoid carb heavy takeaway but do want a treat, I might get olives and hummus and go for tapas style nibbles or something like that.
Be back in a while with official weigh in, fingers crossed.

Weighed in and showed as a STS. Well I wasn't happy with that so moved the scales back upstairs to the bathroom and it showed a 200g loss. That brings me to a total of 3kg loss for this year so far. Stats and challenges updated and ticker will update overnight

Morning all, just woken up and can't believe it 7.30 am, I thought it was only about 4am.😅. I've slept all night. The boiler blew up yesterday and I lite a fire last night in the sitting room but the rest of the house is cold including the bedroom. Well I think its just right, I keep telling my husband the heat is too high, it's January, I shouldn't be in the house in a t shirt and barefeet. Any, waking up now and feel rested and better sleep should help with loss. Dinner last night became a spinach and chickpea pastry, a packet of crisps and a slice of fruitcake. Definitely not on plan but not too extravagant. And I fell asleep watching Abba at the bbc about 9pm.
Talk later,one of the little cats is calling me, she is limping so I kept her in last night.

Last edited:
Cold here this morning but it looks like the sun will be out later. :)
3kg loss so far is brill.
I was watching Abba last night. I could listen to them all day. Lost count on how many times I have watched the movies.

Anything exciting planned for today? Soon be time for gardening again.:)

Yep need to get one seeds sown today, tomatoes. And winter salads to transplant in the tunnel

Morning all, and it's another Monday. And another grey and miserable one. So I am wearing my bright flowery coat to make it feel better. Unofficial Monday weigh-in has the usual weekend increase. I know, I'm stupid, I do it every weekend and spend the week trying to claw it back. I need to find a happy medium. I'm now at a comfortable 2 meals a day even at weekends. Though the weekend ones may be earlier than weekday. I was up at 5 am yesterday, but only cos I fell asleep at 7pm on Saturday. So had breakfast yesterday at 9am of avocado, coleslaw, fried egg and bacon medallions. Then 2pm was savoury mince with lots of veggies in it on 3 brogies and sprinkled with cheddar. I was going to have soup at 6pm but instead had a treat, homemade apple tart with custard. Pastry was thin and no added sugar on the homegrown apples. I made and froze a batch uncooked in October when we picked the apples and an odd Sunday put one in the oven.
Lunch packed and it's homemade veg soup made with chicken stock, chicken liver pate, cracottes, coleslaw, rocket, olives and I have some peanuts. Im sure I won't have it all but have a nice selection to pick from.
No word yet on when my exercise bike might be here, it was pre-ordered for last Friday but no email saying it's shipped yet

Lunch as planned and having 2 digestives now on an unofficial 5 minute break

Just in bed and it was a no wine day, Monday normally is though. Dinner was some of the cooked mince and grilled courgette with a sprinkle of cheese.

Back