Tipperary wobbles into 2024

maybe a kind of RSI if you are using it all day for clicking? hope you are ok

It feels like inflammation so hoping it's not arthritis.

Today was a good day. A digestive at 11am and I had meatballs, broccoli sprinkled with some cheese for lunch at 1pm. A 5km cycle up a mountain in the French Polynesian islands after work. And dinner just now was cauliflower and coconut soup, roast chicken and some rocket with olive oil. And I've just had a square of dark chocolate now.
The cycle was tough enough, the intensity was increased for the hills. And the instructor wanted me to stand and cycle for 30 second intervals. Well I tried and just couldn't. But I did finish the cycle, it took me about 18 minutes to do the 5km.
I think tomorrow I might have a jiggle in the morning and then go for a walk at lunchtime.

Sounds like that bike was well worth the wait. It sounds amazing. I'm jealous of the beautiful trails you are taking. Keep it up, you'll be standing and cycling in no time. In the meantime keep trying, you'll get there

Is it a Peloton or something similar that you've bought, @tipperary?

Ditto what Simone says, those trails sound wonderful - I'm guessing you have a computer screen in front of you that shows the road/path you're doing?

Similar to Pelaton, it's Ifit...the same concept. You have a choice of live studio classes or cycle trails where you get to cycle after a trainer through the countryside. The app is on my tablet which slots onto the bike and connects with bluetooth. Then the app takes control of the bike changing the resistance according to the road conditions and what the trainer has set. And you see route on the screen. I'm not able to match the trainers speed so my overall mileage is less than that the trainer covers but it's more about keeping your pace and rhythm as the resistance changes. It's about €140 for yearly membership, which I never would have considered. But I got a free one years subscription with the bike. Only 3 cycles in and it certainly is pushing me a lot more than the 2 cycles I did without it so certainly good for motivation. It will be interesting to see now if it has an effect on my weight. I was getting no exercise at all and I really need to get weight of that hip before I go back to the consultant.

Morning all, well an unofficial weigh in has the last 2 weeks gain gone. So if I can stay focussed I may get a loss this week. I'm fine during the week but then blow it at the weekends. But I am now at a very comfortable 2 meals a day every day including weekends so that seems to be a permanent lifestyle change. And even with the weekend excesses I am definitely much more lower carb than I had been. So looking at these as positive life changes rather than "diet mode ".

Lunch packed is spiced cauliflower and coconut soup, roast chicken and mashed avocado. I also have some crackers, cream cheese and olives. So should be satisfied for whatever mood I'm in. Hopefully work isn't too hectic today and I get time to sit for a proper !unch. And I'd like to go for a short walk too. If I can cycle every second day and then fit in a jiggle and a walk on alternate days I will be very happy.
Off to get dressed, talk later.

Small victory, I am wearing a pair my old work trousers. Haven't wore them in about a year, well lockdown 2020. They may have fit last summer but as I didn't leave the house I wouldn't know. They didn't fit Dec 2020 when I started this job.

Last edited:
Well done on the loss, the trousers, the continuing biking and the 2 meals a day working well for you!

And that soup sounds absolutely lovely!

Small victory, I am wearing a pair my old work trousers. Haven't wore them in about a year, well lockdown 2020. They may have fit last summer but as I didn't leave the house I wouldn't know. They didn't fit Dec 2020 when I started this job.
Well done you. The scales may not reflect it but you must be losing inches. I bet you have a spring in your step today 😉

Yep, I didn't slouch so much and it kept me motivated for the day. I've another similar pair of trousers which are slightly smaller so will try them next week.
Day is over and I'm in bed now. Lunch as planned but I just couldn't eat all the chicken, in fact I ate very little. I went for a walk at lunchtime. Only 1.5km but it was something and it was raining, that along with the jiggle this morning was enough for today. My muscles are feeling a bit tired but thankfully not sore. Dinner I made a stir fry, leeks, peppers, cabbage and the chicken I didn't have for dinner tossed with some soy sauce. I was going to add skinny noodles to it but it didn't need them, though I did top with some roasted peanuts and they added the oomph I needed. Finished off with a square of dark chocolate and a litre of sparkling water with a lime in it.
That's me for today, talk tomorrow 🤭

Last edited:
Morning all , awake and about to get up and have some tea and a jiggle before heading off to work. Scales shows me finally after 3 weeks moving in the right direction. But it's a slow process. My Easter target with wll be hard to hit but I will keep trying.
Logging on here every day for a moan is really helping so thanks all.
Weather due be be bad so I think a jiggle this morning,no walk at lunchtime but then a cycle these evening seems like a plan. I think a simple lunch of the last or the soup and then some ham, cheese, avocado and crackers for lunch. And possibly and omlette and salad for dinner. There might be a digestive and a square of dark chocolate there too at some stage. The digestive, or sometimes two, really gets me through either 11 o clock slump or 4 o'clock hump at work depending on how the day has been. I've stopped tanking my 11 o clock break at work ( I find them canteen too loud at that time ) but do take a 5 minute breather for tea and a matter here or catch up on other personal stuff.

Aanyway, chat later.

Long term is more important than Easter goals, it might help with motivation to have short term ones and no harm in that just don't beat yourself up if you don't hit what you hoped by Easter. You're moving forwards at your own pace.

I agree Chilli, its a psychological thing trying to get to that goal. I did set it beyond my comfort zone deliberately so i didnt just sit back and coast.

Ha, Susie, i only managed 3km today. It was just so busy at work and i was just too tired to put the effort in

I need to buckle down and get back to where I can fit into my clothes. I've started sorting my clothes and first off was bras. Oh my god I didn't realise back in 2014 onwards when I was ill how much my boobs had shrunk. Just wish they had stayed that size as I need to get new bras now.

Next on my list are my tops and I know my blouses don't do up properly so those will be going to a Charity as they are like new.
No good keeping them as I know I won't get back down to 8st again.

I still keep looking at those exercise bikes but can't buy one when I already have a bike.

In bed now, it was a long day at work. After my 15 minute jiggle I went to work. I was feeling a little hungry at 11am but had a cracottes with cream cheese rather than a digestive. Then lunch I had the last of the spicey coconut cauliflower soup, cracottes, ham and avocado. I only had a quick lunch break and straight back to work. No 4 pm digestive and didn't leave the office till 6pm. Got home and was in 2 minds about a cycle but decided to give it a go. I only managed 10 mins and 3km when I knew I had enough. Dinner was 2 sausages, salad leaves, grilled peppers and a dry fried egg on the top, just right. And I finished off with a square of dark chocolate.
I have sausages left for work lunch tomorrow, not sure what to have them with.
Storm very bad here now, I will have no upright daffodils left tomorrow.
Talk tomorrow.

Morning and it's a lovely day out, clear skies and no wind. Just has a jiggle and off for a shower and get dressed. No idea what I want to wear today, something loose I think. Depending on how the day goes I might go for a short walk at lunchtime and think if I have a cycle this evening I might just put the bike in front of the tv and cycle a bit at a low resistance just watching it for about 10 minutes if I can rather than do a workout.
I have sausages packed for lunch (I heat them on the sandwich toaster at work, it's more like a panini press, I don't really like microwave heated food) and a mashed avocado, crackers and cream cheese. Today is always a tough day for me to stay on plan, I kinda go "f3ck it, it's almost Friday" so I have to stay focussed tonight. So will try to stay late a work and then the planned cycle should keep me sorted.
Scales still going in the right direction so hoping for a loss tomorrow.
Talk later.

Last edited:
Was texting a friend earlier, and while its not offical yet i am back at the weight i was last June. So some of my covid kilos are gone. Still the biggest of it to go though as most of it was put on from March to June. Its a year to the day since i last worked in the office with that friend. That was the week we were sent to work from home, what a year we have had.
Eating lunch now and thinking about a walk but the skies didnt stay good and we keep having downpours so maybe staying put is better.
I ended up wearing the second pair or trousers i havent worn in a while and they fit fine, im not saying they look good, just saying they fit, 😂. My belly looks baggy in them.

Ive just checked, i put on 10kg in 2020, and i was obese to start with anyway. 5 of those kilos have gone now, gone FOREVER.

Back