Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Wedll done hun, you've had a lot to deal with over the last 12 months so it's a real testament to your focus that you've lost so much.

Good idea to move the bike - but doesn't it weigh a ton?

It has rollers on the front Susie so you just tilt it up and roll it.
Yep Mary, I just watched TV today on it, but it's still so hard to get any distance or time on it. Going to rest tomorrow and put in an effort on Saturday.
In bed now, I managed a 3km cycle and then had meatballs and mashed pumpkin for dinner, a meal I had prepared and frozen. I still have over a week's worth in the freezer so no need to batch cook this weekend. And I had one glass of wine while I watched the first of the new season of Poldark on Netflix, looking forward to more of it tomorrow.

Good morning, it's Friday so weigh in is official. Finally after 2 weeks of gaining weight I have lost some. I've lost the gain and am 700g lighter too. Not a massive amount but a move in the right direction and giving me a total of 5.5kg gone this year so far. Still 3.2kg to go to get to Easter goal which will be tough . And 4.5 covid kilos still to go.
Off to update stats in all challenges woohoooo🥳
Have a good Friday everyone.

Last edited:
Back again, had a jiggle and just having some tea before I get dressed for work. Shopping day today and have my Friday night dinner planned. Nothing outrageous, I've taken some home made chicken liver pate out of the freezer and will get some brown soda bread and toast it. Maybe some rocket and olives and that's it, bread off plan but everything else allowed. Not sure about lunch, I have crackers and cream cheese for at my desk as will be shopping at official lunch time. I might bring the pack of stuffed vine leaves with me too just in case. I don't want to be tempted by sausage rolls or anything too snacky while shopping.

Woohoo well done on the loss, Tipp, that's fab!

And good plan to take something with you when you go shopping, I came a cropper big time yesterday not doing that!

Last edited:
So far today all ive eaten is 2 cracottes with cream cheese. Just beginning to get hungry now and looking forward to toast, pate, while and season 4 of Poldark

🌅 Morning, me again. And feeling good about today. Dinner yesterday was 3 slices brown soda bread toasted (smaller than sliced bread), chicken liver pate, 3 stuffed vine leaves, slice ham and a blob of hummus. It was perfect and not stuffed full of the calories and additives than Friday night takeaway would have been. And no leftovers that I would be obliged to eat this morning🤭. Well technically there is leftovers but you know what I mean. I did have lots of wine with it and watched 2 episodes of Poldark. Then I put on BBC2 and it was 1990 TOTP so I jumped up and danced along. I made sure my arms moved a Iot as they don't get any exercise. Then I fell asleep, a good Friday night.
Normal weekend stuff to do here starting with laundry and dishes. I'd like to go for a walk today, it's a bit overcast now but not raining as yet. Eggs, sausages and spinach for breakfast and then chicken kiev or burger for dinner with more spinach.
That's my plan for today. Scales this morning shows a loss from yesterday but last night's wine hasn't attached to me yet . Plan is not to have a weekend gain by Monday.
Talk later everyone.

Me again, I've just put my washing on and realized that I didn't wear any of my new elasticated very fat girl trousers this week, I wore actual proper clothes. Also checking my stats I've seen that I'm smaller now than when I went to France in September. I bought a dress there that was a bit tight so I'm wondering will it fit now. Though it was the chest and arms that it was tight on and I don't think I've lost anything there. Though worth trying it on to check. I also want to try on one of my favourite dresses too, I wore it a lot to work last year. It's a woollen dress so winter wear only.
I still haven't got the tape measure out but it will be interesting to see where the weight has gone from. I think some has gone from my neck as I don't feel like I'm choking anymore when lying down. And some from lower abdomen as my trousers fit

that's all sounding fab Tipperary! definitely try on those clothes you don't want to shrink too much without wearing them and losing out on the chance!

Morning all, well I had lots of wine last night so don't know what affect that will have on next week's weight loss. Dinner was chicken kiev, hummus and I think spinach. And garlicky mayonaisse dip . We went to the woods and picked lots of wild garlic so I've been cooking with it. Along with the wine I also had a packet of crisps, 4 shortbread fingers and a square of dark chocolate. Up early this morning and had breakfast earlier than normal (I had dinner at 5pm yesterday). Two egg cheese omlette, slice of ham and buttered spinach was breakfast. And just now I've had soup and one slice of toasted soda bread. I've also had 2 shortbread fingers, I must remember not to buy them again.
I'm trying to motivate myself to jump on the exercise bike but really not feeling it today. I might go for a walk though.

Ah yes the dangerous shortbread fingers, all too delicious!

Sounds like a good start to the day foodwise - how does thre soda bread impact on your low carb approach - if it does?

there is a place around 15 miles away that has wild garlic growing, the scent at the peak of flowering is amazing, but not for another couple months yet if I remember rightly. For years I didn't know what the smell was but I wouldn't have guessed at garlic.

Walk will be good I'm sure, bit of fresh air and (hopefully) sunlight.

Ah yes the dangerous shortbread fingers, all too delicious!

Sounds like a good start to the day foodwise - how does thre soda bread impact on your low carb approach - if it does?
Yep, it's not allowed🙄. That's why it was a Friday treat and I shouldn't have had it today.

there is a place around 15 miles away that has wild garlic growing, the scent at the peak of flowering is amazing, but not for another couple months yet if I remember rightly. For years I didn't know what the smell was but I wouldn't have guessed at garlic.

Walk will be good I'm sure, bit of fresh air and (hopefully) sunlight.

Yep, leaves out now and just ready to pick before the flower soon. There is a small grove of trees about 3km that has lots of them. We also a forest about 25km away that has acres of it and it looks amazing when it flowers. But we can't go beyond 5km still and what's down the road is absolutely fine. I've whizzed it up with olive oil and adding it to everything.

I've tried on the dresses and nope they aren't fitting yet. They are all too tight around the bra line and under arms. So still a lot of work to do.

we're allowed still to go to the place I mean as it's the nearest town with things like optician and supermarket. I live quite rurally. Having said that I don't often go, I was there several times recently but only because I booked me plus both kids in for eye tests and then back to pick up glasses.

No scent of garlic yet tho :(

So of course I've gone and done it again, overdone it at the weekend and weight way up again. Lots of water and self discipline today but had to start with breakfast as had dinner at 4pm yesterday. Tired now as been awake seems 4am and will have a mad day at work as lots of staff our and Mondays are bedlam anyway

Ha no, on lunch now and im taling the full hours as wrecked. Im eating in canteen but going to take tea to the car to chill out

Back